Mini Kickstarter - Discussion, wants, suggestions, etc

Pizzabagel
Ogre
Ogre

Re: Mini Kickstarter - Discussion, wants, suggestions, etc

Post by Pizzabagel » Sat Aug 18, 2018 6:27 am

I could use a good gelatinous cube (with shiny prizes inside!).

Law
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Law » Sat Aug 18, 2018 5:37 am

Two things:
1) I would love to see those accessories surface in some new format - ideally a set of post accessories (featuring the gargoyles, the skull, maybe a few new things - that can go in the Shrine, the DoD corners, etc.). And also a set of magnetic accessories (the shelves, the dragon head, the crest, plus new stuff) now that magnetic dungeon and cavern walls will be proliferating. This is an awesome concept - we need more accessories to explore it.

2). Minis. Oy. Too many to list. I'd love more townsfolk, seated and prone minis, bc those are hard to come by. At the same time, I'd love more classic monsters, despite how many other places make them. I'd LOVE to see the old DF orcs done in Dwarvenite. I'd love an expansion to their lizard tribe. I'd love a basic party done three ways - first level, fifth level, ninth level. I'd love ogres and trolls and a non-diseased minotaur (though the fact that we're getting an infected one tells me DF has no interest in doing garden variety fantasy monsters).

JK - 123456
Goblin
Goblin

Post by JK - 123456 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:11 am

subtalon wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:58 am
I love the hero minis and the imp doom and the dungeon master. I hope they include all of them and more unique monsters of Valoria. I would also like a hard back lore book to go with each one maybe even some higher pledges for original art.
are you thinking like a stats card or something to tie in with the encounters.. that would be very cool and a good leader into the broader world and 'system' DF seem to be developing. Great Idea!

JK - 123456
Goblin
Goblin

Post by JK - 123456 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:09 am

William wrote:
Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:19 am
Love all the ideas, but especially the old SG minis and the posted things like gargoyles.
Great idea to boost the profit, by utilizing previously made molds. Good ideas. ;)
was mainly thinking we are a relatively small group of DF supporters (couple of 000's), it will be a great intro opportunity to bring others in and see DF as a legitimate miniatures manufacturer.. DF could draw inspiration from the structure of the bones KSs.. so maybe its not individual figures but bunches of common sense numbers i.e. single head croc and double head croc.. or set of 2 lion statues.. I'm just keen to see the same flexibility that was in Caverns deep but applied to minis.

when first getting into DF i used to really value the exclusive aspect of some stretch goals.. but is this the best for the 'sport'.. is a mold being used a fraction of its potential a good thing.. ultimately I think exclusive items are an ego thing.. actually shouldn't we be sharing these cool products with the world = more backers, longer commercial viability, etc. personally would like to be able to liberally give some of these figs to my other gaming mates.. there is no way they will buy a acid bath to get the croc.. but maybe they will lay down a couple hundred for a range of unique minis. It will be a much easier KS to share with general gamer and mini collectors.

I remember as a kid we used to go to the local corner store which had all the lollies under the glass counter top. we would take our hard earned pocket money and pick the right number of our favorite individual sweets... well the sad truth is that buying DF feels a bit like that... the wow and the special selection of just the right sets/minis.. all the shiny neat stuff.

subtalon
Orc
Orc

Post by subtalon » Sat Aug 18, 2018 1:58 am

I love the hero minis and the imp doom and the dungeon master. I hope they include all of them and more unique monsters of Valoria. I would also like a hard back lore book to go with each one maybe even some higher pledges for original art.

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:19 am

Love all the ideas, but especially the old SG minis and the posted things like gargoyles.
Great idea to boost the profit, by utilizing previously made molds. Good ideas. ;)
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

JK - 123456
Goblin
Goblin

Mini Kickstarter - Discussion, wants, suggestions, etc

Post by JK - 123456 » Sat Aug 18, 2018 12:13 am

Thought id get the ball rolling.... what do people want to see in the mini KS. (also not sure the best location for this thread)..

What would make it very appealing to me:

- includes previous DF mini lines (rock elemental, 2 head croc, etc.) yes some of these were stretch goals, but honestly I would never resent another person having access to cool gaming stuff even if the way I got it was through a particular SG. I think this is important element as there may be some who are keen to intro into DF via the mini route. Other KS mini campaigns usually give access to previous releases. it also makes sense to use the molds. DF may sell 10 times the number of figs it already has molds for. e.g. I'd buy 2 or 3 lion statues.

.- allows for individual purchase i.e. able to select the number of each type of mini (say 3 blink dogs or 10, if someone want 30 crocs - great lest see what they do with those). this supports the direction DF seems to be going - cherry pick and meet backers individual interests. It also means you don't end up with stuff you don't want (which is a waste in my view).

. volume deals e.g. 20, 50, 100/whatever.

.- includes the hard to get 'mini' elements like gargoyles, cauldrons, crows, heads on spikes (some of these may make sense to do in packs of 5-10). Things like the magnetic dragon heads out of CBS for example. these are great and I suspect many like me would order several more or a couple packs of 5.. but at the moment we'd have to buy 5 sets of the Magnetic Accessory Add-On Pack @ USD$45 + shipping.

.- offer the new ones (or even the old resin ones in metal (if possible)). I prefer metal minis but recognize it may not be DFs bag.

.- offer the option of simple packaging for international - I recently bought unpainted lizard men set (lovely btw) but they were packed in a really nice faux felt tray, this increases packing and shipping cost. Id be happy if thew were simply packed in bubble wrap or something (especially if ordering multiples of individual figures) - But I appreciate DF may have QC reasons and wanting to develop a standard level for the product lines.

.anyways, just suggestions. will be interesting to hear others thoughts on this.

Return to “Kickstarter 6 Discussion”