Re: Mini Kickstarter - Discussion, wants, suggestions, etc

Post by pacarat » Wed Feb 20, 2019 3:40 pm

Rabbit Burner wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:16 am
pacarat wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:19 pm
MrMorden wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:49 pm
I would still also like to see another overlooked genre: corpses. Some slain (or just uncounscious) adventurers, as well as bodies of villagers have many, many uses that come up often. I’d also like to see some bodies that have died in unusual fashion as well...crushed to a pulp, burned beyond recognition, impaled on spikes...

These kinds of things come up a lot, though maybe I’m to blame for my dark DM style...
I took a bunch of suitable (dark age, medieval, fantasy, skellies) figures which are fairly flat (so they would work as prone) made some insta-mold press molds, used green stuff and/or super sculpy, popped them out, then did a bunch of mods to show effects of gravity, age, weathering, etc. In the bare bones skelly cases, I added some rags, random bits of this and that. I have two and four legged mods done - they work great for just about any period - tried to keep them generic and weaponless - so my PA, Pulp, or Fantasy games can benefit.
Pictures ? ........

A bunch scattered around - look for the carnivorous plants:

Here’s a couple more:

Oldent
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Oldent » Wed Feb 20, 2019 10:50 am

MrMorden wrote:
I would still also like to see another overlooked genre: corpses. Some slain (or just uncounscious) adventurers, as well as bodies of villagers have many, many uses that come up often. I’d also like to see some bodies that have died in unusual fashion as well...crushed to a pulp, burned beyond recognition, impaled on spikes...

These kinds of things come up a lot, though maybe I’m to blame for my dark DM style...

We all need Well done corpses ;)
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:37 am

dice4hire wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:07 am
Rabbit Burner wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:30 am
dice4hire wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:26 pm
With all the trays, we need stuff to be coming out of the trays, half and quarter creatures and items galore
Cool and they would benefit with magnets :)
Ill use a more proven technology called gravity.
Fair point - its simple, its very cheap, never turns off, does not need glue, it does have a problem with non horizontal surfaces.
But its pretty much the goto option for standing upright issues.
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:07 am

Rabbit Burner wrote:
Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:30 am
dice4hire wrote:
With all the trays, we need stuff to be coming out of the trays, half and quarter creatures and items galore
Ill use a more proven technology called gravity.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:30 am

dice4hire wrote:

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:16 am

pacarat wrote:
Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:19 pm
MrMorden wrote:

I took a bunch of suitable (dark age, medieval, fantasy, skellies) figures which are fairly flat (so they would work as prone) made some insta-mold press molds, used green stuff and/or super sculpy, popped them out, then did a bunch of mods to show effects of gravity, age, weathering, etc. In the bare bones skelly cases, I added some rags, random bits of this and that. I have two and four legged mods done - they work great for just about any period - tried to keep them generic and weaponless - so my PA, Pulp, or Fantasy games can benefit.
Pictures ? ........

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:26 pm

A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

pacarat
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by pacarat » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:19 pm

MrMorden wrote:

MrMorden
Ogre
Ogre

Post by MrMorden » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:49 pm

scott102303
Goblin
Goblin

Post by scott102303 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:47 pm

GODofwar wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 5:28 pm
Rabbit Burner wrote:
Mon Feb 18, 2019 7:39 am
Awesome setups as usual Oldent :)

The spilt ale and childs toy are standouts - nice job.

But back on topic - clearly there are enough bar patrons minis ;)

Would love to see modular minis where they are magnetised at the waist

So you would have two upper stances - fighting and casual
Then a number legs that allow running and sitting etc

You can also mix and match upper and lower halves for variation.

We would steer away from more modularity such as different arms heads etc - while not the worst idea we think these start to become fiddly and easy to lose.

Concur generally with Rabbit.

TLW
I'd be happy with two versions of the same figure - one sitting, one standing. Never liked having a fight with a sitting patron.

Return to “Kickstarter 6 Discussion”