KS6 pieces that you hope are in KS 6.66

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: KS6 pieces that you hope are in KS 6.66

Post by GardenDM » Fri May 24, 2019 11:16 am

Also, just an idea, but I think DF should just "embrace the suck" and own the two different scales.

Publish a scale code ("Outdoors" or "Underground") on each set (probably an icon) so that buyers can clearly know what they're getting. And post videos and articles showing the difference and how compatibility between sets is still excellent.

Some here might disagree with me on this, but I also don't think it would be unreasonable to explain it like this.
Our underground scale was developed first and while it was well suited for the organic shapes found in dungeons and caverns, we realized we needed more precision for the complex builds of cities and castles. We didn't want to break compatibility for new underground sets, so we kept that as our "Underground" scale as we rolled out our "Outdoors" scale for Cities (and their sewers), Castles, and most recently Dreadhallow Forest.

While the difference in scale is minor and many of our fans report great success mixing freely between sets, we know not everyone builds in the same way and have marked all of our sets with a scale indicator so you can decide what combinations work for you.

If you want to learn more, check out the following articles and videos that explain the scale differences, our manufacturing process, and show a wide variety of set types being used together.

Love,

Your Friends at Dwarven Forge

- Link to article showing exact scale measurements
- Link to article showing development and manufacturing process differences
- Link to article with photos and videos showing all the great ways the sets intermix

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GardenDM » Fri May 24, 2019 11:06 am

geekjeff wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 9:00 am
GardenDM wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 11:57 pm
Talistran wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 9:21 pm

Did they ever tell us which scale Dreadhallow Forest was going to be in? Cavern or Outdoor?

Man, I really dislike the two scales. What a mess.
Good point. I've got Dreadhallow firmly anchored in my mind as "outdoor scale", but I don't know if that's just an assumption or something that was confirmed at some point.
It was confirmed during the Kickstarter that Dreadhollow is Outdoor/True Inch scale to match Erinthor, City Builder, etc.

Hellscape is considered an extension of the KS6 Caverns, and indeed shares a bunch of molds using the new Lava paint scheme. So it will be Legacy/50mm tile scale. 4x4 square tiles being 100mm.
Thank you for confirming, this is very helpful!

I'll got sit in the corner now and eat my hat (RE - my claim that 6.66 looked outdoorsy).

Calsial
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Calsial » Fri May 24, 2019 9:16 am

I'd love to see Driftstones make a return. I feel they would really be a theme appropriate addition to a broken hellscape!

geekjeff
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by geekjeff » Fri May 24, 2019 9:00 am

GardenDM wrote:
Talistran wrote:
GardenDM wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 5:21 pm
I'm open to having my mind changed, but it feels like DF is positioning this as an outdoors setting, not underground.

If I'm reading that correctly, does it make sense to have a lava repaint of the Starter set from KS6 and other stuff that's strictly caverns? I hesitate to even mention it, but there would likely be a scale issue as well if this is the case...
Did they ever tell us which scale Dreadhallow Forest was going to be in? Cavern or Outdoor?

Good point. I've got Dreadhallow firmly anchored in my mind as "outdoor scale", but I don't know if that's just an assumption or something that was confirmed at some point.
It was confirmed during the Kickstarter that Dreadhollow is Outdoor/True Inch scale to match Erinthor, City Builder, etc.

Hellscape is considered an extension of the KS6 Caverns, and indeed shares a bunch of molds using the new Lava paint scheme. So it will be Legacy/50mm tile scale. 4x4 square tiles being 100mm.

Talistran
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Talistran » Fri May 24, 2019 2:36 am

dice4hire wrote:
Fri May 24, 2019 1:19 am
GardenDM wrote:
Talistran wrote:

Dreadhollow had better match my cities and mountains. I am sure it will though. DF seems set on the two scales now and careful of them. Man, I wish they had just said caverns and KSI were wrong and from KSIII on just used one scale.
Yep, I would have gladly sold all of my KS1 and KS2 crap to get rid of the freacking two scale BS.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Fri May 24, 2019 1:19 am

GardenDM wrote:
Talistran wrote:
GardenDM wrote:
I'm open to having my mind changed, but it feels like DF is positioning this as an outdoors setting, not underground.

If I'm reading that correctly, does it make sense to have a lava repaint of the Starter set from KS6 and other stuff that's strictly caverns? I hesitate to even mention it, but there would likely be a scale issue as well if this is the case...

Dreadhollow had better match my cities and mountains. I am sure it will though. DF seems set on the two scales now and careful of them. Man, I wish they had just said caverns and KSI were wrong and from KSIII on just used one scale.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GardenDM » Thu May 23, 2019 11:57 pm

Talistran wrote:
GardenDM wrote:

Talistran
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Talistran » Thu May 23, 2019 9:21 pm

GardenDM wrote:

Oldent
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Oldent » Thu May 23, 2019 6:29 pm

realarete wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 6:13 pm
GardenDM wrote:
I was thinking it was out door-ish as well ... maybe Im wrong..

So will there be a Hellscape Tower? :o :o :o
My mind Hellscape was like in Hell :lol: A friend pointed out it would make a cool Volcano Planet for Star Wars.

I like the idea of some holes and some negative space transitions like the banks.
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

realarete
Orc
Orc

Post by realarete » Thu May 23, 2019 6:13 pm

GardenDM wrote:
I was thinking it was out door-ish as well ... maybe Im wrong..

So will there be a Hellscape Tower? :o :o :o

Return to “Pre-Kickstarter 6.66 Discussion”