KS7 Wildlands hints, teaser and beans

Rhizom
Orc
Orc

Re: KS7 Wildlands hints, teaser and beans

Post by Rhizom » Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:18 pm

... and the trees? They look different! Are these new canopies??? They look more flat than the ones from dreadhollow. Don‘t they?
Rhizom, Creeping Rootstalks of Valoria

nielsene
Ogre
Ogre

Post by nielsene » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:27 pm

Those should still be dreadhallow canopy. However there's another piece they shows me at PAX that I don't think y'all have spotted yet. I don't know if Nina is ok with me spilling the beans of what she showed me, so I'll leave it at that.

Oops nevermind, clicking through to the Twitter link finds the other one.

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:23 am

The DF IG feed showed Selina showing a very swampy tree :)

Will add a screengrab if we can find it again
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by GODofwar » Mon Dec 09, 2019 11:42 pm

Rabbit Burner wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 5:23 am The DF IG feed showed Selina showing a very swampy tree :)

Will add a screengrab if we can find it again
Please do, Rabbit!

The Chief Least Weasel of Valoria (Pretendant)
Totus KS Delenda Sunt, except KS7, which I won't buy....
WeaselWarGod

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Tue Dec 10, 2019 1:16 am

+1

Wow, i feel young to post that. :oops:
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Tue Dec 10, 2019 4:10 am

Don't seem to be able to find it. Not all stories are saved on Instagram :(

We will dig through all the weekends posts and see if we can find it.

GardenDM
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by GardenDM » Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:53 pm

Gnarly tree is shown in left hand side of the build pic I posted on the previous page.

Here's another one with Nate showing it on its own. Is there yet another pic of the gnarly tree that we missed? I'm good on gnarly tree pics and want to see something even more swampy!
gnarly tree.jpg
gnarly tree.jpg (26.88 KiB) Viewed 1640 times

nielsene
Ogre
Ogre

Post by nielsene » Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:27 pm

Probably not the best thread for this , but wasn't seeing a PAX Unplugged one directly. But it was so great having a chance to really chat with Nate this time. At GenCon I was able to chat a lot with Selina and Nina; Nate however was already deep in conversations with others during my visits to the booth at GenCon. Only got to wave at Selina in passing this time though.

They always had a nice crowd of people, and it looked like the starters sets they brought were popular with the convention crowd. The mini display they had on the edge of Die Hard Dice's booth was really well done. Wish I had taken photos, but lots of cool little tricks. Loved the doomroller into a a small puzzle floor chamber.

One thing that might be relevant to Wildlands, I was asking Nate about advice for using Erinthor vertically -- I was saying I had trouble when trying to go 2 levels high to avoid repetition, while still keeping seams/grain lines/sharp versus weathered surfaces looking realistic. Nate sounded like a) he'll think about another erinthor tutorial video, and b) Wildlands might help. The wildlands might help comment was in particular commenting, (if my sleep-deprived brain is remembering things right) about the difficulty in doing vertical facades. Simplest interpretation would just some new mountainesque terrain trays that can work horizontally or vertically.

GardenDM
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by GardenDM » Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:39 pm

nielsene wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 3:27 pm Probably not the best thread for this , but wasn't seeing a PAX Unplugged one directly. But it was so great having a chance to really chat with Nate this time. At GenCon I was able to chat a lot with Selina and Nina; Nate however was already deep in conversations with others during my visits to the booth at GenCon. Only got to wave at Selina in passing this time though.

They always had a nice crowd of people, and it looked like the starters sets they brought were popular with the convention crowd. The mini display they had on the edge of Die Hard Dice's booth was really well done. Wish I had taken photos, but lots of cool little tricks. Loved the doomroller into a a small puzzle floor chamber.

One thing that might be relevant to Wildlands, I was asking Nate about advice for using Erinthor vertically -- I was saying I had trouble when trying to go 2 levels high to avoid repetition, while still keeping seams/grain lines/sharp versus weathered surfaces looking realistic. Nate sounded like a) he'll think about another erinthor tutorial video, and b) Wildlands might help. The wildlands might help comment was in particular commenting, (if my sleep-deprived brain is remembering things right) about the difficulty in doing vertical facades. Simplest interpretation would just some new mountainesque terrain trays that can work horizontally or vertically.
Interesting report, thanks for sharing. Your last comment got me thinking about vertical terrain trays. We've had a number of folks in the forums post pictures of their builds with terrain trays used vertically. I've played around with it a bit myself and while we can all jury-rig something, it might be helpful for DF to release official terrain tray "feet" to keep them stable for vertical use. I'm skeptical that this could work for two 12" trays stacked vertically (it seems like a LOT of sway to manage), but should be totally workable for a single 12" or smaller tray.

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:15 pm

GardenDM wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 2:53 pm Gnarly tree is shown in left hand side of the build pic I posted on the previous page.

Here's another one with Nate showing it on its own. Is there yet another pic of the gnarly tree that we missed? I'm good on gnarly tree pics and want to see something even more swampy!

gnarly tree.jpg
That's the tree we saw Selina showing as a sneak peak to what is coming in Wildlands.

Return to “Pre-Kickstarter 7 Discussion”