Kickstarter 6.66

Gargs454
Orc
Orc

Re: Kickstarter 6.66

Post by Gargs454 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:40 am

One potential nice thing for CBS interiors being "small" is that it actually does provide a nice change of pace to the typical RPG group. Its certainly true in my experience anyway, that interiors in RPGs tend to be . . . unrealistically large. Providing a cramped interior can make for an interesting challenge for some players. Rogue can't flank, animal companions have a harder time getting in, etc. Wouldn't necessarily want to do it all the time of course, but could be fun for a change of pace.

But yes, DoD, KS1 work great for interiors as well. As for KS 6.66, right now, that is piquing my interest more than KS7. Having not seen much in the way of previews for KS7, I can't say as I'm terribly excited about it, but of course that could all change rapidly. :)

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:07 am

Very different strokes it seems!!!!!!
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

period3
Orc
Orc

Post by period3 » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:02 am

dice4hire wrote:
Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:17 am
I do not worry much about CBS and interiors. I have KSI for interiors. I do use CBS for some interiors, but not for detailed stuff, just run in and out kind of stuff.
Hmm, I use cbs only for interiors.. I don't own any ks1 and only very little of ks5. I don't like that the ks1,5 scale doesn't match the streets. I like the peg system much better than the ks4 magnets.

Cbs as is not varied enough for a convincing city exterior. But for interiors it isn't bad. Yes it is very square, but as rabbit noted most interiors are square anyway. 45 degree and round walls would be nice future additions.

Oldent
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Oldent » Tue Apr 30, 2019 7:23 am

I have the resin Inn sets for interiors. I like the new tab walls too.

I do not like the City Builder peg corners. I do not plan to ever get any. But to be fair I had too much MBA to need any.
The same with Castles. I have a lot of the old Game Work shop foam castles, Mighty Fortress, from the 80s. I will have storage issues when the MBA Lake Town arrives. I will not have room to store the boxes separately so none will be on display.

I like the Castle small tower roofs so I cherry pick the store. Removing the roofs is too much trouble. They require additional storage space and the interiors are too small.

The owner of MBA uses the resin Inns for interiors too.
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Tue Apr 30, 2019 6:17 am

I do not worry much about CBS and interiors. I have KSI for interiors. I do use CBS for some interiors, but not for detailed stuff, just run in and out kind of stuff.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Tue Apr 30, 2019 4:40 am

If Dreadhollow had become KS 6.5 then we dont think we would have got more but we would have probably got some more caverns in CD, as it was, we only got some overground scatter terrain.
icestormganon wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:52 pm
I actually went for the Dreadhollow, but I would have likely got some extra stuff for it if it had been stand alone.

I wish I had known about DF when city builder was a KS, however, from the pieces I've been able to pick up from the web store, I can get why you would hold off. The houses look great from the outside but it seems to difficult to me to make decent interiors that aren't just square rooms. I kind of hope that's expanded at some point.

I'm also still hoping they'll make a Dwarven and/or Drow city builder down the line. Maybe with KS7 they'll have some Elf tree houses or something going.
We got on board the DF train at the CBS station, as a wargamer City Builder was very appealing and did not worry too much about the interiors.

We have seen comments about their squareness and lack of space inside. What we find interesting is that most houses we see from the outside are generally rectangular, not necessarily square but pretty close.
Internally they tend not to be just square rooms, but do generally have right angled walls.

Lack of space inside for gameplay especially with furniture etc is a problem with any scale models. For gaming you need a lot more space to move models around than there would be in the real world.

So Cities and castles and any other overground building is going to have the same issue where to keep the scale realistic from an external point of view makes the interiors almost unusable due to fat fingers and mini bases.

We believe some DooFers have separate builds for external and internal play.

Would love to an advanced builder set for CBS to create non square buildings and therefore some non square interiors.
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

icestormganon
Kobold
Kobold

Post by icestormganon » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:52 pm

I actually went for the Dreadhollow, but I would have likely got some extra stuff for it if it had been stand alone.

I wish I had known about DF when city builder was a KS, however, from the pieces I've been able to pick up from the web store, I can get why you would hold off. The houses look great from the outside but it seems to difficult to me to make decent interiors that aren't just square rooms. I kind of hope that's expanded at some point.

I'm also still hoping they'll make a Dwarven and/or Drow city builder down the line. Maybe with KS7 they'll have some Elf tree houses or something going.

Oldent
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Oldent » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:26 pm

Szath01 wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:14 pm
@Oldent

I like the way the gallery glass looks as paint enough to pick up the assortment pack. I have a bunch of clear plastic for the LED effects that need this type of coloring. Thanks for demoing!
Thanks for the question :!: I would not have tried to use it as paint if you had not asked. ;)

Oldent
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Oldent » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:23 pm

If dreadhollow had been a stand alone I would have probably got a set. The burrows did not interest me.

I may go back and fill in what I missed but hard plastic trees is not any where near the top of my wish list. If I wanted swamps I would have made them years a go. I also skipped castles and city builder for the most part. I picked up sewers, mountains, and streets.

Szath01
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Szath01 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:14 pm

@Oldent

I like the way the gallery glass looks as paint enough to pick up the assortment pack. I have a bunch of clear plastic for the LED effects that need this type of coloring. Thanks for demoing!

Return to “Pre-Kickstarter 6.66 Discussion”