Everything We Want for KSVII - Continuation of Dreadhollow

Please choose desired 3 components for Dreadhollow Continuation (for KSVII - If DF goes this route)

Poll ended at Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:15 am

1) Autumn Themed & Conifers (swappable foliage tops)
9%
2) Swamp Themed Tiles
12%
3) Haunted Forest Tiles (ie - cemetary, dead and blighted trees, webbed, gallows, etc.)
8%
4) Elven Ruins and/or Elven treehouses (Or any ruins for that matter - overgrown stone arches & rubble)
19%
5) 6 x 6 or 12 x 12 open forest tiles to allow placement of scatter, buildings, clearings, etc.
12%
6) Farm field/edge of town tiles (burrows, sewer, trap themed tiles w/ inserts, etc.)
13%
7) Magnetic and nonmagnetic tree accessories
3%
8) Alternate Forest Trees (ie - Weirwood style or Tree Ents, etc. for players to stumble upon)
5%
9) Bodies of Water (River and pond/lake tiles)
14%
10) Tiles with inserts (ie. - burrows, pit & snare traps, maybe hidden sewer entrance/exit, etc)
5%

Total votes: 191

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Everything We Want for KSVII - Continuation of Dreadhollow

Post by GardenDM » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:14 pm

geekjeff wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:51 pm
Right, so people want DF to make everything - but above all, remember to keep the project SMALL this year....

...got it.
Glad you're following our logic. :twisted:
perfect.png
perfect.png (336.5 KiB) Viewed 1140 times

SpaceMonkey
Orc
Orc

Post by SpaceMonkey » Fri Nov 30, 2018 2:07 pm

Exactly

geekjeff
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by geekjeff » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:51 pm

Right, so people want DF to make everything - but above all, remember to keep the project SMALL this year....

...got it.

Valorian_Seneschal
Orc
Orc

Post by Valorian_Seneschal » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:05 pm

*takes notes furiously*
Nina, Valorian Seneschal

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GardenDM » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:04 pm

On the one hand, an Elven theme next year could save me a ton of money since I'm not really into that concept. OTOH, knowing the DF team, they'd probably make it awesome (METAL) and not at all standard LOTR elves (blech) and I'd have to buy a ton of it after all.

Personally, I would love Dreadhallow expansion, Swamp special theme for DH, moderate CBS expansion, and maybe a smidge of Castle enhancements.

kodiakbear
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kodiakbear » Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:59 am

Personally I would want CBS tree houses for a Robin Hood/Wood Elf style first and then grand Elven buildings next. I will get a lot more use out of more rural human and elf homes that big city stuff. KS3 and KS4 did a lot for a big city feel but I need more village and rural stuff for my game.

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Thu Nov 29, 2018 3:08 am

Mobius wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:31 pm
TheRealBigD801 wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:44 pm
I would be interested in a elven tree top little village type of setting. Think Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves. Or some sort of big forest fortress like Lothlórien. I am not sure if those would be doable because of scaling. The question was asked so answer was given.
I know a bunch of others are interesting in a tree-top Elven city, and I agree it would look amazing. My concern would be price (Tiles + large trees + buildings), and modularity.

I'd personally prefer some "foresty" Elven buildings similar to the ones in this KS:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pr ... and-demons

I think DF could do something along those lines that combines modular CBS-style Elven walls with tree trunk corner posts that could support Dreadhollow trees and leaves continuing above the buildings. There could be one general Elven roof (similar to the CBS Slate and Terra-Cotta roofs) and then 1 or 2 other specialty Elven roofs.
Cant we have both?

CBS style for your Rivendell or Silvanesti style High Elven city.

Dreadforest additions including BIG trees and tree houses and suspended walkways for your 'Wood' Elf Lothlorien or Qualinesti style city.
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

Mobius
Orc
Orc

Post by Mobius » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:31 pm

TheRealBigD801 wrote:
Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:44 pm
I would be interested in a elven tree top little village type of setting. Think Robin Hood, Prince of Thieves. Or some sort of big forest fortress like Lothlórien. I am not sure if those would be doable because of scaling. The question was asked so answer was given.
I know a bunch of others are interesting in a tree-top Elven city, and I agree it would look amazing. My concern would be price (Tiles + large trees + buildings), and modularity.

I'd personally prefer some "foresty" Elven buildings similar to the ones in this KS:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/pr ... and-demons

I think DF could do something along those lines that combines modular CBS-style Elven walls with tree trunk corner posts that could support Dreadhollow trees and leaves continuing above the buildings. There could be one general Elven roof (similar to the CBS Slate and Terra-Cotta roofs) and then 1 or 2 other specialty Elven roofs.

TheRealBigD801
Kobold
Kobold

Post by TheRealBigD801 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:44 pm

seeamanaboutadog
Goblin
Goblin

Post by seeamanaboutadog » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:20 pm

I have the Games Workshop set as well as some Thomarillian crypts that complement it nicely. There are plenty of head stones quite easy to source as well. Unfortunately many producers of crypt/grave architecture make use of Christian iconography i.e. crucifixes, in the mix which I will not use. Crosses (pardon the pun) the line between fantasy and the real world architecture. Its a bugbear thing of mine....
One style of grave architecture that is very hard to find is cairns, dolmens, fogou's and barrows, the West Kennet Long Barrow comes to mind. More ancient stuff. Fogou miniatures in Cornwall have done one but I have found little else out there.
On this theme, I was hoping that the Dreadhollow embankments could come out in a small set of cave entrance options beyond the tree draped one we have coming. As well as any natural entrances you could have a tunnel or dug out opening. This way you could also use them as tombs with the old stone roller door in front....
just my thoughts...
AKA Lughtegern Lord Of Mice.

Return to “Kickstarter 6 Discussion”