Pathfinder 2nd Ed DF pieces

We’ve had the pleasure of working with the team at Paizo to create a series of licensed sets for Pathfinder 2nd Edition. The sets – four exciting new Encounters - were specifically designed for the inaugural module The Fall of Plaguestone.
Talistran
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: Pathfinder 2nd Ed DF pieces

Post by Talistran » Mon Sep 09, 2019 3:06 pm

Rabbit Burner wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:12 am
We would be surprised if they bumped KS7 further - IE not starting in Jan 2020.

We know in April that sculpting work was being done on KS7 with the then current expectation of a late 2019 launch.

Not keen on a Jan KS but only because it is so soon after Christmas. So no real objection to a later KS other than it will mean a later delivery and we have to wait longer to play with it.

Having everything ready prior to the start of the KS means the creative team will be more involved in working on future projects and therefore enthusiasm may drop off for the current KS and subsequent changes become harder.

These can be minor drawbacks, but are they worth the benefit of having everything ready before the KS. Especially when you know backers are going to want more ;)

Pretty sure DF know the best time that suits their workforce, funding requirements and factory window availability. So we will not argue if they change up or carry on as they have been doing on previous Kickstarters.
Shall we place a friendly wager on KS7 starting in January? I say that there is 0% chance of it starting in January. :)

Gargs454
Orc
Orc

Post by Gargs454 » Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:45 pm

As the bunnies say, DF definitely will be aware of all the risks of any given KS date. For me, the issue of having everything ready before the start of the KS and thus running the risk of "losing enthusiasm" isn't really there. Personally, I think that the big thing having all the sculpts already done would bring is a firmer timeline for the factory. It would allow them in that case to pretty much immediately place the order following the close of the pledge manager, and not have to worry about continuing to modify the sculpts. Potentially (I'm guessing here) it might even allow them to diagnose problems with certain sculpts before hand and thus not run into that issue either (I seem to recall the elevation boxes going through a few revisions before they finally settled on a design for instance).

For me, having DF be able to pretty much hit their designated ship date would be very good. I don't mind the amount of turnaround as long as I know its going to be relatively close to the stated time. It could potentially also help DF with future deadlines for future kickstarters. (i.e. knowing they will hit KS7 ship date, they can they require all KS8 sculpts by Day Y which will then allow KS8 to start on Day Z).

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Mon Sep 09, 2019 11:12 am

We would be surprised if they bumped KS7 further - IE not starting in Jan 2020.

We know in April that sculpting work was being done on KS7 with the then current expectation of a late 2019 launch.

Not keen on a Jan KS but only because it is so soon after Christmas. So no real objection to a later KS other than it will mean a later delivery and we have to wait longer to play with it.

Having everything ready prior to the start of the KS means the creative team will be more involved in working on future projects and therefore enthusiasm may drop off for the current KS and subsequent changes become harder.

These can be minor drawbacks, but are they worth the benefit of having everything ready before the KS. Especially when you know backers are going to want more ;)

Pretty sure DF know the best time that suits their workforce, funding requirements and factory window availability. So we will not argue if they change up or carry on as they have been doing on previous Kickstarters.
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

kodiakbear
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kodiakbear » Mon Sep 09, 2019 12:04 am

If DF is going to return to simpler KS like KS2 and KS3 then a March start for each year's KS is good for me.

Talistran
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Talistran » Sun Sep 08, 2019 10:24 pm

I agree they should wait until at least June... Factory schedule being a potential problem they have cited in the past.

Personally, I would rather they wait until March 2021 vs try to shove it together in March 2020. But I think Summer or Fall 2020 is a good spot for KS7. I REALLY think that DF needs to get a handle on their KSes and have it ALL ready before they launch... and then they can tweak things with full effort DURING the KS for things that need tweaking or sculpted.

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GardenDM » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:29 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:54 pm
GardenDM wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:46 pm
During check-out, I realized these are scheduled to ship in March, 2020. I love the short timeline on this one compared to the typical KS!
And as this is a presale instead of Kickstarter, I would wager they know people will be less forgiving with delivering late. I'd guess these are being produced adjacent to KS6.66 stuff and will shipping at the same time. (Both ship in April as per https://dwarvenforge.com/plaguestone-presale-help/) And if they had to prioritize one, I'd put my money on Plaguestone so they don't risk making Paizo angry.
Good points. And since I jumped here from the "Late July" thread, I'm thinking ideally DF should wait until June to start KS7.

This would ensure that everyone has had some time to play with KS6, 6.66, and even Plaguestone to see how they all work together (and with Erinthor, etc.) so that we can make well informed decisions on KS7 (negative space vs tiles, scatter, how many and what banks, light trays, terrain trays, etc.). This is of course assuming that KS7 pulls tricks from all of the previous KSers and is meant to integrate nicely with them.

gwhansen
Goblin
Goblin

Post by gwhansen » Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:16 pm

AnderDan wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:53 am
Since we started collecting Dwarven Forge after Kickstarter 6 ended, we didn't have any caverns or mountains. So we went in pretty deep for Plaguestone since it was a nice way to get a little bit of a few different environments. We ended up preordering:

Area 1 – Glen of Mutant Plants (painted)
Area 2 – Mountain Pen (painted)
Area 3 – Cavernous Alchemy Lab (painted)
Sinister Workshop Pack (painted)
Thorn Wall Pack (painted)

Spring is gonna be like a second Christmas when Plaguestone and Hellscape ship. Though the waiting sucks lol
I just went with add-on packs but I do believe Plaguestone has a nice selection of pieces. I think it makes a great starting point! I kind of wish they had something similar when I started collecting.

AnderDan
Kobold
Kobold

Post by AnderDan » Sun Sep 08, 2019 12:53 am

Since we started collecting Dwarven Forge after Kickstarter 6 ended, we didn't have any caverns or mountains. So we went in pretty deep for Plaguestone since it was a nice way to get a little bit of a few different environments. We ended up preordering:

Area 1 – Glen of Mutant Plants (painted)
Area 2 – Mountain Pen (painted)
Area 3 – Cavernous Alchemy Lab (painted)
Sinister Workshop Pack (painted)
Thorn Wall Pack (painted)

Spring is gonna be like a second Christmas when Plaguestone and Hellscape ship. Though the waiting sucks lol

Law
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Law » Thu Aug 29, 2019 6:08 am

AnimeSensei wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:54 pm
GardenDM wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 6:46 pm
During check-out, I realized these are scheduled to ship in March, 2020. I love the short timeline on this one compared to the typical KS!
And as this is a presale instead of Kickstarter, I would wager they know people will be less forgiving with delivering late. I'd guess these are being produced adjacent to KS6.66 stuff and will shipping at the same time. (Both ship in April as per https://dwarvenforge.com/plaguestone-presale-help/) And if they had to prioritize one, I'd put my money on Plaguestone so they don't risk making Paizo angry.
I think a big issue here is the amount of tooling that’s already been done. The majority of pieces have already been worked out so the molds and tooling already exists - heck, they may have even made extra pieces already in anticipation. The ones that are new seem simple enough that it shouldn’t be a problem. I suppose curved cages could prove tricky. But hedges and plants aren’t huge complex pieces with moving parts etc. which seem to be the kind of thing that can gum up the works. So this was designed to be a small and efficient set - and huzzah to that!

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:08 am

I have ten mountain 8x8 floors (plus 4x4s) right now so the mountain terrain tray was less needed.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Return to “Pathfinder Sets - Plaguestone”