Pledge Manager Add-On *Wish List*

zenako
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Pledge Manager Add-On *Wish List*

Post by zenako » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:33 pm

Bottom line....oh crap...sounds like more $$$ leaving the wallet...

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:28 pm

Nate posted on the KS comments re PM:
"
Nate Taylor, Architect of DoomCollaboratorSuperbacker
about 4 hours ago

Hey all!

So we're cooking away on the Pledge Manager. We'll get it launched as soon as possible. The factory is dying to know what people are ordering so they can start prepping the order.

Nina, Michelle, and Elye are finishing up the last few "Sculpts in progress" so we can have those cast and painted and ready to show.

For the PM we're breaking a few sets in half to make them more affordable. And we're offering a few more existing sets in alternate paint colors to maximize your options. We're also putting together a few new set compositions to round out the offer a bit.

Finally we might have one or two new things to offer, but no promises, yet.
"
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

Glendel
Orc
Orc

Post by Glendel » Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:41 am

Azurecobalt wrote:
Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:25 pm
I'm hoping for a "Last Gasp of the Cavern" or something like that which is similar to the add-on from KS5 that contained all the pieces that weren't included or barely included in the all-in pledge levels...
I would like this. Even with an entire DCD you come up with 1 or 2 of a decent number of pieces. It would be interesting/great/neat if there was a pack or two that ended up just a jumble of those odds and ends pieces.

Azurecobalt
Kobold
Kobold

Post by Azurecobalt » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:25 pm

I'm hoping for a "Last Gasp of the Cavern" or something like that which is similar to the add-on from KS5 that contained all the pieces that weren't included or barely included in the all-in pledge levels...

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GardenDM » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:09 pm

Swiftbrook wrote:
Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:20 pm
There needs to be a Narrow Caverns Pack Add-On. If you go all in on Caverns Deep Deluxe! you only get four (4) Outside Standing Walls. I have found the Passage Walls from DoD very useful. We need an easy way to get more Outside Standing Walls. Four are included in the Passage Accessories Pack for $74/$50, but I don't need multiples of the other big pieces in that set.

Here's an idea for a Narrow Caverns Pack based on Nate's Hands-On With Passages video:
6 x Outside Standing Wall
1 x Straight Passage
1 x Trifecta Corner Wall (Nate called it a Trifecta Curve in video)
1 x Trifecta Corner Ledge
1 x Corner Fill Stalagmite
1 x Swell Wall Right
2 x Straight Wall (1x1)
3 x Flat Floor (1x2)
All for about $50

-Just My Thoughts
Great point and analysis. Thanks!

Swiftbrook
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Swiftbrook » Wed Aug 22, 2018 1:20 pm

There needs to be a Narrow Caverns Pack Add-On. If you go all in on Caverns Deep Deluxe! you only get four (4) Outside Standing Walls. I have found the Passage Walls from DoD very useful. We need an easy way to get more Outside Standing Walls. Four are included in the Passage Accessories Pack for $74/$50, but I don't need multiples of the other big pieces in that set.

Here's an idea for a Narrow Caverns Pack based on Nate's Hands-On With Passages video:
6 x Outside Standing Wall
1 x Straight Passage
1 x Trifecta Corner Wall (Nate called it a Trifecta Curve in video)
1 x Trifecta Corner Ledge
1 x Corner Fill Stalagmite
1 x Swell Wall Right
2 x Straight Wall (1x1)
3 x Flat Floor (1x2)
All for about $50

-Just My Thoughts

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:58 pm

I would also like a set of 2x2 tiles to help fix things.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:53 pm

Yeah this is one thing I brought up to the staff as well; they said pieces to fix the grid will likely be next kickstarter (assuming they do forests again). They needed large pieces to have it look organic and not rows of trees.
102 Resin and 232 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Khail
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Khail » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:48 pm

Yeah, I noticed that when trying to figure out how to use the Dreadhollow stuff to add a small "park" to my KS3 city. I more or less determined either there would have to be a good amount of sidewalk around the perimeter, or it would have to be 12" square.

Law
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Law » Mon Aug 20, 2018 5:28 pm

Looking over Dreadhollow, I don't think it sank in for me that the smaller forest tiles (from the Light Forest add on) are 3x3, not 2x2 or even 4x4.

This raises an intriguing challenge. For those of us who want to use other DF in the forest - the grid is off because literally every other setting works in multiples of 2, while this works in multiples of 3. So no matter how you do it, a set of ROTA ruins, or a large Tower with a flared base, or a little cottage - whatever you put, you can't have the forest directly up against it. You'll need a set of 2x2 tiles to fill in the gaps. Which is a shame bc other than the wilderness ones - which are hard to find and don't fit properly - nothing else blends with forest. You'll have to use cavern floors, I guess, which are an acceptable solution but still mean a big rock backyard surrounding your stuff. Kinda ruins a cool "tower in the woods" or "little cottage" setup, though it admittedly works for ruins. I guess for a cottage you could use the KS3 sidewalk tiles to make a little walk. Hm.

Anyway - so my wish list would be a set of like 10 2x2 forest tiles to fix the grid if you use forest with other DF sets.

Return to “Kickstarter 6 Discussion”