Deluxe Caverns Deep!

aggothard
Goblin
Goblin

Re: Deluxe Caverns Deep!

Post by aggothard » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:55 pm

Thanks! I think that’s a great idea. I really love what they did with the ice caverns this kick starter. You might want to consider adding a couple of ice terrain trays if you want to expand your footprint. If you throw an ice banks pack in with the pieces you mentioned already, they will blend the train trays really well.

Harneloot
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Harneloot » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:46 pm

Awesome pledge aggothard! I like the additional Ice sets and am thinking along the same lines myself in adding more ice floors and an Ice Starter set.

aggothard
Goblin
Goblin

Post by aggothard » Thu Nov 15, 2018 5:39 pm

In addition to DCD I have added on:
2x Forest Scatter Terrain
6x Forest Transition Banks
2x Camp Packs
1x Natural Bridge in Caverns
3x Forest Terrain Tray Packs
1x Ice Catacomb Terrain Tray pack
1x Dwarven Forge
1x Water Transition Pack
1x Suspension Bridge Pack
1x Dock Pack
1x Rowboat Pack
2x Quicksand TT Multi-Pack
2x Quicksand TT 12x12
1x Short Stilts
1x Stilt Pack
1x Tiny Treasure Trove
3x Tree Variety Pack
1x escarpment Pack
1x Escarpment corners pack
1x Cave mouth Pack
1x dungeon ruin pack
1x mimic Pack
1x Ice starter pack
1x Ice floors pack
1x Ice walls Pack
1x Ice banks pack
1x Ice stalagmite pack
1x Ice trifecta Pack
1x Ice passages pack

That puts me at $8502 USD including shipping. My Main goal was to expand the Dreadhollow forest and ice cavern foot prints and then add extras of the cool pieces that I think will have a lot of build versatility like boat, bridge, docks, dressing pieces, etc. I wanted to add some more underdoom packs but I had to draw the line somewhere. Can’t wait until next summer!
Last edited by aggothard on Fri Nov 16, 2018 6:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Glendel
Orc
Orc

Post by Glendel » Sat Oct 20, 2018 5:30 pm

Right at what I am doing so this is easy in my view.

3 starter caverns - Ice (expand that ice so you can do large encounters of just ice)
2 starter caverns - underdoom (nice amount of pieces in underdoom and crystal but need more flexibility)
3x forest terrain tray packs
2x multi terrain tray 12 x 12 packs
6x forest transition banks
1x escarpment pack
2x tree variety pack
2x forest scatter terrain
2x tiny treasure trove (just me on this one)

That puts it up to about 1300 add ons if you get painted. After that it should really be a personal choice on you. Only you know what you already have and what you lack. And only you know what you think is important for how you play or build.

Such as I want a lot of build possibilities for forest. So I am going a lot in that direction.

promind
Goblin
Goblin

Post by promind » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:44 pm

DwarvenKnight wrote:
Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:15 pm
Encounter 12 - 14 have the option of ice & underdoom / standard (gray) caverns. Is this standard (gray) caverns the same as the other caverns in this kickstarter or the previous cavern kickstarter? This kickstarter looks more brown than gray so I'm a little confused because they are specifically adding gray in brackets.
The standard color just looks brown due to the stylized lighting... if you check out the video with the old and new caverns pieces they match very well

DwarvenKnight

Post by DwarvenKnight » Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:15 pm

Encounter 12 - 14 have the option of ice & underdoom / standard (gray) caverns. Is this standard (gray) caverns the same as the other caverns in this kickstarter or the previous cavern kickstarter? This kickstarter looks more brown than gray so I'm a little confused because they are specifically adding gray in brackets.

zenako
Ogre
Ogre

Post by zenako » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:48 am

I would focus on expanding your options with the forest and add a number of the packs such as a few of the forest banks, perhaps some more escarpments, and more floor tiles of your choice. Then as other mentioned, more cavern floor tiles to augment builds and give you more flexibility for expansive locations for encounters. I know it is always more fun for players to have larger rooms for encounters since that opens more tactical options for them, and gives you more tactical options as the GM as well.

If you think you want more ICE or Underdoom themed features, I would get them now, since future supply might be limited or hard to get when you want it. General cavern tiles will probably always be available in some form on the shop offerings and in my experience stuff in the shop shows up within a few days when you need it. So this is all a way to mention getting stuff now, that you might want in the future, but may not be stocked regularly.

unclebilly
Ogre
Ogre

Post by unclebilly » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:22 am

Thanks for the tips so far keep them coming. Yea I am good on normal floors I went in heavy with KS II also.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:48 pm

I would second the floor packs. This whole KS is narrow and twisty. If you want to do more than that floor packs are a must. Maybe you have enough from KSII though.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

SpaceMonkey
Orc
Orc

Post by SpaceMonkey » Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:34 pm

Both ice and under doom floor packs would be good to give you more building options. Same with starter packs or passage packs in those paint schemes. Cavern paint natural bridge.

Forest banks (lots), more scatter stumps and trees and/or forest tiles and/or forest terrain trays.

Maybe more cave cliffs in cavern paint (and/or the other 2 schemes) for more elevation options. Same with stone banks. Maybe trifectas for more edge pieces and/or walls and corners in any paint scheme I’d feel I want to build out some more.

2-3 more camp packs. A second boat for a second dragon pole and to make a longer boat plus a wreck at the same time. Second dock pack if you want a small harbor. Second ruins pack because ruins.

Lots and lots of possibilities. All depends on your wants, needs and imagination.