Stefan wants to know how many new Water Tiles sets will you buy? (Drawings inside)

How many sets of the new water tiles will you buy during the PM or immediately from the webstore?

I will buy 1-3 sets of both the Alternate Water Pack and Water Swell Pack
62%
I will buy 4+ sets of both the Alternate Water Pack and Water Swell Pack
12%
I will buy 1-3 sets of the Alternate Water Pack
3%
I will buy 4+ sets of the Alternate Water Pack
No votes
I will buy 1-3 sets of the Water Swell Pack
1%
I will buy 4+ sets of the Water Swell Pack
No votes
I am not interested in either pack.
22%

Total votes: 131

blinky
Orc
Orc

Re: Stefan wants to know how many new Water Tiles sets will you buy? (Drawings inside)

Post by blinky » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:08 pm

Talistran wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:36 pm
If it happens, i am 99% sure it will be in the PM. Stefan said it was somwthjng he could see happening in the PM
It would be really good to see a plan for KS2 water tiles in a KS6 update, before KS6 ends.

Talistran
Ogre
Ogre

Re: Stefan wants to know how many new Water Tiles sets will you buy? (Drawings inside)

Post by Talistran » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:36 pm

Forar80 wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:04 pm
Has there been any further movement on this? Are we likely to see it officially announced and priced before the end of the KS, or is this more likely to be a PM thing, developed in the weeks between the campaign ends and the PM goes live?

Personally I'm hoping that if it happens, they can squeeze in the announcement in the KS, and ideally soon. Obviously nobody wants to be rushed into something that might prove more costly than anticipated, but in terms of making an informed contribution, being able to do so with as much knowledge as early as possible would be awesome.

Especially as a low funding backer, it could be the choice between a cavern starter as my set, or a (lower cost) encounter. I'm leaning on the former anyways, but again, informed choices and whatnot.
If it happens, i am 99% sure it will be in the PM. Stefan said it was somwthjng he could see happening in the PM

Forar80
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Forar80 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 4:04 pm

Has there been any further movement on this? Are we likely to see it officially announced and priced before the end of the KS, or is this more likely to be a PM thing, developed in the weeks between the campaign ends and the PM goes live?

Personally I'm hoping that if it happens, they can squeeze in the announcement in the KS, and ideally soon. Obviously nobody wants to be rushed into something that might prove more costly than anticipated, but in terms of making an informed contribution, being able to do so with as much knowledge as early as possible would be awesome.

Especially as a low funding backer, it could be the choice between a cavern starter as my set, or a (lower cost) encounter. I'm leaning on the former anyways, but again, informed choices and whatnot.

iceycat
Goblin
Goblin

Post by iceycat » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:42 pm

I will buy new water tile designs but would prefer to wait till AFTER this Kickstarter as KS6 is God awful expensive compared to any other Kickstarter that came before it. I hope and pray that in future KS campaigns they scale back like a LOT. The price of a good used car to go all in for each encounter even unpainted is a little ridiculous.

pacarat
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by pacarat » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:32 pm

NinjaMeesta wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:22 pm
Waaayy back when I first came across DF, I remember seeing the Cavernous Lake set, and falling in love with it.
Unfortunately I had no funds to buy it, so I was perpetual the kid with their nose pressed up against the glass of the toy store window.
When KS2 had the water tiles out, I snapped them up and the blank tiles they added to the store after.
These are a buy for me, love em.
I have a couple cavernous lakes sets, but none of the cavernous river sets. That is the one resin set I would really love to have.

Might as well ask, anyone have a spare set? Have Catacombs and ROTA to trade... :)

NinjaMeesta
Orc
Orc

Post by NinjaMeesta » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:22 pm

Waaayy back when I first came across DF, I remember seeing the Cavernous Lake set, and falling in love with it.
Unfortunately I had no funds to buy it, so I was perpetual the kid with their nose pressed up against the glass of the toy store window.
When KS2 had the water tiles out, I snapped them up and the blank tiles they added to the store after.
These are a buy for me, love em.

tort518
Goblin
Goblin

Post by tort518 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:15 pm

I am broke and can’t contribute now, but I voted for 1–3 of each and would also include the water transition piece, from the store once I get enough money.

I want more versatility that these designs would offer. I also use negative space so being able to do both and have it look great as well as not blocky is a plus.

Oldent
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Oldent » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:48 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:30 pm
Heck an 8x8 water tile theoretically could be done. I'd be all over about 6-8 of those.
y
I thought about 8 by 8 but two 6 by 6's are equal to a foot. I would buy 8 by 8's
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:30 pm

Heck an 8x8 water tile theoretically could be done. I'd be all over about 6-8 of those.
102 Resin and 217 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Oldent
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Oldent » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:09 pm

Forar80 wrote:
Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:42 am
I can't say I *will* buy a water pack, but I do have one from back during KS2, and would find this highly appealing.

Since 'maybe' isn't an option, I guess I'll go with the committal answer, but depending on the pricing and how far I'm stretching my meager budget when this campaign ends, it really has a lot of variables that'd need addressing before I could actually commit money to it.
i do not like two by two water tiles, four by four would be cool, six by six would be better.
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

Return to “Kickstarter 6 Discussion”