KS7 Wildlands hints, teaser and beans

Oldent
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: KS7 Wildlands hints, teaser and beans

Post by Oldent » Fri Apr 03, 2020 11:33 am

The KSII falls was a good compromise and works well. The center tile was my 2014 solution.

While I would like a 2 inch solution. 3x3 or 3x6 may be better.

I like the idea of the hidden door.

The edge tiles can be used as well as the falls.

I added the water.It dried darker. I am going to use my home made and DF resin and lake tiles I will add a limited amount of negative space features to my wargame table covers.
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

Oldent
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Oldent » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:52 am

GODofwar wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:34 am
Can someone list exactly what is needed to make 'water tiles' whole?

And confirm for me that by water tiles we are talking about 2x2 water tiles?

I use both the river and lake sets and water tiles without any issues.

TLW
The 2X2 thing goes back 2014. They want more variety. I think it is a dead horse :!: :!: :!:
IMO,4x4 is as small as water looks good.

Oldent
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Oldent » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:44 am

William wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:37 am
All of this TT/bank stuff is all well and good, but not where I can afford to go.

I'm kind-of irritated by this whole TT/bank thing. Back when we just wanted a few (6 to 10) 2"x2" water tiles to "fix" the cavern water tile set from KS-2, we were told "Yes, sometime in the future". But, that has never happened and probably will never happen. It only needed a tiny set of diagonals and maybe two variants to the other tiles.

Now that there has been a new way to do water, it seems they can't stop designing gobs and gobs of banks and trays to satisfy these new backers/buyers. They even upped the sizes to 6" pieces that cost so much more than a 2"x2". I will probably never go the TT/bank way, because it's too expensive, compared to a small set or two of 2x2 tiles.

Just wanted to launch my rant somewhere, so that's it. Sorry, but this chaps my hide. :evil:

Please, make the water tile set "whole", please. :roll:
I never wanted 2X2 water tiles. I think 4x4 water tiles are too small.I remember some technical decision was made during KSI or II that tiles larger than 2X2 was not practical. I realize that is no longer the case.

William, I feel that you only have your self to blame ;) All of the beautiful water and basalt photos you posted are the direct inspiration for this. You wanted plastic trees too :lol:

I will not purchase 2X2 water tiles. It would not bother me if DF made more. I don't think it is on the drawing board or even years away.

If you want more 2X2 water tiles Look here https://www.4botindustries.com/lake-and-river
https://www.4botindustries.com/lake-and ... m-iqbajptv
I did not buy any of the water molds. Did I mention I hate 2X2 water tiles :twisted:

pacarat
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by pacarat » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:41 am

GODofwar wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:34 am

TLW
The 2x2 dwarvenite water tiles have a limited set of tile styles.

Straight, concave corner, convex corner, open water.

Folks have been asking for some variations so that the repetition is minimized. Bunch of threads on this forum discussing this. Both William and I did lots of mods (and we posted pics here) back in the day to address the limited set.

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by GODofwar » Fri Apr 03, 2020 10:34 am

TLW
WeaselWarGod

arsthein
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by arsthein » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:08 am

William wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:37 am
All of this TT/bank stuff is all well and good, but not where I can afford to go.

I'm kind-of irritated by this whole TT/bank thing. Back when we just wanted a few (6 to 10) 2"x2" water tiles to "fix" the cavern water tile set from KS-2, we were told "Yes, sometime in the future". But, that has never happened and probably will never happen. It only needed a tiny set of diagonals and maybe two variants to the other tiles.

Now that there has been a new way to do water, it seems they can't stop designing gobs and gobs of banks and trays to satisfy these new backers/buyers. They even upped the sizes to 6" pieces that cost so much more than a 2"x2". I will probably never go the TT/bank way, because it's too expensive, compared to a small set or two of 2x2 tiles.

Just wanted to launch my rant somewhere, so that's it. Sorry, but this chaps my hide. :evil:

Thank you William, I didn't want to go there but the thoughts were itching a little in my mind too.

I don't discount yet the posibility of getting some off-shoot water tiles in KS7 though. They may have some variant pieces to go with those in KS2. As you say, compared to all this other new line it would be relatively cheap to produce and would make happy the fans of water tiles, which I don't think are few.

One can still hope...

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Fri Apr 03, 2020 5:42 am

I am really with you William. The banks do indeed look great and I am glad they are showing off something from Wildlands, but terrain trays and scatter are not my preferred way of building, especially with DF. I like tiles. Sue me.

I also wish they would just do a small tile set for water to finish up what they started. I am sure they could sell a lot of them. I would certainly be in for at least 4 sets, as I have that many color variations of the water tiles at the moment.

I have bought some terrain trays and while they are beautiful, they just do not play well with DF. Edges stick out, things do not mesh perfectly, and of course with trays they had to introduce magnets, which is another whole set of problems. (falling out, polarity problems, storage)

But I am fine with it, as I need to stop putting so much into DF anyway. I hope the next generation of buyers loves the way DF is going now, and DF is wildly successful.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Fri Apr 03, 2020 4:37 am

Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Vegomatic » Thu Apr 02, 2020 7:12 pm

GODofwar wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:09 pm
Is that 12 or 18 forest TT we see?

TLW
I'm thinking six cave water trays (subbing for swamp water). I think it is 2 feet x 3 ft of water.

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by GODofwar » Thu Apr 02, 2020 6:49 pm

Wow. I think Wildlands will have a lot of neat stuff...I won't buy. Basically DH on steroids. But the scatter terrain...oh, my wallet is going to be happey with KS 7. Which does not really exist.

PS: Did PM you I reply, darnit you caught me.

TLW
WeaselWarGod

Return to “Pre-Kickstarter 7 Discussion”