Final stretch goals

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Final stretch goals

Post by Rabbit Burner » Thu Aug 16, 2018 9:19 am

Mobius wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:27 am
It reminds me of my "Non-Castle" Castle Pledge. I didn't get a Castle in KS4, yet still ended up somehow spending more money on that project than any other one to date. That's a sign of an amazing variety of offerings.
Currently Caverns Deep is our "Non Caverns" Caverns pledge :)
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

Mobius
Orc
Orc

Post by Mobius » Wed Aug 15, 2018 9:27 am

zenmaster wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:34 am
Seriously? After this successful campaign with so much responsiveness, modularity, and customizability offered by DF, there is sadness over a random stretch goal for one pack out of a multitude of packs? The allure of "stretch goals" never ceases to amaze me.

I have dozens of reasons to increase my pledge (pieces and paint schemes outside my budget) and will hopefully talk myself out of them in the PM phase in the name of fiscal sanity 🙂

Nothing but happiness here over what me and my family will be getting next summer!
You're right. It's too easy to focus on the negative, but there are a lot of amazing things in this KS. I'm personally not interested in miniatures, terrain trays, LEDs or alternate cavern paint jobs. Despite those self-imposed limitations, there is still too much amazing things on my want list here, and I still won't be able to get everything I want in the PM. There's so much good stuff in this KS project, that it's almost a blessing when a new element doesn't interest you, since there's an abundance of beautiful pieces to pick from.

It reminds me of my "Non-Castle" Castle Pledge. I didn't get a Castle in KS4, yet still ended up somehow spending more money on that project than any other one to date. That's a sign of an amazing variety of offerings.

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:20 am

I think he's a smithy. No snake hoobage.
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:18 am

William wrote:
Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:06 am
Out of what you listed I have ONE head on a spike. So what fun am I havin'?

EDIT -
For a Village in the CBS KS, I 'think' I got; 2 guys holding mugs, 2 smedium rats and a dwarf eating cotton candy. ;)
Awww only one :(

But your having more fun with one than none :)

We didn't get no stinking dwarf eating cotton candy!!!!!!!
You didn't get the topless snake lady ? Makes my daughter giggle every time she see it ;)

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Wed Aug 15, 2018 6:06 am

Out of what you listed I have ONE head on a spike. So what fun am I havin'?

EDIT -
For a Village in the CBS KS, I 'think' I got; 2 guys holding mugs, 2 smedium rats and a dwarf eating cotton candy. ;)
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Wed Aug 15, 2018 5:57 am

We have got gazillions of minis to paint, well ok maybe just millions, well definitely thousands (not kidding).

Some of DF's most memorable SGs have been miniatures we remember the forlorn lamenting of many backers for not getting the double headed croc in CBS.

One extra B&B terrain piece will not stand out, but a painted mini of a man drinking beer gets 'oh cool' reaction and used straight away. A pyromaniac gasmask wearing rat was a hit in the warren.

Heads on spikes - cool.

The problem with DF providing all these break out add-on packs is that they can't put SGs in each.

zenmaster
Orc
Orc

Post by zenmaster » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:34 am

Swiftbrook wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:28 pm
Just saw the Primordial stretch goal. No reason for me to increase my pledge. DF is ending this kickstarter with a dud for me. It's sad because I really like there terrain!
Seriously? After this successful campaign with so much responsiveness, modularity, and customizability offered by DF, there is sadness over a random stretch goal for one pack out of a multitude of packs? The allure of "stretch goals" never ceases to amaze me.

I have dozens of reasons to increase my pledge (pieces and paint schemes outside my budget) and will hopefully talk myself out of them in the PM phase in the name of fiscal sanity 🙂

Nothing but happiness here over what me and my family will be getting next summer!
Dungeon Crawl Classics enthusiast.

Arcarius2001
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Arcarius2001 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:18 pm

Saxon1974 wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:13 pm
Dang it I caved and got the dreadhollow pack. Was on the fence about the tree but adding the primordial and hearing Elye sculpted it and his description sold me. Love his sculpts.
I don’t see how you could pass it up!! Amazing sculpts.

Saxon1974
Orc
Orc

Post by Saxon1974 » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:13 pm

Dang it I caved and got the dreadhollow pack. Was on the fence about the tree but adding the primordial and hearing Elye sculpted it and his description sold me. Love his sculpts.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Tue Aug 14, 2018 7:12 pm

truepom wrote:
Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:55 pm
I can understand if you don't have minis, but if you're buying DF, chances are you've got minis to play with it :)
This is a very good point.
106 Resin and 159 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned