Forest pricing

Oldent
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Forest pricing

Post by Oldent » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:00 pm

dice4hire wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:57 pm
Right now I am thinking of not getting the tree trunks and canopies, just the base sets. Maybe not as cool, but cheaper and more playable.
There are a lot of people who do not like walls and foliage. Wait for pricing before you make up your mind.
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:57 pm

Right now I am thinking of not getting the tree trunks and canopies, just the base sets. Maybe not as cool, but cheaper and more playable.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Audles
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Audles » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:36 pm

I'm really excited for these. I knew the moment they were announced I'd likely be getting trees to the detriment of everything else in this campaign. I stopped looking at Caverns awhile ago. >.<

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:28 am

Elye suggested there might be platforms but Nate confirmed that they will produce mini platforms in the Build interview.

Brings into light the whole tree stability issue as we start imagining putting on our old metal Chaos Marines Raptors. They bareley stay upright on the table!
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

JK - 123456
Goblin
Goblin

Post by JK - 123456 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:26 am

William wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:21 am
I think Nate mentioned miniature stands for the trees.
I see them as something like this, put in at the different junctions of the foliage portions.
hi William,

i see them as being more like a 'Y' with a line in the v of the Y . kind of like s pitch fork but made in branch style... so it looks like a branch sticking out the side of the tree with two or three prongs but you can put a mini on it...

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:21 am

I think Nate mentioned miniature stands for the trees.
I see them as something like this, put in at the different junctions of the foliage portions.
Forest Mini Stands.jpg
Forest Mini Stands.jpg (95.39 KiB) Viewed 1074 times
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

Seraphis the Bland
Orc
Orc

Post by Seraphis the Bland » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:15 pm

I just can't get over how beautiful it is. What I really want to know is how much is it going to cost to get what I saw on that live stream? Didn't he also throw in some bits from the mountain set? Looked like riser blocks ( I don't have the mountain set)?

Animewarped
Orc
Orc

Post by Animewarped » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:12 pm

My son is starting his own collection of DF. He got Zaltars gameroom and a remastered core set (all un-painted) for less than $200. This KS he's looking to get Cavern Entrance (U), 2x Starter Cavern (U), 1 Dwarven Forge (P), 1 Adventure Pack 3 (P) all for $245. He is hoping to raise a bit more and also get a Camp Pack (P) as well. This should give him a nice start to his caverns. All together, he will have some nice coverage and building ability. Size doesn't always matter :) (wife's interjection not posted here for obvious reasons. lol )

combs1ng
Orc
Orc

Post by combs1ng » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:45 pm

astolat wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:48 pm
Just watched the new gencon stream from this morning (https://www.twitch.tv/videos/293397185 and jump to 1:54 in) and I'm just in for ALL of this forest, omg, every piece of it. It's MAGICAL. That build they did at the end with the escarpments and the scatter pieces (I think Nate said there were going to be three separate scatter pieces?) and the ravines and and and. *flails like Kermit*
Ugghh...I have to say it looks impressive but I wish it were being focused on more thoroughly next year. Too much to split my budget on, especially just coming into DF within the last year or so. I assume it works well for the veteran DFers but to many of us "newbies" with no old sets, therefore needing large quantities of dungeons, caverns, etc... it is just too much to tackle. I can confidently say that I would spend 100% more between caverns and forests if it were divided into two years instead of all this year. I find myself splitting my budget, not increasing it. And I would have to assume many others find themselves in the same predicament. That being said, it looks awesome and I will get a bit for our table, just not as much as I would like. My 2 cents.
"The price of wisdom is eternal thought." - Frank Birch

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:45 pm

I think I would have explored the forest (got lost) after the opening act and back then it'd be after a few beers. ;)
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

Return to “Kickstarter 6 Discussion”