Pathfinder 2nd Ed DF pieces

We’ve had the pleasure of working with the team at Paizo to create a series of licensed sets for Pathfinder 2nd Edition. The sets – four exciting new Encounters - were specifically designed for the inaugural module The Fall of Plaguestone.
combs1ng
Orc
Orc

Re: Pathfinder 2nd Ed DF pieces

Post by combs1ng » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:18 am

Rhizom wrote:
Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:49 pm
I also started with DF in KS5, but in the meantime my addiction drove me to buy nearly all terrain types from shop and eBay. So I only got in for the new pieces.

I think I like the piece counts and relation of piece counts in the original add-on sets (and also in the add-ons in this presage) much better than the ones in the PF encounters
Can you elaborate a little? When you say "original add-on" do you mean the add-ons in Dreadhollow as opposed to the addons in Plaguestone? What sets come to mind when you mention piece counts?
"The price of wisdom is eternal thought." - Frank Birch

Rhizom
Orc
Orc

Post by Rhizom » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:49 pm

I also started with DF in KS5, but in the meantime my addiction drove me to buy nearly all terrain types from shop and eBay. So I only got in for the new pieces.

I think I like the piece counts and relation of piece counts in the original add-on sets (and also in the add-ons in this presage) much better than the ones in the PF encounters
Rhizom, Creeping Rootstalks of Valoria

combs1ng
Orc
Orc

Post by combs1ng » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:14 am

gwhansen wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:16 pm
AnderDan wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:53 am
Since we started collecting Dwarven Forge after Kickstarter 6 ended, we didn't have any caverns or mountains. So we went in pretty deep for Plaguestone since it was a nice way to get a little bit of a few different environments. We ended up preordering:

Area 1 – Glen of Mutant Plants (painted)
Area 2 – Mountain Pen (painted)
Area 3 – Cavernous Alchemy Lab (painted)
Sinister Workshop Pack (painted)
Thorn Wall Pack (painted)

Spring is gonna be like a second Christmas when Plaguestone and Hellscape ship. Though the waiting sucks lol
I just went with add-on packs but I do believe Plaguestone has a nice selection of pieces. I think it makes a great starting point! I kind of wish they had something similar when I started collecting.
I went ahead and ordered the whole set as I came into DF during the DoD KS. This was a great starter set to add a little bit of everything I have so far. I also added a couple extra bramble and cages packs.
"The price of wisdom is eternal thought." - Frank Birch

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:28 am

They gotta exist first.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Tue Sep 10, 2019 2:44 am

Talistran wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:16 pm
dice4hire wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:30 pm
I would also like to take that position. I'll bet a free stretch goal.
I see your free stretch goal and raise you an expertly hand-painted pair of free stretch goals. ;)
if you can guarentee that they will arrive soon - we will take you up on that ;)
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:29 pm

OOOOOOOHHHHH we are getting serious here.

Talistran
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Talistran » Mon Sep 09, 2019 7:16 pm

dice4hire wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:30 pm
I see your free stretch goal and raise you an expertly hand-painted pair of free stretch goals. ;)

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GardenDM » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:47 pm

Hold up, I thought DF already publicly confirmed they won't start KS7 in January? Or am I reading too much into their recent statement on this?

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Mon Sep 09, 2019 6:30 pm

Talistran
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Talistran » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:06 pm

Rabbit Burner wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:12 am
We would be surprised if they bumped KS7 further - IE not starting in Jan 2020.

We know in April that sculpting work was being done on KS7 with the then current expectation of a late 2019 launch.

Not keen on a Jan KS but only because it is so soon after Christmas. So no real objection to a later KS other than it will mean a later delivery and we have to wait longer to play with it.

Having everything ready prior to the start of the KS means the creative team will be more involved in working on future projects and therefore enthusiasm may drop off for the current KS and subsequent changes become harder.

These can be minor drawbacks, but are they worth the benefit of having everything ready before the KS. Especially when you know backers are going to want more ;)

Pretty sure DF know the best time that suits their workforce, funding requirements and factory window availability. So we will not argue if they change up or carry on as they have been doing on previous Kickstarters.
Shall we place a friendly wager on KS7 starting in January? I say that there is 0% chance of it starting in January. :)

Return to “Pathfinder Sets - Plaguestone”