Wildlands Survey

Szath01
Goblin
Goblin

Re: Wildlands Survey

Post by Szath01 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 10:54 pm

I’m ok with scatter terrain, but I don’t need DF battle maps. There are enough companies out there with good quality battle maps (or like some, one may want to print custom and put it under some plexi).

DF is about tiles for the most part, and I hope that even if they do come out with scatter terrain there is also the option to pick up enough tiles for whatever “biospheres” they take us to.

I dream of a full table coverage DF forest with tiles from edge to edge.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Mon Sep 16, 2019 4:07 pm

Rabbit Burner wrote:
Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:20 am
Our informants in Valoria tell us that KSVII will have much scatter terrain.
This should give us better ways of building swamps and more easily playable battlefields.

We can see using our banks for roads or paths through Dreadhollow forest ahead of some tiled ones in KSVII :)

And we have not seen any degradation of our Dwarvenite, apart from the odd bend or bow on floor tiles which is easily cured with some heavy books.
I hope with lots of scatter terrain the costs for coverage are down and that DF comes out with its own line of battle mats.
100 Resin and 237 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Mon Sep 16, 2019 8:20 am

Our informants in Valoria tell us that KSVII will have much scatter terrain.
This should give us better ways of building swamps and more easily playable battlefields.

We can see using our banks for roads or paths through Dreadhollow forest ahead of some tiled ones in KSVII :)

And we have not seen any degradation of our Dwarvenite, apart from the odd bend or bow on floor tiles which is easily cured with some heavy books.
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Mon Sep 16, 2019 6:49 am

I have had no paint wear or flaking issues with any dwarvenite I have painted.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

kodiakbear
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kodiakbear » Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:12 am

combs1ng wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:26 pm
Btw, have you had them for a long time? I assume you use them a lot, does the finish on them hold up well to constant use?
I have had them since KS4 fulfilled or just after that and yes they have seen a good amount of use. As for the finish, well, :oops: I have not painted any of my Dwarvenite yet so far so I really can not say much about that. I have so much fun setting up and playing with it when I have time, I never get around to painting it.

combs1ng
Orc
Orc

Post by combs1ng » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:28 pm

dice4hire wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 5:35 pm
Who really knows what foamcore will be as DF probably does not really know and has no actual samples in hand now. I hope they are durable, and they should be, but what design on yop is probably still totally up in the air.

Unfortunately with DF recently, when they ship and people have them in hand, you will know.
I agree, I knew I was asking a difficult question since no one has had the foamcore yet. Guess I wanted to hear the testimonies on the quality of the mountain floors more then anything.
"The price of wisdom is eternal thought." - Frank Birch

combs1ng
Orc
Orc

Post by combs1ng » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:26 pm

kodiakbear wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 11:19 pm
combs1ng wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:11 pm
kodiakbear wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:01 am

They are really great.

I would love DF to do a more textured version, no where as textured as the 6x6 KS6 cavern floor but more textured.
I didn't realize they sold just these large floors by themselves! :o (thought they were only in the Erinthor set). I see a lot of stellar comments about their look and utility. Does anyone think the foamcore risers will be a cost saving alternative? Or would many of you still prefer the Dwarvenite aspect of a tougher surface? I am curious of everyone's thoughts over these as I am seriously debating whether to order about three or four sets.
How much do I like these large floors you ask. I have 24 of them.

I think I may not have the most or so I keep telling myself to keep from admitting I have a problem.
Well...I don't think there is any better way to express your satisfaction :lol: Btw, have you had them for a long time? I assume you use them a lot, does the finish on them hold up well to constant use?

combs1ng
Orc
Orc

Post by combs1ng » Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:23 pm

pacarat wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:44 pm
combs1ng wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:11 pm
kodiakbear wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 1:01 am

They are really great.

I would love DF to do a more textured version, no where as textured as the 6x6 KS6 cavern floor but more textured.
I didn't realize they sold just these large floors by themselves! :o (thought they were only in the Erinthor set). I see a lot of stellar comments about their look and utility. Does anyone think the foamcore risers will be a cost saving alternative? Or would many of you still prefer the Dwarvenite aspect of a tougher surface? I am curious of everyone's thoughts over these as I am seriously debating whether to order about three or four sets.
Unless they have some kind of protective coating (more than just a printed surface), my thinking is that they will wear over time, as heavier dwarvenite and/or resin gets pushed around on them. If it were a printed mouse pad type material layered on top surface then it would be durable. IMO, YMMV, IANAL, etc.
Good Point Pacarat! I may just wait and see since i am getting some foamcore pieces in my Plaguestone set.

93x74R
Orc
Orc

Post by 93x74R » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:31 pm

Rhizom wrote:
Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:06 am
@93x74R, I have the feeling that you missed that DF introduced forest banks in the CD pledge manager. Right?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/cNfKJSGcS7LnZxwK6

Because these banks fulfill everything you are looking for.
No, I was fully aware of the banks added in the pledge manager. I ended up not going for them as I thought they were still rather square looking although by that point in the campaign the extra cost was a big issue as well. What I would like to see (more wallet doom!) is 6x6 45 degree and 180 degree curve pieces in VII. When combined with the coming Dreadhollow pieces these would enable much more organic shaped copse. Just like Caverns lacked a good 45 degree wall option and natural looking curves, something that DF fixed brilliantly in VI, I hope that they add better curves in 6x6 forest edge tiles. If the curved tiles have trees on the inside angle even better.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Sun Sep 15, 2019 4:56 am

I am getting two banks so affording DF should be easy from now on......

Oh, not those banks.

I am getting two forest banks, one painted and one not. (I did that with a lot of my forest from CD) so i am hoping they work well.

I have so far resisted any other banks, wanting to see them in person first. Luckily my friend here in Japan is getting a bunch with CD and Hellscape.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Return to “Pre-Kickstarter 7 Discussion”