What’s the latest on when KS7 launches?

arsthein
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: What’s the latest on when KS7 launches?

Post by arsthein » Tue Apr 07, 2020 5:41 am

Arbados wrote:
Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:19 am
The launch WILL be delayed BIG-TIME! Now as to my post somewhat unrelated but impacts the launch....

The "lock-down" has minimal reality. In NY there's a lock-down but people are still going out, in parks, riding bikes, etc. I see it everyday. Many are not taking this seriously and simply go about their everyday life as if things were normal. They are NOT! I've only left my house here in NY to shop for food. Other than that I've remained inside. If things continue like this we're going for a longer haul than even the 6-8 month estimate. It's like "who shall survive the zombie apocalypse"?

With that being said I'm having a very hard time isolated in my home for this length of time and knowing it will be much longer. Working from home everyday along with my wife is not easy or the same. The kids are home and restless with no place for any of us to go or do. Strangely I FEEL contaminated when I see others avoiding me day to day walking across the street (which I understand) and wearing face masks all around (. It just feels eerie with everyone avoiding each other to such an extent. Once again I understand the need but it still feels strange! This working from home is not easy especially if you've never done it before. When are my breaks? When can I take lunch. When I do will I be looked for and my boss be bothered that I'm not at the computer at their immediate need. They may think I'm taking advantage! Crazy stuff!

I'm thankful I still have a job but damn working from home is not as easy as you think especially if you've never done it before. I've not! Wishing all well-being and health! So far I'm good here in NY but a simple stop to get milk could be the difference!

Hi there Arbados, I'm from Spain, specifically in Madrid, the most infected city. For a long time, half of the infected in Spain had been from here. I feel you pal. I'm in the same situation as you. I'm today in my 25th day of lockdown, going out just for food for me or my parents who live nearby and are quite old, and I don't want them to take risks.

This can sometimes feel really surreal, and working from home, even with it's perks, feels strange and I've had (me and all my co-workers) have suffered the same doubts and thoughts as you do. Fortunatelly, our bosses had been very gracious about it and trust the responsibility of everyone. We are not working home, after all, just for comfort, we are in the middle of a crisis, and they have been very supportive if someone has to abandon their computer to attend some other task. Children don't have schools open to go to, and are at home, and that is a distraction. Going for groceries is a longer task than it used to be. Stock is ok but if you want to be sure you'll get evertything you will need you have to choose certain hours. Bottomline: it's not like we were working from home in normal times. Your bosses will have to understand it. You should be free to express that argument. We are allowed to distribute our working hours as we see fit (if the need arise).

As for the routine, try to start doing whatever is necessary to have your lunch at the same hour, etc. Put a clock alarm if you need to. When you used to take a break, go to the window, take some air.

Find hobbies to keep you entertained. You get somewhat accustomed to this, it gets easier, although some days are better than others as time goes by. We are doing pretty nicely all things considered, we are lucky. Try to do those things (at home) you usually have trouble finding time to do and are in your to-do list. That way, when this is over you'll have some feeling of accomplishment. Working out is a good idea too.

I'm afraid what you describe in NY is what happened here. People don't take it seriously. They will eventually. Sadly, it will be late for other people, of course. It's terrible, but then it's silly too seeing some people insulting from their windows those who are allegedly "breaking the lockdown". Surreal scenes have been occurred, when people call names to, without knowing, health personell returning home for a more than well deserved rest. But then, every day at 20:00 there is a inniciative here where everybody gets out the window at the same time and clap, cheer and whistle to honor our health personell, and everybody is nice through the distance, wave neightbours they've never known, send hugs, express each other support, etc.

Nobody has seen anything like this over here in their lifetimes, so it's bound to be somewhat rough in some instances.

As long as you can provision from time to time and are cautious when you do, you'll be fine. Here we have still another 2 and a half weeks to go until the lockdown is over... for the time being. It could be expanded longer still (and it's very likely).

Keep your sanity, be safe, and don't worry about things you can't control (what your bosses will think, etc). If they are going to be jerks, they are going to be. We are in a crisis scenario.

Hang in there, buddy, we'll get through this.

Greetings!

Arbados
Orc
Orc

Post by Arbados » Tue Apr 07, 2020 3:19 am

The launch WILL be delayed BIG-TIME! Now as to my post somewhat unrelated but impacts the launch....

The "lock-down" has minimal reality. In NY there's a lock-down but people are still going out, in parks, riding bikes, etc. I see it everyday. Many are not taking this seriously and simply go about their everyday life as if things were normal. They are NOT! I've only left my house here in NY to shop for food. Other than that I've remained inside. If things continue like this we're going for a longer haul than even the 6-8 month estimate. It's like "who shall survive the zombie apocalypse"?

With that being said I'm having a very hard time isolated in my home for this length of time and knowing it will be much longer. Working from home everyday along with my wife is not easy or the same. The kids are home and restless with no place for any of us to go or do. Strangely I FEEL contaminated when I see others avoiding me day to day walking across the street (which I understand) and wearing face masks all around (. It just feels eerie with everyone avoiding each other to such an extent. Once again I understand the need but it still feels strange! This working from home is not easy especially if you've never done it before. When are my breaks? When can I take lunch. When I do will I be looked for and my boss be bothered that I'm not at the computer at their immediate need. They may think I'm taking advantage! Crazy stuff!

I'm thankful I still have a job but damn working from home is not as easy as you think especially if you've never done it before. I've not! Wishing all well-being and health! So far I'm good here in NY but a simple stop to get milk could be the difference!

kodiakbear
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kodiakbear » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:46 pm

zenako wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:32 pm
The simple, edict of shut everything down, cannot be any sort of long term solution.
Very true.

The edict of shut everything down, could have been a short term solution/step. My hope is that the next time something like this happens (likely not in my life time) the worlds governments will announce an immediate two week lock down to all but the so called critical infra structure followed by a two week lock down of everything except medical and law enforcement.

The above is a very simplified plan but two weeks for people to get back home and ready/supplied for lock down and two weeks of true lock down should work better than weeks of denial followed by weeks of half measures followed by weeks of uneven measures.

Of course hind sight is 20/20

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by GODofwar » Mon Apr 06, 2020 9:13 pm

zenako wrote:
Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:32 pm
Yah, too many fo the vaccine researchers seem too fixated on the 0 risk model of a vaccine, likely due to past litigation on vaccines that worked, in most folks, but happened to harm even a few.
This thinking is shown over and over again in official pronouncements. Scares me b/c it signals that our institutions do not have a reality based grasp of the situation.

The globe is in another paradigm now and if something can help millions, but puts a handful at risk, those are odds we need to really consider since the alternative is many of those millions would otherwise get sick and potentially die without the vaccine. We cannot let perfect be the enemy of very good.
Or even a very bad that is better than the alternative. What gives med guys the willies is that there could be very large but long-term effects. But by definition we won't know that till the long term - 10-30 years from now. Ain't gonna wait that long.

The world really does not have the luxury of waiting for the perfect do no harm vaccine or medication. The extended lockdown and shuttering of normal business and life also presents a risk of death due to increased medical issues that are not being treated, mental health issues coming into play and just decreased nutrition as normal life and food access becomes an issue. The simple, edict of shut everything down, cannot be any sort of long term solution.
Concur. We are living with several generations that are experiencing situations with high risk for the first times in their lives. They are not handling it well.

The Chief Least Weasel of Valoria (Pretendant)
Totus KS Delenda Sunt, including KS7
WeaselWarGod

zenako
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by zenako » Mon Apr 06, 2020 8:32 pm

Yah, too many fo the vaccine researchers seem too fixated on the 0 risk model of a vaccine, likely due to past litigation on vaccines that worked, in most folks, but happened to harm even a few.

The globe is in another paradigm now and if something can help millions, but puts a handful at risk, those are odds we need to really consider since the alternative is many of those millions would otherwise get sick and potentially die without the vaccine. We cannot let perfect be the enemy of very good.

The world really does not have the luxury of waiting for the perfect do no harm vaccine or medication. The extended lockdown and shuttering of normal business and life also presents a risk of death due to increased medical issues that are not being treated, mental health issues coming into play and just decreased nutrition as normal life and food access becomes an issue. The simple, edict of shut everything down, cannot be any sort of long term solution.

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by GODofwar » Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:55 pm

Rabbit Burner wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 1:48 pm
…………...
In the UK we have seen how the government are trying to restricted the strain on the NHS so current cases do not overwhelm their resources.
What exactly have those measures been, Rabbit? I don't trust the media. They've been dismal on accurate reporting.

Which makes sense, but what no one seems to want to spell out is that this current enforced social distancing will be the first of several.

Until a robust vaccine is produced, then the virus will keep spreading, social distancing slows it down. The best way to get through this pandemic will be for the healthy to catch it and breeze through it or be able to be treated by the Health services.
Social distancing slows it down...but a 100% complete lockdown for 14 days would stop it cold. Lockdown + distancing, YMMV.

Once you have survived you will either be more resistant or even immune to further outbreaks. So you can now go about your daily lives (kinda).
Actually, we don't know this. Not ALL diseases produce enough immunity to prevent repeat infections (although many, maybe even most do). Problem is time to immunity zero. For measles, its a lifetime, literally. For other diseases, as little as 90 days. This matters a lot WRT to your strategy outline, Rabbit.

So to keep those that suffer more from overwhelming the Health services, you impose social distancing and various lockdowns, then once the cases ease off you remove the distancing and lockdowns, let the virus spread again, infecting the healthy then go back into distancing and lockdown keeping the numbers down that the health services have to deal with.

So the cycles continue until either a vaccine or all the healthy have been through it and proven to be either immune or less vulnerable to repeat infections.

The above we think is termed herd immunity and is now we naturally fight similar if less deadly infections.

It also basically accepts that people will die, but the numbers kept down and is absolute pain and economic nightmare there is currently no other way of preventing more deaths.
Brutal fact: Doctors are already performing triage, and deciding who dies right now and who lives right now.

What it fails to deal with is those that are at most risk, with current serious health issues. These cannot afford to catch COVID19 or they will most likely die, we are talking a minimum of 1.5 million people in the UK just over 2% of the population.

So until a vaccine with no side effects that affect their current conditions, is produced they have to remain in total isolation.
Prediction: We will forget the normal testing regimes...and we will risk using untested vaccines fairly soon.

Things should get easier as more of the healthy populace recover from infection and can interact, but they will need a conclusive test that guarantees an accurate result. Before lifting the restrictions, especially if you come into contact with those at most risk.

Bottom Line = this isn't going away in a hurry :(
Nooo kidding. Gonna get ugly.

Could make one wish one had a nice dark, dank underground warren to seal off and play Masque of the Red Death in.

WeaselWarGod

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by GODofwar » Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:49 pm

Riley wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 1:59 pm
600lbpanther wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:52 pm
I'm going to live forever.

Bring on KS7.

I have 10k to spend and I'm ready.
It’s a panther!

Hi kitty. Nice kitty.

No, is THE panther, Riley!

WeaselWarGod

GODofwar
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by GODofwar » Mon Apr 06, 2020 5:48 pm

600lbpanther wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 12:52 pm
I'm going to live forever.

Bring on KS7.

I have 10k to spend and I'm ready.
Panther, where the heck y'all been, boy? You've been missed!

You've been 'dormant' as an early invading COVID, not surprising you have a stash built up!

WeaselWarGod

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Sun Apr 05, 2020 12:28 pm

Very nice work d4h - they look different with flesh tones

Top Job :)
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Sun Apr 05, 2020 1:45 am

Thanks

I wanted them a bit more generally usable
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Return to “Pre-Kickstarter 7 Discussion”