Trifecta long swell wall right issues

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Trifecta long swell wall right issues

Post by William » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:38 pm

Looks that way to me too, 4x4 when joined.
About uses... Together they could be used in any room or between any room. As the two pieces used apart. The floor is obvious, so I'll concentrate on the wall piece. The back side (flush face) is excellent as a cavern entry off a terrain tray (or any NS) in a cliff face, at water level or raised above another layer or two of walls (raised a level or more, however). The back side of that (or the part with the floor) could be used in same manor but has a bit of a 'beach' or open area prior to entering the opening. The wall piece can also be used on top of another level of floor as a 12mm step up to a new level, as if the door is slightly above the typical floor area of that room. Will it flood?
Anyway, I think you will find many uses Law, your pretty good at that. ;)
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Vegomatic » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:59 pm

I am confident it is 4x4. The wall is 1 inch on one end and 2 inches on the other. The ledge is 2 inches on the narrow end and 3 on the other.

So it takes it off the two inch grid but leaves it on a 1 inch grid. The 1x1 and 1x2 pieces can be used to fill gaps.

iPaint
Orc
Orc

Post by iPaint » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:58 pm

I want to say it's either a 4x3 or 4x4 footprint (leaning towards 4x3 based on squares shown in the ledge part) and should have a perfectly rectangular footprint when combined as shown:

EDIT: also see here: https://youtu.be/3KRvgpVLfh4?t=282

HTH

~iPaint

jazzman
Orc
Orc

Post by jazzman » Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:46 pm

I don't think it's meant to be used in the middle of a room like a dungeon wall. There is no back floor piece to flush it to the grid on the back side.

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:08 pm

These two pieces do need a small video to show their usage.

FYI - I case you missed this, :?:
When you are looking at the corresponding floor swell in the graphic, it's shown upside-down. Also when the trifecta swell floor and wall are joined, doesn't it create a rectangle or square? Unsure on it that? Hope they break it down before the PM closes.
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

Law
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Trifecta long swell wall right issues

Post by Law » Fri Aug 17, 2018 1:29 pm

I am sorry, but I just can't get my head around the geometry of this piece. The diagonal ledge in the graphic really throws me - I see how it connects up to be a whole but the angle and the swell issue and the gap in the wall combine to make it a nightmare for me to understand how it will work in-hand.

If I'm using this piece, as a swell wall, it goes off the grid. So, part one, the right of this piece is now off-grid by an inch. That means I either need a left swell wall to bring it back, or a lot of 2x1 floors to fill in the gaps now. Okay. I can get that.

But I can't understand what goes on, on the other side of the piece. It's design makes it tempting to put a passage there, but other than that - let's say I put a door or just have it open, how does it connect to the next area?

Because it's gone off-grid, do I have to leave negative space? Or can I just place a 1x1 floor square on the other side of the wall on the left and then just go from there? Maybe drop a few 2x1 floors to put us back on grid and otherwise it's fine? How many 2x1 floors am I gonna need to force this thing back into grid? Or should I just plan to pair it with left swell walls on both sides?

Return to “Kickstarter 6 Discussion”