I'm Just Going to Leave This Here...

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: I'm Just Going to Leave This Here...

Post by dice4hire » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:38 am

CaptCook wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:52 pm
This is extremely cool. Thanks for the photos. Though it just makes me really wish I got a boat (or two for some flexibility). This was my first DF Kickstarter and can't believe some of the decisions I made in the moment that seemed like a good idea at the time. Budget? What budget. Having a budget was one of the mistakes. Surely I have something I could have pawned.
I certainly would have spent my money a bit differently if I were to redo it, but overall i am happy. I skipped the boat, and do not regret it. I always have some kind of regret every Ks. And not just Df KSes either.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

kodiakbear
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kodiakbear » Mon Dec 02, 2019 10:01 pm

Rabbit Burner wrote:
Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:22 am
Also they do not offer items that they already have in store.

So we do not expect DF to provide just Boat accessories, or add the boat to KS7.
While this is very true in the past, nothing says DF can not ROCK THE FREE WORLD and do it in the future.

I miss Shadox.

CaptCook
Goblin
Goblin

Post by CaptCook » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:52 pm

This is extremely cool. Thanks for the photos. Though it just makes me really wish I got a boat (or two for some flexibility). This was my first DF Kickstarter and can't believe some of the decisions I made in the moment that seemed like a good idea at the time. Budget? What budget. Having a budget was one of the mistakes. Surely I have something I could have pawned.

zenako
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by zenako » Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:59 am

Well, I have to admit I did play around with adding "pole accessories" to the Boat. This Dwarven Run About is powered by the air elemental in the rear, and appears to be ready for all comers.
Attachments
Dwarven Pleasure Craft
Dwarven Pleasure Craft
Dwarven Pleasure Craft - Runabout.jpg (49.02 KiB) Viewed 822 times

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:29 am

I would not mind a far smaller one on the same basic template.

Lots of smaller boat options out there, or even similar size but different design.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:22 am

Love the boat - thanks for the picture Talistran :)

got two of these babies floating our way.

Two things to remember with a DF KS is that everything they put in it is standalone for that KS. They always aim to make it compatible with previous KS sculpts, pole accessories, doors etc.

Also they do not offer items that they already have in store.

So we do not expect DF to provide just Boat accessories, or add the boat to KS7.

What they might do is offer a pole accessory pack, if it includes existing items then it maybe in the PM only or a new pack in store.
They may offer a new boat which would hopefully be compatible with the CD boat, but is it worth creating a new boat? probably not :(
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

Talistran
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Talistran » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:41 pm

Seraphis the Bland wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:30 am
Hey DF! Now that I'm enjoying my boats from KS5, I kinda wish I had one of those arbalests that you kept putting on the prow of your boat in test shots (maybe was it in a video?). How about throwing one of those super cool arbalests in one of your KS7 encounters so those of us without a Castle won't go hungry for it?! :) Thx DF.
You mean this, yes? :)

kodiakbear
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kodiakbear » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:30 pm

Seraphis the Bland wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:30 am
Hey DF! Now that I'm enjoying my boats from KS5, I kinda wish I had one of those arbalests that you kept putting on the prow of your boat in test shots (maybe was it in a video?). How about throwing one of those super cool arbalests in one of your KS7 encounters so those of us without a Castle won't go hungry for it?! :) Thx DF.
I think you meant boats from KS6.

I am hoping enough people did/will get the boats, that in KS7 they will add a mast section and other sections/accessories for the boat. The more modular they make the boat more worth the cost it is.

Seraphis the Bland
Orc
Orc

I'm Just Going to Leave This Here...

Post by Seraphis the Bland » Sun Dec 01, 2019 10:30 am

Return to “Pre-Kickstarter 7 Discussion”