Previews until June/juli ks

arsthein
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Previews until June/juli ks

Post by arsthein » Wed Apr 01, 2020 3:17 am

I concur with what William and Kodiakbear have said.

I just don't want to spend all that time with the streams (which I couldn't watch live anyway) just to have some beans.

If you are going to spill some, it's great that people can see them live talking with the crew, but the forum should get some love, just some simple pictures of what's revealed elsewhere would be enough. Or put a gallery in the front page.

I understand if you want to give your streaming channel the exclusive to attract attention, but at least give us something here or in the front page several days after the stream, I wouldn't mind that.

Just my 2 cents,

Paladin in Hell
Orc
Orc

Post by Paladin in Hell » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:32 pm

Tonight's Twitch was full of beans - it showed off so many new bank pieces for swamps. Its worth a watch if you want to see them - they are gonna be awesome! I wasn't able to do any grabs to share.

zenako
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by zenako » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:51 pm

Nate mentioned at the end he planned to take some pictures of that final build with a bunch of the beans in it and I can only hope they get posted somewhere.

period3
Ogre
Ogre

Post by period3 » Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:57 am

Add my voice to those asking for pictures posted here. I don't have the time or much interest to watch a 1-2 hour stream. I love that you're doing it and I trust the feedback you get from some of the DFers here is helpful, but it's just not the kind of thing I'm into.

But I do like me some beans.

Another option would be a 15m summary video. The twitch streams are too long.

zenako
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by zenako » Thu Apr 02, 2020 9:08 am

period3 wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 8:57 am
But I do like me some beans.

Another option would be a 15m summary video. The twitch streams are too long.
Thanks, but without any real sports to watch, various live twitch streams are taking their place. One issue following the streams, is that since they are more or less unscripted, it can be rather chaotic and fluid at times, and he does not specifically spend time showcasing new parts unless it is part of the waterfall brainstorming sessions. Biggest take away from last night is they have prototypes of quite a number of new shapes for banks. Some of them are large 6x6 footprint, but with a more or less diagonal front to create the angled water so many have asked for. There were bank swells, going from matching a since bank width on one end to 6" later matching a 3" wide tile plus a bank width. Swells going in both directions. Better single piece outside corner tiles that wrap around, perhaps like some of the designs in hellscape now that I think about it. He showed a leafless tree (spooky?).

One clever thing was taking two docks and joining them side to side by putting some pins into the holes where the dock posts normally go, and then you have a 4x4 platform that could support a house on stilts for a swamp. Unlike some of the west coast based twitch broadcasters I follow, the DF streams begin and end at reasonable times for someone on the East coast like they are.

zenako
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by zenako » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:34 am

Go to the hints teasers and beans threads for a bunch of screengrabs that Pacarat made of the beans from last night. He did a great job trying to capture a fast-moving target.

viewtopic.php?f=68&t=10638

pacarat
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by pacarat » Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:43 am

zenako wrote:
Thu Apr 02, 2020 10:34 am
Go to the hints teasers and beans threads for a bunch of screengrabs that Pacarat made of the beans from last night. He did a great job trying to capture a fast-moving target.
Between the speed of Nate’s hands and that mop of a mohawk in the overhead cam, yeah it was a challenge.. :P

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:40 am

As a good friend of ours would say about this:

"If you want beans but cannot find the time to watch the Twitch channel for them, then you do not want them enough." ;)

DF are showing far more beans for this KS than any other and even if you don't watch the streams Doofers are posting images, so your getting much much more.

Two things to note:
1 we have never craved beans - we prefer the surprise of the KS launch
2 not had our first morning Coffee and this working from home is throwing our routine all out of whack and we are not used to it yet, so feeling salty.
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

arsthein
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by arsthein » Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:11 am

It shouldn't have to take several hours of potentially unrelated stuff to get some beans... no SKU's excuses this time... XD

Pd: Also working from home for the first time...

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Fri Apr 03, 2020 2:18 pm

arsthein wrote:
Fri Apr 03, 2020 6:11 am
It shouldn't have to take several hours of potentially unrelated stuff to get some beans... no SKU's excuses this time... XD

Pd: Also working from home for the first time...
Will politely disagree with the first point, as others do it for you and post images, but only because while I like to see previews it does no matter to us :)

The second one we hear loud and clear.
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

Return to “Pre-Kickstarter 7 Discussion”