Tree Houses

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Tree Houses

Post by dice4hire » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:40 pm

Build times is one reason I love 4x4 or larger tiles.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Cody N
Orc
Orc

Post by Cody N » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:35 pm

Talistran wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:19 pm

HEATHEN!

Water tiles 4Ever!
Sigh. Those old water and lava tiles... I look back and laugh, wondering what I ever saw in them.

The new lava looks bloody amazing, and I am sure there will be a similar water set soon.

I am very torn between beauty and function. With those killer new shorelines... negative space just makes so much sense. But is does slow down build times using them.

Talistran
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Talistran » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:19 pm

Cody N wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:12 pm
Talistran wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:00 pm

I am really hoping for Wildlands to include Tree Cities too. But... I think that they might best be saved until later.

DF could do KS8 as a City Builder expansion and include small village pieces for barns, farms, log cabins, etc... along stone architecture for more Dwarven Wall inserts... and then a tree village, walkway system, etc.

They could also do modular docks (they'd have to be a lot cheaper than the little dock in KS6 though).

I was surprised as the price on that dock.
Yep. Crazy expensive for the amount I want. Price has to give or I simply won't order any. The only reason I ordered a dock was because I got the Cavern Deep Deluxe pledge because I basically got Dreadhallow Encounter for free by doing so. I'd never buy the dock at the asking price in the KS, let alone whatever they charge at retail.
Rivers / Open water - probably negative space is best.
HEATHEN!

Water tiles 4Ever!

Cody N
Orc
Orc

Post by Cody N » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:12 pm

Talistran wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:00 pm

I am really hoping for Wildlands to include Tree Cities too. But... I think that they might best be saved until later.

DF could do KS8 as a City Builder expansion and include small village pieces for barns, farms, log cabins, etc... along stone architecture for more Dwarven Wall inserts... and then a tree village, walkway system, etc.

They could also do modular docks (they'd have to be a lot cheaper than the little dock in KS6 though).

I was surprised as the price on that dock.

The tree huts could very well be its own KS...just depends on how big DF is thinking of going for wildlands
Trees
forest floor tiles
Scatter terrain
Rivers / Open water - probably negative space is best.
Large set pieces
Terrain trays

That would be a pretty small scale KS.

Talistran
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Talistran » Fri Sep 06, 2019 6:00 pm

Cody N wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:14 pm
Those printable scenery pieces are incredible. Just checked the website. Amazing. Those are exactly what I want to be able to make, but more modular instead of large set pieces. Id like to be able to expand and make larger platforms and huts.

Cody N
Orc
Orc

Post by Cody N » Fri Sep 06, 2019 4:14 pm

Those printable scenery pieces are incredible. Just checked the website. Amazing. Those are exactly what I want to be able to make, but more modular instead of large set pieces. Id like to be able to expand and make larger platforms and huts.

marcoreds
Orc
Orc

Post by marcoreds » Wed Jul 24, 2019 9:45 pm

Hey guys, happy you like them!

I agree that having something along these lines in Dwarvenite would be very nice (these ones are pretty fragile, not something I would let a kid play with).
They are also pretty big though (as you can see by confronting the minis), so I do not know how much they would cost in Dwarvenite.

These ones I neither printed nor painted myself, I got them already printed and painted - on the site under every model there's an option to "get it printed", with links to licensed printers (there's quite a few in US).
I went with the only EU one in the list that had the models I wanted, the French one. The owner, mr. Alex, who is a very nice guy, also offers a painted option. They were not cheap, but I'm sure it took quite a while to print (0,20mm) AND paint them (and from the shown price you get some discount in general, and you could ask him for a greater "first painted purchase" discount - just ask him in chat if possible).

Cheers

Mitch
Orc
Orc

Post by Mitch » Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:58 pm

Riley wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:19 pm
I’m probably going to get one of these new modular treehouses, made by a rival company. They’re pretty expensive ($200 each!), and unfortunately cast in ABS plastic, but they are supremely modular/customizable! :)
The grid is fantastic on these. Sharp and clear. Definitely no grid-gate problems with these models. :lol:

DWChancellor
Ogre
Ogre

Post by DWChancellor » Wed Jul 24, 2019 6:33 pm

Keep in mind Marco's tree houses are probably hundreds of hours of print time (depending on the print settings) or pretty crude close up (look great though, ~0.12mm layers?). Some assembly too depending on how giant a printer was used. Then some real painting skill were applied.

[I'm considering getting those trees though, so cool! Might need to order a lot more Pokorny paint.]
DW, Chancellor of Valoria, Formally Privy Councilor of Valoria

Riley
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Riley » Wed Jul 24, 2019 5:00 pm

dice4hire wrote:
Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:36 pm
Does it match your aesthetic?
I’ll be honest: It’s probably not a great match for Dreadhollow out of the box. I could paint it to match, I suppose.

I’ve bought a lot of kits from this company before; they produce quality models, and it’ll fit in nicely with the others scattered around our house. I may not find much use for it on the gaming table, but it will look great on the shelf- until my son raids it for parts, at least. :)

Return to “Pre-Kickstarter 7 Discussion”