Pathfinder 2nd Ed DF pieces

We’ve had the pleasure of working with the team at Paizo to create a series of licensed sets for Pathfinder 2nd Edition. The sets – four exciting new Encounters - were specifically designed for the inaugural module The Fall of Plaguestone.
scott102303
Orc
Orc

Re: Pathfinder 2nd Ed DF pieces

Post by scott102303 » Thu Aug 01, 2019 9:09 am

Pre-sale is up and some pics on the news portion of DF site:

https://dwarvenforge.com/plaguestone-presale-help/

Free US shipping is thru 8/5 only.

Seraphis the Bland
Orc
Orc

Post by Seraphis the Bland » Thu Aug 01, 2019 1:16 am

I'm really excited by seeing shelves somehow embedded into the plinth. Is that possible with the shelves from the town sets? or is that new? I also noticed the little table next to the sacrifice looks like it has an axe sticking up from it. Hmmm....

Pizzabagel
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Pizzabagel » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:30 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:49 pm
Pizzabagel wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 3:33 pm
My wallet screams...NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAUUUGHHHHHHHH!!!!!

...But my heart, which loves Dwarven forge, is very excited!

Your wallet is screaming Noah?

Must be the FLOOD of dwarvenite coming!
Ironic/appropriate, since I just dropped $1k on 2 resin lake and 2 resin river sets...

nielsene
Ogre
Ogre

Post by nielsene » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:48 pm

Size wise I think it felt about 4'x4', but mainly because the effective use of negative space for the two outdoor portions. The DoD portion felt smaller that the other sections but probably a similar piece count, just more dense.

nielsene
Ogre
Ogre

Post by nielsene » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:44 pm

Saw Selina and Toby setting up the display in the Pathfinder Society room, it looks great. Very, very nice mix of pieces for the set. Outdoor/mini-dreadhallow with some custom monsters, negative space erinthor outdoor canyon w/ the curved cages, interior cavern, DoD. Four environments all looked 'beginner' sized sets with good flexibility. Need to see prices, would suspect all 4 to be a bit beyond what newcomers might want, but looks like a very affordable offering for first timers. I know I'll be pre-ordering it a soon as I get a break from GMing. (Might not be until Friday and the forum game... my only break all week)

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GardenDM » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:34 pm

Here's a linked version at higher resolution.

You may need to right click, "open image in new tab" to see it in full resolution.

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GardenDM » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:32 pm

More pictoral goodness liberated from FB.
PF Closeup.jpg
PF Closeup.jpg (76.69 KiB) Viewed 443 times

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:29 pm

Yeah, I think their timing in 2019 to be honest is really not good. I know they don't set all of the schedules, but we had KS6.66, then a week after that we had Destination Fantastic launch, then 2 weeks after that the webstore restock, then a week and a half after that the Pathfinder 2 sets, then a couple weeks after that we have the KS6.66 pledge manager. Then we've also been warned that KS7 is on the horizon, we're told to save our pennies all while putting new products out for us to purchase. Oh, and lots of people go to GenCon during this window as well. It's too much at once and with KS7 it's conflicting strategies.

I realize they need cash flow, and smaller sets more often help the wallet burden, but they need to spread them out better. This isn't any different on our wallets than a large kickstarter in the small timeframe. They would squeeze more money out of us if they could space the purchase windows out more.
102 Resin and 232 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Timcz83
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Timcz83 » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:15 pm

Well it is 10am EST. Guess I’ll have to find out when I wake up tomorrow morning here in Australia.

And to think I thought my wallet was prepared for hellscape PM, but now it’s probably gunna hurt again.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:33 pm

Well 10 a.m. August first is only 2 and a half hours away for me. I'll let you know what it all is!!!!!

I assume DF is not putting their own time zone above all the others.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Return to “Pathfinder Sets - Plaguestone”