Kickstarter 7 teaser?

zenako
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Kickstarter 7 teaser?

Post by zenako » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:53 pm

The other thing they could do, with KS7 is cut down on how long they hold the PM open. Start the KS later, but also close the PM sooner and they could be close to the same schedule. Also with all the restocks they have planned, they might have shifted the expectations and agreements with their factory.

RisingSeraph
Orc
Orc

Post by RisingSeraph » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:55 am

Elizb01 wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:30 pm
dice4hire wrote:Conspiracy theory time>>>>> No KS7 hints as they know KS6 is very late so KS7 is too far off in the future??????
Ha! :D Hopefully not - I'm really looking forward to seeing all my cavern stuff! However, considering everything they do (just as a small company to keep running) and the enormous size of the recent kickstarters, I would not be surprised if the next Kickstarter happened a tiny bit later - just to give everyone on the DF team a bit more time to get everything lined up. I don't know that anyone in the office gets to sleep in the month before, during, or after kickstarter. Only DF can tell us...
I'd actually be okay with KS7 being a 'bit' later - more time to save to have more for it.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:36 am

DF seems unlikely to change at this point.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Arbados
Orc
Orc

Post by Arbados » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:28 am

As for a behind the scene, somewhat quiet backer I'd love to get some information on KS7! Any hint builds excitement as well as more postings on the boards and social media. I know they do great on their KS'ers without the need to do this but imagine if they operated more strategically and used social media to its fullest effect where they'd be. HMMM?

John D
Orc
Orc

Post by John D » Tue Mar 19, 2019 1:04 am

I concur. I think AnimeSensei nailed it.

kodiakbear
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kodiakbear » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:45 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:20 pm
Yeah, it seems we're back to the radio silence/secrecy. I don't understand why, as we pushed for more beans for years, finally got them with Caverns Deep, and the KS was the best performing they've ever had. Secrecy diminishes excitement.
I agree, but I remember the early KS5 bean of ruin columns that never made it to KS5 or KS6. They may want to make sure they do not do that again.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:20 pm

Yeah, it seems we're back to the radio silence/secrecy. I don't understand why, as we pushed for more beans for years, finally got them with Caverns Deep, and the KS was the best performing they've ever had. Secrecy diminishes excitement. Even Marvel has trailers and lets some things slip, all the while swearing secrecy. They understand you need to whet the appetite or people lose interest/spend money elsewhere.
102 Resin and 232 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Vegomatic » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:00 pm

As i recall... They can't run too much later or they may lose their production slot at the factory. At least that was what someone on staff said last year (maybe Nate or GeekJeff?). That was why they started ks6 before everything ks5 had been shipped.

Elizb01
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Elizb01 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:30 pm

dice4hire wrote:Conspiracy theory time>>>>> No KS7 hints as they know KS6 is very late so KS7 is too far off in the future??????
Ha! :D Hopefully not - I'm really looking forward to seeing all my cavern stuff! However, considering everything they do (just as a small company to keep running) and the enormous size of the recent kickstarters, I would not be surprised if the next Kickstarter happened a tiny bit later - just to give everyone on the DF team a bit more time to get everything lined up. I don't know that anyone in the office gets to sleep in the month before, during, or after kickstarter. Only DF can tell us...

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:09 pm

Conspiracy theory time>>>>> No KS7 hints as they know KS6 is very late so KS7 is too far off in the future??????
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Return to “Pre-Kickstarter 6.66 Discussion”