KS 7 - Include A Much Needed "Wood Grain Set" Who Is With Me?!

Darksdale
Goblin
Goblin

Re: KS 7 - Include A Much Needed "Wood Grain Set" Who Is With Me?!

Post by Darksdale » Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:19 pm

Or some options for walls for a manor or mansion interior....

Darksdale
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Darksdale » Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:20 pm

While a simple slatted timber is needed for the walls, they can still use the medieval building floors since they have to match up no matter the direction of the wall or corners.

But some other options could be the following....

Talistran
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Talistran » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:57 pm

I've written before about how much I'd love hewn timber buildings and log buildings added to CBS. Yes, please.

I'd also be in support of 2x2 MBS in Dwarvenite. Good for interior buildings. I often use CBS for a city build and then use dungeon pieces off to the side for the interior of main fights and or objective buildings. I'd love MBS for this too.

DWChancellor
Ogre
Ogre

Post by DWChancellor » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:01 pm

Round everything exacerbates the problem of fitting miniatures in. Not saying I wouldn't enjoy some round huts, but they'd have to be fairly big (on the scale of Castle towers) to fit much play area. Still a miniatures game at heart.
DW, Chancellor of Valoria, Formally Privy Councilor of Valoria

Rhizom
Orc
Orc

Post by Rhizom » Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:49 pm

I do like CBS much more than a 2x2 footprint for city / village / cabin buildings, because you can do builds with them that are indoor and outdoor at the same time. I know, many of you think, they are not so good for indoor, but for me, with a few more advanced builder options, and maybe combined with the roof platforms from castle, they would work fine.

I really want a wooden CBS option, not a return to the pure indoor building. But the wooden CBS I want quite desperately.
Rhizom, Creeping Rootstalks of Valoria

biowizard
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by biowizard » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:46 am

Indeed, I think a dwarvenite version of the classic Medieval Building Set, with advanced building features, using a 2"*2" pieces footprint is a fantastic idea for a complete DF KS.

Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Vegomatic » Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:55 pm

"If they make it, i will buy it."

Seems to be my mantra of late.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:05 am

Round versions of wooden buildings would be nice too, especially the size of the large towers in KS4 as those give you enough room for furniture, while the 4x4 ones really don't.

Nice to see you back, Mr. Cube.
102 Resin and 217 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

combs1ng
Orc
Orc

Post by combs1ng » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:50 am

I would be on board for some of this. Definitely see the utility for huts, hovels, shacks, etc. Differing roofs could transform the same walls/floors into completely different aesthetics. I'm not sure how much I would go in on but I think a mini KS makes good sense.
"The price of wisdom is eternal thought." - Frank Birch

Gelatinous Cube
Kobold
Kobold

Post by Gelatinous Cube » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:40 am

I am a huge fan of modularity. I have neither the money nor the space for a lot of sets (as a gelatinous cube I fill up easily), so I tend to purchase things sparingly that I feel will maximize the experience. That being said, I would absolutely invest in this idea as even a few set could really add a high dynamic range to my towns. To take the idea further, if add on sets included, say, fencing for stables or between houses, or even smaller add on accouterments like a water wheel it could really - dare I say? - change the game. DF did such a great job on the city and to be able to take the attention to detail just a bit further to add just that little next level of detail to my towns to entice snacks to visit... Alternatively, imagine taking whatever wildlands comes up with (be it forest, river crossings, swamps, etc) and being able to create small settlement, witch hut, lone mill, trashy bandit camp scenarios. If I had thumbs, they'd both be up...
Free to a good home. Affectionate but can be clingy. Good source of Iron. Not suitable for Adventurers under the Level of 4.

Return to “Pre-Kickstarter 7 Discussion”