Ruins, cont.

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Ruins, cont.

Post by Rabbit Burner » Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:12 am

dice4hire wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:16 am
DF is making more and more large pieces. More set-piece ruins would be welcome.
Cant go wrong with ruins - set piece, unique, possibly less modular ruins would sell.
Really liked in CBS and Castles the fact you could build complete and then ruin it :)

Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:16 am

DF is making more and more large pieces. More set-piece ruins would be welcome.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

combs1ng
Orc
Orc

Post by combs1ng » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:20 am

93x74R wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:22 pm
combs1ng wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:21 pm
Definitely a ruined small church or abbey (many have already said temple) but I really want it to be overgrown and entwined within the forest setting. I would love a large - thinking 12" x 12" forest tile with modular ruined/overgrown tombstones or wooden crosses to represent a cemetery in the middle of the forest! Also, a few modular huts or thatch roofed buildings that could be placed anywhere.
The key is 'within the forest setting '. I have a ruined Acropolis now and a bunch of nice GW trees, the type of stuff most 28mm wargamers have, but what would attract my dollars would be something that fully integrates new and existing ruins with the woods. Especially if it allows some of the dungeon pieces to be transformed into surface terrain.
Agreed! I really think the ruined, overgrown church (gothic style with cast stone windows and no roof for utility reasons) and also the 12x12 forest cemetery are gold and DF would sell an insane amount of them.
"The price of wisdom is eternal thought." - Frank Birch

93x74R
Orc
Orc

Post by 93x74R » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:22 pm

combs1ng wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:21 pm
Definitely a ruined small church or abbey (many have already said temple) but I really want it to be overgrown and entwined within the forest setting. I would love a large - thinking 12" x 12" forest tile with modular ruined/overgrown tombstones or wooden crosses to represent a cemetery in the middle of the forest! Also, a few modular huts or thatch roofed buildings that could be placed anywhere.
The key is 'within the forest setting '. I have a ruined Acropolis now and a bunch of nice GW trees, the type of stuff most 28mm wargamers have, but what would attract my dollars would be something that fully integrates new and existing ruins with the woods. Especially if it allows some of the dungeon pieces to be transformed into surface terrain.

combs1ng
Orc
Orc

Post by combs1ng » Wed Jun 19, 2019 3:21 pm

"The price of wisdom is eternal thought." - Frank Birch

93x74R
Orc
Orc

Post by 93x74R » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:09 am

Vegomatic wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:35 am

KS7 is to be called "The Wildlands" Presumably outdoor theme(s).

There are rumors but no actual beans. An example is that a while back Stefan mentioned city builder interiors in a post somewhere. More recently he has mentioned new trees.

Speculation of swamps, deserts, trails, shacks, tree houses, abandoned homesteads, farmlands/gardens, elven abodes, ruins, variations in types and coloration of trees and other plant things, and, and, and...

I think that catches you up. You now know as much as we do. :lol:

Welcome back!
Thanks much! Now I just have to get saving up funds.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:15 am

The only people who know more cannot talk about it. I agree with everything Vegomatic said.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Vegomatic » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:35 am

93x74R wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:11 pm
I have been off the board for over a year. Are ruins just a rumor for KS7 or is there some sort of confirmation? My, probably flawed, understanding was that was that 7 was going to be a bunch more surface terrain with lots of elevation. Is this correct? I am anxiously awaiting the Dungeon Ruins Pack from 6 which is really just stuff that was sculpted for 5 but did not make it in that one. I plan to use it for above ground ruins as much as subterranean.
KS7 is to be called "The Wildlands" Presumably outdoor theme(s).

There are rumors but no actual beans. An example is that a while back Stefan mentioned city builder interiors in a post somewhere. More recently he has mentioned new trees.

Speculation of swamps, deserts, trails, shacks, tree houses, abandoned homesteads, farmlands/gardens, elven abodes, ruins, variations in types and coloration of trees and other plant things, and, and, and...

I think that catches you up. You now know as much as we do. :lol:

Welcome back!

93x74R
Orc
Orc

Post by 93x74R » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:11 pm

I have been off the board for over a year. Are ruins just a rumor for KS7 or is there some sort of confirmation? My, probably flawed, understanding was that was that 7 was going to be a bunch more surface terrain with lots of elevation. Is this correct? I am anxiously awaiting the Dungeon Ruins Pack from 6 which is really just stuff that was sculpted for 5 but did not make it in that one. I plan to use it for above ground ruins as much as subterranean.

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Thu May 30, 2019 2:59 am

Seraphis the Bland wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 12:32 am
Rabbit Burner wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 3:49 am

Now that's what I'm talking about! Were those castle ruins in a previous DF Kickstarter? Really, I'd be happy with a smidgen of this and a smidgen of that. A few broken walls, some broken corners, a window space, a broken rounded tower, and lots and lots of piles of rubble. That was one thing that was seriously missing from the CD campaign- where are my hazards? my rock slides? my cave-ins?
Zanako- also very nice builds. I also don't have the space for layers, but what a great concept.
Apologies StB missed the question :(

The castle ruins were in the KS4 Castles and are available in store now :)

https://shop.dwarvenforge.com/collectio ... er-painted

https://shop.dwarvenforge.com/collectio ... ll-painted
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

Return to “Pre-Kickstarter 7 Discussion”