GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: KS7 Wildlands hints, teaser and beans

Post by GardenDM » Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:14 am

kodiakbear wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:03 am
So the July 3, 2019 Update #19 for KS6.66 DF had this to say about KS7
"We've found ourselves in a untamed stretch of forest filled with savage beasts, otherworldly plants, and a mysterious eldritch glow on the horizon."

So it sounds like DF is aiming at making a forest that is not just more trees and that is a very good thing. While KS6 Dreadhollow is a fantastic forest and much loved it in its self is a setting for hazards not a hazardous setting. It will be a pleaser to see DF turn a forest into a very dangerous place. Now while I could be reading to much it to that quote, it is the otherworldly plants part that has me believing that DF is going to turn the deadly forest dial up to eleven.

Untamed makes me think I should not expect any elven or human homes but ruins may not be out but nothing in that quote hints at it either. Since eldritch is a vague term it could hint at warlock/witches but could just mean spooky and otherworldly.

So what to you think that little sentence means?
No elves?! Thank Moradin!

I would also love weird and creepy over traditional Tolkien fantasy.

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GardenDM » Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:13 am

DWChancellor wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:57 am
zenako wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:10 am
OK, so the master set piece of the KS is a huge ancient hollow tree that has moving limbs, (they have motors for a drawbridge so why not articulated limbs), glowing lights (duh) and an eerie smoke (Steam?) pouring out of its lower openings and a low audio track that is timed to the limb movement and periodic bursts of "steam/smoke", which also changes the intensity (voltage) on the LED illuminations. You can't tell me that in their fevered brainstorming sessions those creative folks at DF have not at least discussed something like this!
So its a DYI add-on pack to the big stump from KS6

I was hoping it would be a giant tortoise with modular trees on top.
I like the tortoise idea! Not sure if I want my DF fully motorized, although some pieces with sound effects might be cool.

DWChancellor
Ogre
Ogre

Post by DWChancellor » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:57 am

zenako wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:10 am
OK, so the master set piece of the KS is a huge ancient hollow tree that has moving limbs, (they have motors for a drawbridge so why not articulated limbs), glowing lights (duh) and an eerie smoke (Steam?) pouring out of its lower openings and a low audio track that is timed to the limb movement and periodic bursts of "steam/smoke", which also changes the intensity (voltage) on the LED illuminations. You can't tell me that in their fevered brainstorming sessions those creative folks at DF have not at least discussed something like this!
So its a DYI add-on pack to the big stump from KS6

I was hoping it would be a giant tortoise with modular trees on top.
DW, Chancellor of Valoria, Formally Privy Councilor of Valoria

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:25 am

I also hope for ruins with vines. That would be great. Lots of ruins have eldritch elements like portals, pools and such. Lots of room for creativity. I think that some of the encounters will be pretty tame though, with standarish fantasy monsters.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Szath01
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Szath01 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:13 am

Overgrown ruins sounds great. But I don’t want terrain that has setting-specific plants integrated. That is something I prefer to fill in with miniatures. A forest setting should be relatively generic.

zenako
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by zenako » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:10 am

Or an animated Baga Yaga's Hut. I know Reaper just released a nice one, but it is a static hunk of plastic (I have two of them, one to make legit and one to mod).

Make a vastly improved and glowing fairy circle or a haunted ruin.

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:23 am

William wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:18 am
I want to see them do vines on ruins, lots of vines on lots of ruins. Plants of various types and sizes set amongst the rubble. Huts and/or tree houses ( with removable 4x4 thatched roof ;) ) hidden in the branches of a larger tree or two. Shrubberies everywhere, we do need to satisfy the knights who say ni. :)
We concur with William apart from we want added vines on more ruins
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:18 am

I want to see them do vines on ruins, lots of vines on lots of ruins. Plants of various types and sizes set amongst the rubble. Huts and/or tree houses ( with removable 4x4 thatched roof ;) ) hidden in the branches of a larger tree or two. Shrubberies everywhere, we do need to satisfy the knights who say ni. :)
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

kodiakbear
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

KS7 Wildlands hints, teaser and beans

Post by kodiakbear » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:03 am

So the July 3, 2019 Update #19 for KS6.66 DF had this to say about KS7
"We've found ourselves in a untamed stretch of forest filled with savage beasts, otherworldly plants, and a mysterious eldritch glow on the horizon."

So it sounds like DF is aiming at making a forest that is not just more trees and that is a very good thing. While KS6 Dreadhollow is a fantastic forest and much loved it in its self is a setting for hazards not a hazardous setting. It will be a pleaser to see DF turn a forest into a very dangerous place. Now while I could be reading to much it to that quote, it is the otherworldly plants part that has me believing that DF is going to turn the deadly forest dial up to eleven.

Untamed makes me think I should not expect any elven or human homes but ruins may not be out but nothing in that quote hints at it either. Since eldritch is a vague term it could hint at warlock/witches but could just mean spooky and otherworldly.

So what to you think that little sentence means?

Return to “Pre-Kickstarter 7 Discussion”