KS6 pieces that you hope are in KS 6.66

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: KS6 pieces that you hope are in KS 6.66

Post by dice4hire » Sun Jun 09, 2019 6:12 pm

Aaaaaannnd the countdown timer is now live ......
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

blakoutsun
Goblin
Goblin

Post by blakoutsun » Sun Jun 09, 2019 5:28 pm

kitenerd wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:15 pm

No worries - there will be a separate smaller minis Kickstarter in late 2018 or early 2019
Late 2018 can't come soon enough!

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Sun Jun 09, 2019 4:30 pm

kitenerd wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:15 pm
blakoutsun wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:04 pm
I thought of three more pieces I'd like to see in KS6.66: Zaltar, Doom, and Beanslayer minis. They could be stretch goals or part of a pack of minis. I will buy them, just let me know where to send the money.
No worries - there will be a separate smaller minis Kickstarter in late 2018 or early 2019
Where is that from? I have not heard anything of the minis KS in months.

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Sun Jun 09, 2019 2:15 pm

blakoutsun wrote:
Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:04 pm
I thought of three more pieces I'd like to see in KS6.66: Zaltar, Doom, and Beanslayer minis. They could be stretch goals or part of a pack of minis. I will buy them, just let me know where to send the money.
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

blakoutsun
Goblin
Goblin

Post by blakoutsun » Sun Jun 09, 2019 12:04 pm

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Sun May 26, 2019 4:22 pm

We always saw Hellscape as underground (Indoor) even though we are looking for overground (outdoor)

If DF had abandoned the underground scale during KS3 or KS4 there would have been a lot of backers that would have lost their collective $*%t.
There was enough fallout when the second scale was revealed, imagine if they abandoned it!

Totally agree DF should own it with Awesome funky names and catchy themetunes.
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Fri May 24, 2019 4:59 pm

Yeah, find a cool name for each scale and put it out prominently.

hunter_something
Orc
Orc

Post by hunter_something » Fri May 24, 2019 2:25 pm

GardenDM wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 11:16 am
Also, just an idea, but I think DF should just "embrace the suck" and own the two different scales.

Publish a scale code ("Outdoors" or "Underground") on each set (probably an icon) so that buyers can clearly know what they're getting. And post videos and articles showing the difference and how compatibility between sets is still excellent.

Some here might disagree with me on this, but I also don't think it would be unreasonable to explain it like this.
Our underground scale was developed first and while it was well suited for the organic shapes found in dungeons and caverns, we realized we needed more precision for the complex builds of cities and castles. We didn't want to break compatibility for new underground sets, so we kept that as our "Underground" scale as we rolled out our "Outdoors" scale for Cities (and their sewers), Castles, and most recently Dreadhallow Forest.

While the difference in scale is minor and many of our fans report great success mixing freely between sets, we know not everyone builds in the same way and have marked all of our sets with a scale indicator so you can decide what combinations work for you.

If you want to learn more, check out the following articles and videos that explain the scale differences, our manufacturing process, and show a wide variety of set types being used together.

Love,

Your Friends at Dwarven Forge

- Link to article showing exact scale measurements
- Link to article showing development and manufacturing process differences
- Link to article with photos and videos showing all the great ways the sets intermix
Agreed, whole heartedly!

blakoutsun
Goblin
Goblin

Post by blakoutsun » Fri May 24, 2019 1:20 pm

GardenDM wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 11:16 am
Also, just an idea, but I think DF should just "embrace the suck" and own the two different scales.

Publish a scale code ("Outdoors" or "Underground") on each set (probably an icon) so that buyers can clearly know what they're getting. And post videos and articles showing the difference and how compatibility between sets is still excellent.

Some here might disagree with me on this, but I also don't think it would be unreasonable to explain it like this.
Our underground scale was developed first and while it was well suited for the organic shapes found in dungeons and caverns, we realized we needed more precision for the complex builds of cities and castles. We didn't want to break compatibility for new underground sets, so we kept that as our "Underground" scale as we rolled out our "Outdoors" scale for Cities (and their sewers), Castles, and most recently Dreadhallow Forest.

While the difference in scale is minor and many of our fans report great success mixing freely between sets, we know not everyone builds in the same way and have marked all of our sets with a scale indicator so you can decide what combinations work for you.

If you want to learn more, check out the following articles and videos that explain the scale differences, our manufacturing process, and show a wide variety of set types being used together.

Love,

Your Friends at Dwarven Forge

- Link to article showing exact scale measurements
- Link to article showing development and manufacturing process differences
- Link to article with photos and videos showing all the great ways the sets intermix
I think this is a great idea. It isn't obvious that there are two scales and the only way to figure it out is from the forums or through purchase. I would love to see some tips on best practices for matching/merging the two scales.

Pizzabagel
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Pizzabagel » Fri May 24, 2019 11:33 am

+1 for scatter terrain that can be used with lava/cavern stone terrain trays.

Return to “Pre-Kickstarter 6.66 Discussion”