Feedback on latest pledge greatly appreciated.

strid3s
Goblin
Goblin

Re: Feedback on latest pledge greatly appreciated.

Post by strid3s » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:07 am

Cheers @Zenmaster. I hear what your saying. Maybe I can make some savings for forest for example due to getting most of the hags den core amongst the other add ons I’m also getting. I am aware of the doubling up but was thinking more the merrier but def a good point you raise :) thanks for the feedback.
Pray for Mojo..

zenmaster
Orc
Orc

Post by zenmaster » Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:21 am

Quick thought on forests: 160$ unpainted gets you 2 scatter terrain packs, 1 large and 1 small tree pack for forest coverage on a mat.

Quick take in general: Not sure what Hags Den core gets you that your other stuff doesn't do for you. Cavern entrance and Crooked Caverns getting you corner entrances and convex. Passage packs get you passages. Trifecta gets you trifecta pieces. Floor pack gets you 6x6 floor. Whatever of that core you want, addons are doing (and could do more if needed) it seems. Just a thought.

Looks like a great pledge with lots of enjoyment in the future!
Dungeon Crawl Classics enthusiast.

strid3s
Goblin
Goblin

Post by strid3s » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:38 pm

Just thinking about it some more (who would have thought lol):
* Meant get the Camp pack but forgot to add to my list.
* I have 3 terrain trays from KS5 (2x lava, 1x acid) so got the stone side trays covered i think.
* Have 1x wall insert pack in the list already and get a fair few individual inserts from other packs too i believe.
* Dumping forests all together as i cant do them justice with my aprox budget of $1500.
* Trying to add some more bling. Hopefully we get some of those "trove-like" packs in the PM like in KS5 - i got the fanatics and mystic troves in KS5 and they look amazing (from pics and feedback that is).
* I'm not a huge fan of most of the encounter adventure packs (other than 1,5,11) although i need to look at the stretch goal-graphics once updated to get a better idea around adding bling.
Pray for Mojo..

Kryzsko
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Kryzsko » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:30 pm

strid3s wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:04 pm
Thank you so much for the feedback guys. Thinking about dropping the forest and maybe getting more bling. Think I’m dabbling too much. I’m sure to change my mind again though.
I feel your pain. I change my mind every 5 minutes.

strid3s
Goblin
Goblin

Post by strid3s » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:04 pm

Thank you so much for the feedback guys. Thinking about dropping the forest and maybe getting more bling. Think I’m dabbling too much. I’m sure to change my mind again though.
Pray for Mojo..

Kryzsko
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Kryzsko » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:55 pm

Your pledge looks great to me. It is so hard to say because there are so many options and none of them are bad.

I personally LOVE the Wall Insert pack a lot. In fact, I will likely get one pack now and maybe 3 more packs later in the DF store. This pack is very versatile. I loved the free standing walls from KS2 and only wished I had more and that there had been an easy way to get just those. These are also nicer because there is more variety in the sculps and the bases are wider so they should stand up even better. I like these even better than the trifecta pieces (I also like them) because you can set them on top of any 2x2 floor and have another wall and they can be sat anywhere on any tile and they will not be higher than the other walls. You also don't have to worry about what wall goes with what floor like you do with the trifecta pieces. It is also great that they made slots to stick them in. The slot/freestanding wall/door system may be my favorite new feature in this KS. It lets you change things up and also adds a lot of versatility but not a lot complexity.

That is a long-winded way of saying I would add a Wall Insert pack. :lol:

GriffinTamer
Orc
Orc

Post by GriffinTamer » Sat Aug 11, 2018 2:23 pm

Looks like a great selection to me.

Since you're getting the Banks pack and also some Trifecta pieces, you may want to pick up some of the KS5 stone pattern terrain trays; that will open up lots more potential floor space if you need it, and also allow for easy large elevated areas (since you mention that you want to do a lot with elevation builds). Of course you can use Cavern Water terrain trays for elevated areas too if you cover them. (Or if you want a pool in your elevated area.)

combs1ng
Orc
Orc

Post by combs1ng » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:40 am

I take it your not on a strict budget? Your list looks great and the first 4 core items is almost exactly what I am going with only painted. A couple thoughts. Your not interested in any forests beyond the cave mouth and banks? Secondly, two packs I'm getting for very little money are the Dwarven Forge and the Camp pack. For $22 and $16 dollars respectively I think they are great utility pieces to flesh out your cavern, dungeon, etc... The camp pack probably has more versatility to represent people of all sorts in almost any setting.
"The price of wisdom is eternal thought." - Frank Birch

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:32 am

You have plenty so not a lot to worry about here

Worth Looking at Adventure Packs - not as inexpensive as buying the door and insert bits outright, but they got lots of SG stuff that is not available elsewhere - minis, mushroom, water transition etc

My only worry would be that you are light on BLING - but if that is not your style that is cool too
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

strid3s
Goblin
Goblin

Feedback on latest pledge greatly appreciated.

Post by strid3s » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:07 am

Hi All,

I have almost got my pledge sorted for the moment. I am wondering if i have enough floor coverage with the below or whether i am trying to do too much? I have zero KS2 and a reasonable amount of KS5 coming soon. I am looking to do rooms as well as tunnels and love the idea of elevation/neg space builds. I am sure the pledge will change again but wondering if anyone has some advice at all.

Pledge:
• Pledge – Cavern Entrance, un-painted ($104 US).
• Starter Cavern, un-painted x2 ($48 US).
• Encounter 5 – Cave of Ruin, un-painted ($201 US).
• Encounter 11 – Hag’s Den, un-painted ($ 307 US).

Add-ons:
• Caverns Floor pack, un-painted ($32 US).
• Trifecta terrain Pack, un-painted ($59 US).
• Wall Insert Pack, un-painted ($28 US).
• Cave Cliffs Pack, un-painted ($68 US).
• Crooked Caverns Pack, un-painted ($37 US).
• Stalagmite Pack, un-painted ($28 US).
• Vile Mushroom Pack, un-painted x2 ($28 US).
• Rising Elevation Pack, un-painted ($20 US).
• Natural bridge pack, un-painted x2 ($27 US).
• Stairway to Violence Pack, un-painted ($46 US).
• Crystal Caverns Epic Elements, un-painted ($67 US).
• Crystal Caverns Walls & Corners, un-painted ($68 US).
• Passages Pack, un-painted ($27 US).
• Stone Banks pack, un-painted ($25 US).
• Villain Pack, painted ($X US).
• Dread-Hollow Cave Mouth Pack, un-painted ($46 US).
• Elevation Stilt Pack, un-painted ($12 US).
• Dread-Hollow Banks Pack, un-painted ($X US).
• Water terrain trays x2 ($X US each).

Aprox $1700 give or take.

Cheers,

Strid3s
Pray for Mojo..

Return to “Kickstarter 6 Discussion”