What’s the latest on when KS7 launches?

NiandoBG
Orc
Orc

Re: What’s the latest on when KS7 launches?

Post by NiandoBG » Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:10 pm

Concerning the starting date of KS 7..
Maybe we should look out for big gaming/rpg conventions.
I guess they want to take advantage of one of them to get more/new backers...
Are there any in March/April in the US?
more than 2,800 self painted dwarvenite pieces :)

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GardenDM » Sun Dec 15, 2019 11:09 am

kodiakbear wrote:
Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:43 am
KS1 launched March 25th and KS2 launched March 12th, I would be happy if KS7 launched in March as it is well past Christmas and Chinese New Year on January 25. DF would have had a month plus of time to talk to the factory about prices and any of our fellow pledgers who get tax refunds would likely have them for pledging. And by the gods everyone should have their KS6 stuff by then.
Good points all around.

I always liked the launch KS in March, deliver in December schedule. Good from a financial point of view and good from a "having time to play with my toys" perspective as well. Plus, predictability is good for repeat customers to be able to plan around.

kodiakbear
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kodiakbear » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:43 am

KS1 launched March 25th and KS2 launched March 12th, I would be happy if KS7 launched in March as it is well past Christmas and Chinese New Year on January 25. DF would have had a month plus of time to talk to the factory about prices and any of our fellow pledgers who get tax refunds would likely have them for pledging. And by the gods everyone should have their KS6 stuff by then.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:28 am

If they launch anytime in January, I think a lot of people will not have their stuff, possibly including some USA people, but definitely some EU people. Not sure about all of ROW, but Japan, AU and NZ should be fine as per the last update.

I can possibly see a Feb launch, but more likely March if they do it first quarter. I would bet on March or June.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Law
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Law » Sun Dec 15, 2019 5:18 am

I don’t have any specific knowledge of Chinese New Year related factory closings or other calendar issues - but I would expect them to launch KS7 fairly soon after backers get their KS6 orders. The delay may have ended up putting them back on their old schedules - late Jan launch.

I think half the point of branding Hellscape and Plaguestone as things OTHER than KS campaigns is so they can say they shipped KS6 before starting KS7.

As I see it - they already asked people to pay for KS6.66 before shipping KS6, so we know they’ll launch something before something else have shipped - the only difference is that Hellscape wasn’t officially KS7. So that’s what they don’t seem willing to do - to launch KS7 before KS6 has shipped.

arsthein
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by arsthein » Wed Dec 11, 2019 12:39 pm

Rabbit Burner wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:19 am
KS7's timing can also be dependent on cashflow,

Apparently you cannot eat dwarvenite, though many have tried!

So DF have bills to pay, sculptors have to be paid for development of KS7 ahead of any KS7 funding.

We are not too worried on timing, it will be when it will be, our work status can change a few times a year, which is partly why we buy all we need ('want' is not applicable) during the KS, after that we cannot be totally sure of our financial/work status.

We will not worry if Hellscape is not delivered before (or even during) KS7 as we don't expect them to have much overlap.

But in the interests of backer good will it makes sense to us to wait until KS6.66 is delivered. Also getting new dwarvenite makes you crave even more of that sweet indestructible buildy goodness ..........
Hi there!

I wouldn't expect DF to wait until Hellscape is shipped to launch KS7, probably is already too much to ask to wait until all KS6 is delivered (note shipped vs delivered). As you say, Dwarvenite doesn't feed the DF crew (I hope) and bussiness have to keep going, and I totally understand that.

I just think KS6, KS6.66 plus Plaguestone are too many things "in the air" to ask for more money in advance (and people need to have their dreadhollow before committing to more outland dwarvenite).

Anyway, I also am guessing that Hellscape and plaguestone will be delivered before the PM for KS7 closes, or not too far from that. I think that would be very reasonable. There would be no more than 3 balls in the air, and in short it would be again only the KS7 one.

My 2 cents,

Greetings!

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:19 am

KS7's timing can also be dependent on cashflow,

Apparently you cannot eat dwarvenite, though many have tried!

So DF have bills to pay, sculptors have to be paid for development of KS7 ahead of any KS7 funding.

We are not too worried on timing, it will be when it will be, our work status can change a few times a year, which is partly why we buy all we need ('want' is not applicable) during the KS, after that we cannot be totally sure of our financial/work status.

We will not worry if Hellscape is not delivered before (or even during) KS7 as we don't expect them to have much overlap.

But in the interests of backer good will it makes sense to us to wait until KS6.66 is delivered. Also getting new dwarvenite makes you crave even more of that sweet indestructible buildy goodness ..........
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:01 am

I think most people will have their stuff in January, but that may be a bit optimistic.

I cannot imagine there are THAT many EU backers or Asia backersso why is the factory taking 3 weeks or more to get those orders out? The sad thing is i wish they were shipping from the states, odd as that sounds as i might have gotten something by now.

To be fair most of my order is Dreadhollow, but Dreadhollow is about ready to go out in the USa, which is a month or more of transit time. That is why i get so upset waiting as China is just over the horizon here.

As for KSVII start, I think they also need to wait until KS 6.66 ships and at least Plaguestone is on the horizon, and yes, that probably means June or July. But they will probably do KSVII in Feb or March and end up with way too many irons in the fire.

MBCE
Orc
Orc

Post by MBCE » Sun Dec 08, 2019 12:57 am

I wonder if we'll see the next KS around June or July. Hear me out

1) With the delays of shipping KS6, there are still backers that have not gotten even one item yet. To start the next Kickstarter before at least 90% of the shipping has been completed would really upset people.

2) The Hellscape [Ks6.66] should begin shipping around April of 2020 puts back any start as well.

3) Finally, you have the fulfillment of the Pathfinder sets they have to get through.

All of these projects pushes things back a bit. Of course, I doubt they can afford waiting that long to launch as the biggest base of customers are located in the U.S.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:03 pm

Yeah, have DF run a big Ks starting every leap year. That would be good for me. Smaller other ones would work in between.

Return to “Pre-Kickstarter 7 Discussion”