Stefan wants to know how many new Water Tiles sets will you buy? (Drawings inside)

How many sets of the new water tiles will you buy during the PM or immediately from the webstore?

I will buy 1-3 sets of both the Alternate Water Pack and Water Swell Pack
63%
I will buy 4+ sets of both the Alternate Water Pack and Water Swell Pack
12%
I will buy 1-3 sets of the Alternate Water Pack
4%
I will buy 4+ sets of the Alternate Water Pack
No votes
I will buy 1-3 sets of the Water Swell Pack
1%
I will buy 4+ sets of the Water Swell Pack
No votes
I am not interested in either pack.
21%

Total votes: 139

Talistran
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Stefan wants to know how many new Water Tiles sets will you buy? (Drawings inside)

Post by Talistran » Sun Aug 23, 2020 2:46 am

William wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 11:20 pm Both = more revenue. No brainer. :?: :?
I agree with you 100%, as I typically do. :)

DevGuy
Orc
Orc

Re: Stefan wants to know how many new Water Tiles sets will you buy? (Drawings inside)

Post by DevGuy » Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:05 am

Maybe. I hope you get them, why wouldn’t I? I’m just not convinced that it’s as cut and dry (money left on the table) as you think.

Talistran
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Talistran » Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:18 am

DevGuy wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:05 am Maybe. I hope you get them, why wouldn’t I? I’m just not convinced that it’s as cut and dry (money left on the table) as you think.
A number of people, above and beyond me, have said that they are also leaving money on the table. We have asked them to do a smaller KS or to do them outside the KS, which trends towards it not being tied to a once a year splurge. At some point, we do have to just take people at their word :)

arsthein
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by arsthein » Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:59 am

Speaking for myself only, yes, I could, and would, happily spent 1000-2000 every year on DF (and even more some years if they produce something I get crazy about), and I'm not doing it since many years, not even close. I would get a little bitter if 1/3 of that was for shipping, but still.

Their product is fantastic, it's just that I'm not entirely on board since quite some years with the environments (or design formats) they are choosing to go for. My larger investments were for KS2 lava and Dungeon of Doom, and even then, I took as few as I could of the basic + red columns pieces (too similar to KS1), which ended up being quite a few anyway, because they were included with the enormous amount of other cool stuff present in KS5. So in KS6 only took some cool stuff to add to my existing caverns collection, same and fewer in Hellscape. I may not participate in KS 7 since outdoors is not my thing.

If they have done something like Rampage Dungeons, Aztec or Egyptian tiles from other brands (in the standard DF dungeon template), or a repaint of DoD with white marble walls and floors the like of their daises, and a dungeon set of ruins in the vein of the ruins of this KS7, then yes, they would have extra money that I've not spend. That's just me, of course, and I know is not much, they've done great with their decisions, and I'm glad for them. Just stating the fact of this extra money they could be getting, and where my "pickiness resides".

I didn't go for KS2 water tiles because I have resin rivers and lakes, and the (then new) set looked basic and incomplete. If something new is done about it, I would take several sets of the old basic set and both suggested expansions.

I would really feel bad for old adopters if the tiles are completely redesign from scratch rendering the old KS2 water tiles obsolete, although it wouldn't matter for me, since in this case I was cautious/paranoid about them, and turns out I'm not one of said adopters, and I could have the new design without worrying about the old one. But it would feel wrong.

For stagnant cavern waters, I too would like to be able to determine the width of the streams and make lakes out of the tiles, so a 4" fixed template wouldn't do it for me either. To retain the flexibility and modularity of the KS2 template is paramount for me (although I would be happy with 4" tiles provided they only have one shore and they have open water tiles).

Not asking for anything at this point, just stating personal preferences.

Greetings!

Mobius
Orc
Orc

Post by Mobius » Fri Aug 28, 2020 12:42 am

I'm torn on what I want for water representation.

I definitely find that negative space water looks better and is cheaper than the KS2 water tiles. I also find that the Hellscape lava rivers and the Wildlands waterfall look amazing, and new water tiles in those styles would be unbelievable.

I don't have a big DF budget and I did get a few sets of the water tiles during KS2, which for me is a sizeable investment. I don't think I could afford to get new KS7-style river tiles, but I would always say yes to a potential KS2 water tile expansion purely to get more value and use out of what I already own.

After passing on Terrain Trays in DoD and CD, I'm finally going to try some negative space rivers using banks in my Wildlands pledge. At least, the price is right for me doing them that way.

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Fri Aug 28, 2020 1:04 am

Well I went big on unpainted KS-2 water for modifying and then added more open tiles for even more mods and also larger bodies of water. I'm in for about ten+ sets of combined open and standard water tiles (many have partial mods). Then the mention by Stefan a few years back of doing a second set had me putting it all on hold. I wanted to see what was going to be offered then mod what I think I would need at that point. I also wanted to paint it all at once for better matching of the color blending I'm planning for the water edges.

I have avoided most TT's, banks and most negative space DF stuff while I waited for the water tiles to be decided on. Now I'm in total water limbo and I'm a bit pissed about the whole thing. I'll just continue to hope and wait, because I have so many other things to paint. One of these days I'll have to decide. I just wish DF would do them and make it all that much easier for me to get the set I've wanted for half a decade. ;)

So for me it would be more expensive to abandon what I have and go another direction. Plus I don't want to go that direction I just want this tiny set made, not endless banks and TT's. To be clear I want these for my caverns, not outdoors. That's another whole catfish to bone. :shock:
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:49 am

My cavern water will never be obsolete as i will keep using it.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Fri Aug 28, 2020 7:17 pm

From here: viewtopic.php?f=75&t=11459
Q: What's the oldest piece you have had to hold back that you're most wanting to bring to a future kickstarter?

A: Record has to go to Elye’s drawbridge. Necro-drawbridge was originally sculpted for Castles, but was held onto until the Hellgate in Hellscape. The Kree Queen needs to come out. But need bigger burrows. Double-wide burrows. Other things that have been held include: Ruins, Water tiles, and roads.
....wait, what???
101 Resin and 293 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by GODofwar » Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:47 pm

You should become an intel analyst, Animei.

TLW
WeaselWarGod

Return to “Kickstarter 6 Discussion”