Previews until June/juli ks

Eric Zimmer
Goblin
Goblin

Previews until June/juli ks

Post by Eric Zimmer » Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:12 am

So...
With the understandable postponement of ks7 to juni or juli I hope we see a lot more previews
to keep the hype train rolling.
I know that a lot of people are (getting) in financial trouble right now and the budget will be tight for ks7.
So I´d love to see some extended previews in the next weeks.
Most of ks7 should be ready or at least nearly ready to show. (regarding the old ks date of end of april).

I know that Dwarven Forge normally doesn´t do ks preview pages (we talked about it once), but these aren´t normal times...
If ks7 is again encounter based, maybe the dwarfs can show and preview us one encounter a week (starting may).
So we would see 4-6 encounters beforehand.
A ks preview page with the estimated pricing would also be helpful.I know the prices can change a bit in 1-2 month,
but a least we could plan finances a bit. If you don´t want to spoil yourselfs you could ignore said preview page..

I would just love to see more beans than usually :roll:

Eric

zenako
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Previews until June/juli ks

Post by zenako » Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:41 am

If you can, and have the time, watch their (DF) twitch shows on Tuesday and Wednesday/Thursday. Nate tends to drop a lot of insight and hints at times in response to questions during the stream. It probably will be hard to get much more than that for a while. Also, with the actual launch date so fuzzy, much harder to time effective previews with more specifics.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:03 am

We have already seen a lot more of Wildlands than other KSes in my opinion, especially on Twitch. I am pretty happy with how much has already been revealed.

... and I am one who usually complains about a lack of information. :)
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

lostpict
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by lostpict » Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:09 pm

I like the snippets. What I would really like is a better idea of what is planned. Dungeons, Caverns, Cities, Castle, Mountains, are all very descriptive. Wildlands is pretty much everything in between. So is this a forest and swamp kickstarter or a great more? I also wonder if it is primarily to focus on scatter terrain or tiles. I wish that DF would embrace not just terrain tiles, but also matching game mats. Just curious.
Regards,

LostPict, Lord High Undertaker of Valoria
Little Men blog - sfdfsfd.wordpress.com

pacarat
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by pacarat » Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:26 pm

dice4hire wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 9:03 am
We have already seen a lot more of Wildlands than other KSes in my opinion, especially on Twitch. I am pretty happy with how much has already been revealed.

... and I am one who usually complains about a lack of information. :)
I agree... having a heads up is great, and I love the background info on creative/design processes.

GriffinMace
Goblin
Goblin

Post by GriffinMace » Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:32 pm

Hey all!
We are trying to give as much insight to the future on our Twitch channel without giving to much away. We still want to make the launch date feel exciting and new, but thought it would be important to show you guys what goes on behind the scenes, as well as previews for what to look forward to.
That being said, we do actually build some of the pieces we intend to make on the On The Anvil stream on Wednesday nights at 7 PM EST. During this show a lot of people offer insight and suggestions. It's cool to be able to interact in this way, and hopefully makes your voices be heard.
The forum can be hard because it doesn't feel as immediate as a livestream that lasts a couple hours. We have them available on our page to watch after the fact, if timing is also an issue.
twitch.tv/dwarvenforgelive
The stream is still going strong even with the current shelter in place order. Though the company is now separated into our homes, we want to make sure that we are still going full steam ahead on KS Wildlands. This means a lot of conference calls, and a lot of work from home studios.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:21 pm

GriffinMace wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:32 pm
Hey all!
We are trying to give as much insight to the future on our Twitch channel without giving to much away. We still want to make the launch date feel exciting and new, but thought it would be important to show you guys what goes on behind the scenes, as well as previews for what to look forward to.
That being said, we do actually build some of the pieces we intend to make on the On The Anvil stream on Wednesday nights at 7 PM EST. During this show a lot of people offer insight and suggestions. It's cool to be able to interact in this way, and hopefully makes your voices be heard.
The forum can be hard because it doesn't feel as immediate as a livestream that lasts a couple hours. We have them available on our page to watch after the fact, if timing is also an issue.
twitch.tv/dwarvenforgelive
The stream is still going strong even with the current shelter in place order. Though the company is now separated into our homes, we want to make sure that we are still going full steam ahead on KS Wildlands. This means a lot of conference calls, and a lot of work from home studios.
Just wanted to give feedback that I think your bean spillage is at a good rate so far. :) Keep it up!
100 Resin and 237 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:01 am

I'm tired of fuzzy screen grabs from the videos/streams posted here by us Trogs. It's O.K. (thanks all), but...
I'm sure others (like me) don't have the (...whatever...) to watch your videos/streams.

So, could you (DWARVEN FORGE) please post something/anything (picture,text, whatever) on YOUR FORUM. :D

If you don't use those other places, it seems like D.F. has over the last few years said, sod-off to old farts over there.
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

kodiakbear
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kodiakbear » Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:24 am

GriffinMace wrote:
Tue Mar 31, 2020 1:32 pm
Hey all!
We are trying to give as much insight to the future on our Twitch channel without giving to much away.
William wrote:
Wed Apr 01, 2020 12:01 am
I'm tired of fuzzy screen grabs from the videos/streams posted here by us Trogs. it seems like D.F. has over the last few years said, sod-off to old farts over there.[/b][/size]
While I have to work during the Twitch Live events I do get to watch them later but I have to agree with William.

Even if we try to get screen shots and post them here on the forum they are often fuzzy, it would really be nice if someone at DF could take some good pictures of the items that are shown on the Twitch Live events and post them here.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Wed Apr 01, 2020 1:03 am

I thought Stefan banned all the DF peeps from here for spilling beans... :D
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Return to “Pre-Kickstarter 7 Discussion”