What add-ons in the PM have you committed to?

Swiftbrook
Goblin
Goblin

Re: What add-ons in the PM have you committed to?

Post by Swiftbrook » Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:15 pm

SpaceMonkey wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:45 pm
Actually AE1-3 does have the passage intersection.

The essentials sets include a special Passage Transition pack that is not part of any encounter.

It includes a Widening Passage and Passage Intersection piece, as well as an Arch Topper.
Yep. I read his comment wrong. I read it as "Why does Universal Pack 1-3 not have a Passage intersection which is in Core 3?"

That is what I have been wondering.

SpaceMonkey
Orc
Orc

Post by SpaceMonkey » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:45 pm

Actually AE1-3 does have the passage intersection.

The essentials sets include a special Passage Transition pack that is not part of any encounter.

It includes a Widening Passage and Passage Intersection piece, as well as an Arch Topper.

Swiftbrook
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Swiftbrook » Mon Oct 15, 2018 4:33 pm

Deleted because I miss read the post and had a dumb answer. :(
Last edited by Swiftbrook on Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Law
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Law » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:55 pm

kitenerd wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:20 am
look at Core 1 + 2 vs Essentials 1-3
or 2 starters and crooked caverns plus passages
more basics with these configs

Why does Essentials 1-3 not have a Passage intersection which is in Core 3?

Agree you need more bread and butter (KS2 restock possible for this) bridges take a LOT of real estate (erinthor mountains!)
I asked about this repeatedly during the campaign, I found the names extremely confusing. The universal sets don’t include everything the core sets do - I thought the whole point was just to avoid duplicates, not actually skip certain pieces entirely.

I like the concept behind core v essentials v universal but I think the execution was messy and confusing.

gwhansen
Goblin
Goblin

Post by gwhansen » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:00 pm

Kitenerd, good catch on that passage intersection piece as I didn't notice that. If I stretch my budget a little I could do the cavern entrance and full encounters 2 & 3. Lose the floor pack and keep everything else. Looks like that would give me a few more walls and corners. Then pick up some KS2 restock in the meantime

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Mon Oct 15, 2018 11:20 am

look at Core 1 + 2 vs Essentials 1-3
or 2 starters and crooked caverns plus passages
more basics with these configs

Why does Essentials 1-3 not have a Passage intersection which is in Core 3?

Agree you need more bread and butter (KS2 restock possible for this) bridges take a LOT of real estate (erinthor mountains!)
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

Rhizom
Orc
Orc

Post by Rhizom » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:14 am

I think with just essentials 1-3 and a floor pack, banks, bridge and negative space you will cover a lot of floor but will be lacking walls and corners.

If I were you I would leave the floor pack away and buy some basic KS2 caverns instead. Don't underestimate the versatility of those very basic pieces.
Rhizom, Creeping Rootstalks of Valoria

gwhansen
Goblin
Goblin

Post by gwhansen » Sun Oct 14, 2018 4:14 pm

The Hazards variety are my choice for trays, as the key is the variety part of it. I can imagine that in one caverns game session a bottomless pit and the next session quicksand or cave water etc... I am still trying to figure out a 'new to caverns' pledge with a meager $750 budget (I have erinthor mountains and a good bit of DOD). All painted is looking like essentials 1-3 plus floor pack, dungeon ruins, camp pack, suspension bridge, natural bridge, banks, hazard trays and adventure packs 5. That would be approx.$742(shipped). Any suggestions are welcome

zenako
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by zenako » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:37 am

That would be a SKU and stocking nightmare for a choose your own option so I suspect the chances of that happening in the context of the PM are basically zero. However, they are offering single trays in the store from DoD and if they have enough interest, they could be convinced for some store-level price bundling I would think. 1 for 20, 2 for 35, 3 for 48, etc. Then you have to pick from available stock to fill out the order. The stock picking screen would just grab entries from the stock of solo trays being offered. A little complicated, but perhaps a good way to move more product.

Glendel
Orc
Orc

Post by Glendel » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:03 am

Hard choice on trays. The new 12x12 pack seems like a direction I might go. I would rather have 12s vs the smaller size ones. I don't want to be a stickler but it would be AWESOME if they made the new $66 pack a pick and chose. Any 5 trays for that price. If they did that I would get 2 maybe 3 packs. Wonder if there is any chance of that? Think it is something they could pull off in the PM?

Return to “Kickstarter 6 Discussion”