What happens next

We’ve had the pleasure of working with the team at Paizo to create a series of licensed sets for Pathfinder 2nd Edition. The sets – four exciting new Encounters - were specifically designed for the inaugural module The Fall of Plaguestone.
AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: What happens next

Post by AnimeSensei » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:05 pm

I'd rather get my stuff later than DF push to get stuff done and put workers at risk of exposure if someone shows up to work sick. :(
100 Resin and 237 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Oldent
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Oldent » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:01 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:49 am
Nate confirmed it has affected Plaguestone as well.
I think it is safe to say that :(
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:49 am

Nate confirmed it has affected Plaguestone as well.
100 Resin and 237 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

nielsene
Ogre
Ogre

Post by nielsene » Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:00 am

The KS 6.66 Hellscape just got an update that its delayed about a month due to the Novel Coronavirus prolonging the Chinese New Year factory closures and other related impacts on supply lines. I'm assuming Plaguestone is similarly affected, unless it was already on boats before CNY. But it would be nice to hear an official update on Plaguestone.....

arsthein
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by arsthein » Sun Jan 26, 2020 6:18 am

I'm wondering how good of a deal for DF is to make pre-sales instead of kickstarters.

My understanding of the difference is: Kickstarter: we share the risk. We are entitled to some explanations and information of the behind the scene process due to us being investors, but our money is an exercise in trust, an investment with no guarantees by the KS policies. On the other hand, a pre-sale is a sale with the money put up in advance, so we have no special privileges but are entitled to the product as advertised, no (theoretically) risk shared with DF. It's all on them. So I don't think we will hear too much before the product is ready to start some stage of distribution (from china or later shipping to customers).

I think the benefit for DF in this pre-sale is the promotional value of Paizo's Pathfinder, but I'm guessing that usually is safer for DF to do Kickstarters.

I understand too that they are a creative bunch and that other sales and pre-sales (catacombs) allow them to create more awesome stuff in resin or because of other creative reasons, not so much for the $$$.

I wonder what the future holds for us concerning pre-sales. I am really down with the idea, but I don't expect too much since I think DF will go for the "safer" (to simplify a lot) route of Kickstarter versus pre-sales, since they don't have a problem in sharing with us the ups and downs of development. Which is, I think, another part of what makes me a fan and not only a customer, even with some of my recent disappointments.

Very interested in musings about this from other DFers.

Greetings!

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:13 am

I think I'm just south of $100 to finish, although I hadn't thought about shipping. ;)
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Sun Jan 26, 2020 12:47 am

I ordered so little i can pay it off easily. One curved thorn walls and one curved cage set.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

kodiakbear
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kodiakbear » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:42 pm

I wanted to pay it off last fall, now I wish I could wait till next fall.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Sat Jan 25, 2020 11:14 pm

They need to communicate better with Plaguestone. There has been virtually no communication, and at least the next payment should be coming up soonish.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Alarian
Orc
Orc

Post by Alarian » Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:18 pm

I really hope they get the current two running KS's plus the presale shipped before starting a fourth. I know they are getting close to finishing 6, but there is still two more to deliver and we've really haven't heard much on those. The current one delivered super late and it could be next year before these deliver, starting another could end up two year delivery time frame at this point.

Return to “Pathfinder Sets - Plaguestone”