Ruins, cont.

Seraphis the Bland
Orc
Orc

Re: Ruins, cont.

Post by Seraphis the Bland » Sat May 04, 2019 1:43 am

kodiakbear wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 1:49 am
Ruined dungeon floor tiles 2x2 in half. I like my KS5 ledges but I want something for dungeons like the two KS2 chasm peices that fit together. I have used the chasm peices fit together as a cracked cavern floor and only one time did the cavern floor cave in under the party, but that was enough to make the players cautious from then on. I want to have cracked dungeon floor tiles so the party can worry about falling through the floor when ever I use them.

I say yes to the ruined columns that never saw the light of day from KS5.

As for a ruined bridge, that would be great but you can make one by sticking KS5 ledges to the ends of the bridge.
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=8956&hilit=adventu ... y&start=30

But more ruins would be great.
I love that mod. I'm going to do that. Thanks for posting it.

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GardenDM » Fri May 03, 2019 12:30 pm

jazzman wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 10:55 am
GardenDM wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 10:16 am
Seraphis the Bland wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 12:53 am
So if KS7 was going to have ruins, what would you like to see? Myself, I'd like to see a ruined bridge, ruined temple, some of the ruined columns that never saw the light of day from KS5, maybe some ruined castle crenelations, and portcullis bars that fit the KS5 double doorway (OK, maybe this one isn't in RUINS, but it would be very nice to have; maybe a ruined version too?). Elucidate your mind.
Ooooh, my mind combined the two: "ruined" portcullis bars. I.e. the portcullis insert with the bars bent apart wide enough for something to have passed through. Adds some tension to what might lie ahead.
Boil the KS5 bars and stick a dowel in between. Drop in ice water.
Ha! Obvious in hindsight and brilliant! :D

jazzman
Orc
Orc

Post by jazzman » Fri May 03, 2019 10:55 am

GardenDM wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 10:16 am
So if KS7 was going to have ruins, what would you like to see? Myself, I'd like to see a ruined bridge, ruined temple, some of the ruined columns that never saw the light of day from KS5, maybe some ruined castle crenelations, and portcullis bars that fit the KS5 double doorway (OK, maybe this one isn't in RUINS, but it would be very nice to have; maybe a ruined version too?). Elucidate your mind.
Ooooh, my mind combined the two: "ruined" portcullis bars. I.e. the portcullis insert with the bars bent apart wide enough for something to have passed through. Adds some tension to what might lie ahead.
Boil the KS5 bars and stick a dowel in between. Drop in ice water.

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GardenDM » Fri May 03, 2019 10:16 am

Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Vegomatic » Fri May 03, 2019 10:06 am

scott102303 wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 9:55 am
I don't know if this counts as ruins, but I'd like to see versions of the trees from Dreadhollow downed and/or burned. A burned forest on the edge of a new lava flow would be a cool effect. Make-shift barricades built out of the same kind of trees to mix into a forest would also be cool, with a dirt/log transition piece to cavern/burrows thrown in for good effect.
I like!

scott102303
Orc
Orc

Post by scott102303 » Fri May 03, 2019 9:55 am

I don't know if this counts as ruins, but I'd like to see versions of the trees from Dreadhollow downed and/or burned. A burned forest on the edge of a new lava flow would be a cool effect. Make-shift barricades built out of the same kind of trees to mix into a forest would also be cool, with a dirt/log transition piece to cavern/burrows thrown in for good effect.

kodiakbear
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kodiakbear » Fri May 03, 2019 1:49 am

Ruined dungeon floor tiles 2x2 in half. I like my KS5 ledges but I want something for dungeons like the two KS2 chasm peices that fit together. I have used the chasm peices fit together as a cracked cavern floor and only one time did the cavern floor cave in under the party, but that was enough to make the players cautious from then on. I want to have cracked dungeon floor tiles so the party can worry about falling through the floor when ever I use them.

I say yes to the ruined columns that never saw the light of day from KS5.

As for a ruined bridge, that would be great but you can make one by sticking KS5 ledges to the ends of the bridge.
viewtopic.php?f=22&t=8956&hilit=adventu ... y&start=30

But more ruins would be great.

Seraphis the Bland
Orc
Orc

Ruins, cont.

Post by Seraphis the Bland » Fri May 03, 2019 12:53 am

Return to “Pre-Kickstarter 7 Discussion”