Pathfinder 2nd Ed DF pieces

We’ve had the pleasure of working with the team at Paizo to create a series of licensed sets for Pathfinder 2nd Edition. The sets – four exciting new Encounters - were specifically designed for the inaugural module The Fall of Plaguestone.
kodiakbear
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Pathfinder 2nd Ed DF pieces

Post by kodiakbear » Mon May 20, 2019 3:13 pm

Very true.

If you want to use one or two things out of a book but not the rest or just spells but not classes it is less easy than just leaving the book on the back shelf.

Gargs454
Orc
Orc

Post by Gargs454 » Mon May 20, 2019 10:19 am

dice4hire wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 2:48 am
I really agree with this. Kitchen sink games can get old quick, especially when some people like using/abusing the rules and others in the group do not.
Having a group that understands the importance of everyone having fun is pretty key. I ran a 4ed game in a game store and so, allowed everything from official WotC sources (wanted to help the store with sales, etc.). There were some oddball choices in there, but fortunately my group was pretty good about keeping things largely in check. Biggest issue was with the healer who got somewhat out of hand.

My current PF game though, I did limit the source books that could be used initially, mainly because I was still learning the system. We still have some odd combos, but ironically, for a very experienced group, they still tend to be a bit underpowered compared to most groups I've been in. They tend to stress character more than pure power.

Bottom line, just because a system has a ton of books doesn't mean you have to use them all.

Arbados
Orc
Orc

Post by Arbados » Sun May 19, 2019 3:30 am

I love the idea of a circular prison! Awesome idea! Of course price will make the difference with purchase as it always does - not cheap but looking at value to me and my game!

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Sun May 19, 2019 2:48 am

I really agree with this. Kitchen sink games can get old quick, especially when some people like using/abusing the rules and others in the group do not.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

kodiakbear
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kodiakbear » Sun May 19, 2019 12:04 am

AnimeSensei wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 5:33 pm
My players really like PF but I like 5E. I like them not having a million books with feats/races/classes to break the game, but I have a few who like the options, even though they aren't munchkins per-se.
I wish RPG makers would stop doing books but do high quality binder pages with races, classes on two or four page spreads then as a DM/GM/gaming group you could take your worlds races and classes and put them in a game world players binder so you could have a book with only the things you wanted and not have to have the cherished but stupid race/class or the stupid new crap race shown. I have had my players play some really weird races/classes but that does not mean I wish to have all the race/class of the moment in a players book.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Fri May 17, 2019 5:33 pm

My players really like PF but I like 5E. I like them not having a million books with feats/races/classes to break the game, but I have a few who like the options, even though they aren't munchkins per-se.
100 Resin and 237 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Szath01
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Szath01 » Fri May 17, 2019 4:51 pm

The system may be awesome, I just can’t see moving over. I like Pathfinder 1E, but if I’m leaving the D&D system I’m leaving completely. Golarion is a decent world, but I don’t love it enough to change systems over it.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Fri May 17, 2019 4:45 pm

Riley wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 11:25 am
dice4hire wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 3:05 am
I was really not anticipating new pieces for Pathfinder, just new configurations of existing stuff, like Pathfinder itself.

joking, Im joking.
My, it’s hot in here all of a sudden.
🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
I am glad I am insulated somewhat by 8000 miles of ocean
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

geekjeff
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by geekjeff » Fri May 17, 2019 4:44 pm

Riley wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 11:25 am
dice4hire wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 3:05 am
I was really not anticipating new pieces for Pathfinder, just new configurations of existing stuff, like Pathfinder itself.

joking, Im joking.
My, it’s hot in here all of a sudden.
🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥
Soon after Pathfinder 2 releases, it will officially be time for Pathfinder Grodnards to preach the true gospel of 3.5++ and all the edition wars will collapse into a point of cosmic singularity.

There’s some neat ideas in Pathfinder 2! People are going to love hating it.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Fri May 17, 2019 11:30 am

Pro tip: Put your existing metal bars in hot water and bend them to make a circle like this one.

(No, really don't.)
100 Resin and 237 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Return to “Pathfinder Sets - Plaguestone”