Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:56 pm
make a magnetic accessory Magic Mouth.

Yes!

Seraphis the Bland
Orc
Orc

Re: Wildlands Survey

Post by Seraphis the Bland » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:56 pm

Now that I hear everyone talking about the water fall, it sounds really good. I'm sold. I asked for a Hill on my survey. I'm not sure how they're going to do it without it appearing like a kind of Lego, Minecraft Hill. We'll see what they come up with. And hazards, 2x2 etc. And I continually encourage them to make a magnetic accessory Magic Mouth. We shall see!

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:19 pm

Tarhod wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:57 am
Rabbit Burner wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:14 am
Foliage is not removable on Dreadhollow trees.

Removable canopies was just the prototypes, thought DF we clear on this, but cannot pin point the exact point this was clarified.

6x6 is not a mistake 8x8 would be a mistake, for compatibility with other manufacturer outdoor terrain tiles, at least the ones we have :)

We might have asked for Water tiles, even if we are very happy they do not produce anymore, much rather they focus on new non water features. But it would make you lot happy and maybe, just maybe, stop talking about it ;)

We asked them to drop the word 'free' when talking about Stretch Goals.
I think that canopies are modular as the prototypes. In the Plaguestone videos, the first encounter has trees, and Nate showed how you could build a tree with different height with the canopies.
Welcome to the forums, Tarhod!

Yes, the trees are modular. You are correct! During Gencon last year however, the foliage on each trunk/branch section (especially the top one) had branches and foliage separate. The foliage will be attached to the branches of each section in the retail versions.
100 Resin and 237 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Tarhod
Kobold
Kobold

Post by Tarhod » Mon Sep 09, 2019 10:57 am

Rabbit Burner wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:14 am

Removable canopies was just the prototypes, thought DF we clear on this, but cannot pin point the exact point this was clarified.

6x6 is not a mistake 8x8 would be a mistake, for compatibility with other manufacturer outdoor terrain tiles, at least the ones we have :)

We might have asked for Water tiles, even if we are very happy they do not produce anymore, much rather they focus on new non water features. But it would make you lot happy and maybe, just maybe, stop talking about it ;)

I think that canopies are modular as the prototypes. In the Plaguestone videos, the first encounter has trees, and Nate showed how you could build a tree with different height with the canopies.

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:14 am

Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

Arcarius2001
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Arcarius2001 » Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:52 pm

electricmotorcycles wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:11 am
Szath01 wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:26 pm
I asked for country roads/paths, but now I’m wishing I had asked for the waterfall piece. I would get a ton of use out of a piece like that.
i asked for them to take me home to a place i belong, west Valoria...
Thanks for putting that song in my head!

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:20 pm

I asked Nate directly at GenCon last year.

The prototypes had canopies on top of the branches that came off. He said the factory ones will be glued together. I don't know the logistics of why, but I'm sure there's a reason; it's likely what Kodiakbear said.
100 Resin and 237 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:11 pm

My memories tell me the foliage will not be removable. Whether that is still true or not I have not heard.

I hope it is as it is a lot more modular that way, but if Df thinks the bare branches/supports are ugly they will hide them. Why they cannot design them to look good I do not know. I have seen kind of cheapie companies do a decent job of making removable foliage and they look decent if not great. I am sure DF could do better.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

kodiakbear
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kodiakbear » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:32 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:13 am
I'm still bummed the Dreadhollow tree prototypes had removable foliage but the real ones won't. :(
I do not remember anything saying the foliage was removable or would ever be, only that the prototypes were not glued together. I do remember that when people asked if the foliage would be removable they said no and even if it was the branches would not look like the end of branches but would look like connection points.

I am not saying you are wrong I just never remember removable foliage being an option give to us from the very start. Or are you saying the same thing I am.

Talistran
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Talistran » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:10 pm

Oldent wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:48 am
Talistran wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:29 am
AnimeSensei wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 11:13 am
I'm still bummed the Dreadhollow tree prototypes had removable foliage but the real ones won't. :(

What?!

The entire point of the tree system was that it was removable. W a s this just an announcement that I missed?
:?: Clarification :!: We don't need to go off on a tangent before we know what this means!!!!
Asking if it was an announcement is hardly problematic here

Return to “Pre-Kickstarter 7 Discussion”