What’s the latest on when KS7 launches?

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: What’s the latest on when KS7 launches?

Post by dice4hire » Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:10 pm

I agree there needs to be a lot more specific rules and procedures. Blanket statements and quarantines are not helping much. Still i am really hoping things get better soon worldwide.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

zenako
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by zenako » Sat Mar 28, 2020 7:55 pm

At least now some politicians are at least starting to ask the question if the current course of action being taken is truly helping or the best approach? The blanket rules for entire states seem to be overkill to me. As if the state line between states matters to locals and viruses. For example, New York. New York City is a mess, but upstate above the finger lakes is hardly touched last time I saw a map. These new rules and stuff should better reflect data on the ground when it exists.

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:25 pm

kitenerd wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:10 pm
Law wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:57 am
It’s kinda dizzying how quickly we moved from “your wizard dollhouse might be late” to “you will be arrested if you go to the park,” but here we are!
PERFECT!

It was quick, hopefully quick enough. It is extreme, hopefully not too extreme.

This will be an interesting experiment. The data collected will keep epidemiologists and economists busy for years debating where to draw the line for next time.
That's the thing, they are making this up as we go along.
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Sat Mar 28, 2020 4:10 pm

Law wrote:
Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:57 am
It’s kinda dizzying how quickly we moved from “your wizard dollhouse might be late” to “you will be arrested if you go to the park,” but here we are!
PERFECT!

It was quick, hopefully quick enough. It is extreme, hopefully not too extreme.

This will be an interesting experiment. The data collected will keep epidemiologists and economists busy for years debating where to draw the line for next time.
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

Law
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Law » Sat Mar 28, 2020 6:57 am

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Mon Mar 23, 2020 10:56 am

In one of last week streams Nate mentioned the earliest launch date being 31st May, most likely June or July. But it is all up in the air until we get a better pictue of the prolonged impact of Covid-19.

kodiakbear
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kodiakbear » Sun Mar 22, 2020 3:11 pm

I was hoping for now or April but with the USA in stand still and wait for COVID-19 to hit, If there is a GenCon I wonder if a big GenCon reveal for the KS7 sets would not be best. I am not confident there will be a GenCon but if a big reveal was planned there then it would make a KS right after that a good time. If GenCon was canceled then having the KS right then might mean all the people who were going to go would have money to spend.

This all based on the premise that the USA will not be in medical chaos for the rest of the year. :(

zenako
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by zenako » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:51 am

I believe Nate mentioned in an offhand kind of way in the twitch stream, that they still hoped for late spring/early summer, but NOTHING was definite given the world uncertainty. It sounded like they still hoped to ship Hellscape before then, and then sometime after that Plaguestone (which logistically should be a simple matter given the far smaller scope of that special offering).

Glendel
Orc
Orc

Post by Glendel » Sun Mar 22, 2020 9:12 am

I would really like a late spring early summer KS start. I am just so busy right now and would like to try to wrap up a bunch of things before I get all crazy into a KS that is going to be as huge as this one is probably going to be. And I am sure, it is not having a impact on my household, but many would like to see the end of 19 and an upswing to people going back to work/life.

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Wed Mar 18, 2020 3:53 am

AnimeSensei wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:58 pm
Yeah COVID-19 really put a pause on everything, not just DF. I'm guessing summer now.
Hoping they can hold off until then, give DooFers a chance to work out the Covid-19 enconomic fallout.

Their cashflow may be the determining factor as to when they launch

Hopefully with them still working from home they should still be ready whenever they launch.

Return to “Pre-Kickstarter 7 Discussion”