Which existing DF pieces would you like to see done in Hellscape paint?

Law
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Which existing DF pieces would you like to see done in Hellscape paint?

Post by Law » Wed Jun 23, 2021 7:13 am

So we've been told that there are going to be some new Hellscape pieces, I believe it was at least one of the three components of the natural bridge that is going to be released in a Hellscape paint scheme.

Got me thinking -- obviously this is only relevant to those of us who get pre-painted --- but, what pieces would you like to see released with a Hellscape paint job? This is a neat opportunity to get a quasi-expansion to the set -- nothing completely new, no new sculpts, but existing sculpts that could be incorporated into Hellscape. What say you?

1) Cave cliff pieces from KS6. Key components for elevated builds, would look great in Hellscape.

2) Erinthor pieces, either from KS4 or the upcoming KS7 ones. Serve similar function to the cave pieces, but their unique sculpts could be great in Hellscape. Plus, those holes designed for floating driftstones might be more useful in an extra-planar setting -- easier to justify floating driftstones in Hell than just outside Chapel Hill, North Carolina (or, you know, the Greyhawk equivalent).

3) That big 6x6 cavern floor piece. We have some large floors in Hellscape, but that piece IS fairly awesome and super useful.

4) We got SOME stalagmites redone in Hellscape paint -- how about the rest of them? And the free-standing stepped rock pieces that came with the KS6 stalagmite set, for that matter.

5) Those big funky walls -- the entrance riser piece and the LED wall piece. The former would be a spectacular transition to Hellscape, either as a planar setting or simply as a transition from the higher levels of a cavern to the magma below. And the LED wall piece is just a neat wall.

6) The pregnant passage piece. IIRC this wasn't done in Hellscape -- bring it on!

7) Some combination of KS5 DoD walls and KS6 ruined DoD walls done in a Hellscape theme. Maybe even bring in some of the KS5 temple pieces -- the epic stairs, the giant columns, the temple walls. Do 'em in red and black with some gold highlighting -- a Temple of Evil in the Hellscape! Why not?
Last edited by Law on Thu Jun 24, 2021 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

zenako
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Which existing DF pieces would you like to see done in Hellscape paint?

Post by zenako » Wed Jun 23, 2021 11:37 am

I thought about what problems I had with making builds with the existing Hellscape suite of tiles. I showed off the issues with making a riser for the volcano for example, so some wall tiles that could support a second tier would be good. More floor tiles that have a decent amount of flat space so minis have more options. So while I would really like some options for the Magma rivers, those molds do not exist, so that would be a whole new product.

Really the main thing would be getting more tiles that free you from the orthogonality of the core Hellscape tile suite. Allow more variation in builds and open things up. IF they can consider the new molds from KS7, instead of a water fall, what about a Lava Fall using translucent red for the "water" and paint the sides in Hellscape motif.

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Wed Jun 23, 2021 1:35 pm

As we have a lava battlemat we would be looking for scatter pieces.

So a Stairway to violence would be illogical but very cool :)
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:03 pm

The trap door 2x2 floor would be an awesome piece in Hellscape paint, as you could have the lava in the square below. Same with the modular KS6 elevation block.

Finish off any trifectas that need the second piece. I think off the top of my head we have the long curved wall, but do we have the floor piece to it?

Anything elevation. Please.
101 Resin and 295 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Please see my list of stuff for sale for some awesome deals at 10% lower than anywhere else! Located HERE!

Erenor Silvershield
Orc
Orc

Post by Erenor Silvershield » Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:45 pm

The runic column would be amazing in Hellscape paint. I missed it for ice and I’m still kicking myself...

SwissArmyMage
Orc
Orc

Post by SwissArmyMage » Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:50 pm

In terms of just the paint scheme, cave cliff and erinthor come to mind first. But because I paint all my own stuff it's more a case of "when" not "if". All I need to do is get some set aside for that scheme. I'm not interested in having parts of them glowing, so material doesn't matter.

In terms of what pieces would I like in the Hellscape material:

KS2 river tiles, apparently they used a different material that doesn't have the same transparency. If they ever re-print these tiles I would prefer they do it in the new material for more lava river options.

Wildlands driftstones, especially if we can get the insides hollowed out to increase light transmission. Although new floors that have the spiky crystal stuff would also be cool. Imagine glowing crystals erupting from the ground. Alternatively, crystal caverns might also be neat.

This is a bit of a long shot, but I'd like forest tiles in the yellow, so we could use them for glowing plants. Some horrible hell forest.

Beyond hellscape, I may also be interested in tiles that are semi-transparent like hellscape but in colors other than yellow. Like blue or purple. This could open up new options across the board for glowing terrain awesomeness.
Link to my drive with photos of my custom painted collection.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Updated with new pics on occasion.

Adustus
Orc
Orc

Post by Adustus » Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:54 pm

AnimeSensei wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 3:03 pm The trap door 2x2 floor would be an awesome piece in Hellscape paint, as you could have the lava in the square below.
We've got that one coming! It's in one of the cores (I think Crooked Caverns?) and we decided that in each of the four paint schemes, it'll come with different texture patches to put beneath.

Adustus
Orc
Orc

Post by Adustus » Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:55 pm

Erenor Silvershield wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:45 pm The runic column would be amazing in Hellscape paint. I missed it for ice and I’m still kicking myself...
We've been talking about that piece as well. These big setpieces are just hard to get high multiples of, but the runic column is an incredible piece and we're trying to find ways to bring it back.

Erenor Silvershield
Orc
Orc

Post by Erenor Silvershield » Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:16 pm

Adustus wrote: Mon Jun 28, 2021 2:55 pm
Erenor Silvershield wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 10:45 pm The runic column would be amazing in Hellscape paint. I missed it for ice and I’m still kicking myself...
We've been talking about that piece as well. These big setpieces are just hard to get high multiples of, but the runic column is an incredible piece and we're trying to find ways to bring it back.
Not all of the Hellscape pieces paint schemes allow for the glow to come through. Maybe go with Dwarvenite gray For the casting color, but use four different paint schemes to soak up the numbers? Basic caverns, ice, Underdoom, and Hell? I know it’s a specialty piece and I have no idea what painting them in multiple colors does to your costs, but I certainly wouldn’t care if this was in Yellow Dwarvenite if I could get that column in a Hellscape paint scheme. I know you guys are doing the natural bridge, but if it’s all painted up and not going to glow anyway, I’d just use the regular casting color and save a few bucks.

Adustus
Orc
Orc

Post by Adustus » Mon Jun 28, 2021 9:42 pm

Unfortunately, the issue is they want 500 minimum per paint scheme. Initially we thought it would be 500 castings, so we thought splitting it up among different paint schemes would help justify it, but we definitely can't guarantee we'll sell 2,000.

Return to “Kickstarter 6.66 Discussion”