Wow :)

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Wow :)

Post by Rabbit Burner » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:17 am

Makes no odds to us what we order we will always be last :(
For months we have to salivate over Laws wonderful builds while our pledge is not even left China!

Would help if we just ordered encounters. But we generally go build your own although this time round we aren able to go for a different pledge - Hellraiser - we like that one :)

You would think it makes sense to get the unpainted pledges out earlier. But we trust DF are doing whats best for them as the factory dictates and ultimately the best for us no matter how frustrating.
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Fri Jun 21, 2019 2:01 am

I am exactly the same. One reason I am not a fan of the encounter system at all. I want a good selection of pieces.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Arbados
Orc
Orc

Post by Arbados » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:31 am

I'd like to offer my meager point!

I hear many people asking about specific DF pieces needed to build the designs that they've displayed. I'm personally not interested in building the DF set-ups displayed but simply buy the pieces to create my own builds. When I look at sets I examine them to see if there are sufficient pieces to satisfy basic needs. I'd like basic wall, floor and corner set pieces. If a set has that then I may buy it. Why not release a 20+ floor tile set of 2x2 tiles or a wall set (corner and straight). I'm sure there are many that simply are looking for this.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:02 am

MattM77 wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:51 am
So I said to myself....." I will just take it easy on this Kickstarter...."

Reality....up at around 1400 US for things...thus far...........sigh...
...and with a lot left unrevealed, too. Though i guess if people are getting encounters, they see most of what they can eventually get, as I am getting add-ons only, there are still a lot of mysteries for me.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Fri Jun 21, 2019 1:01 am

I imagine that they are painting some stuff while producing others so as both sides of the factory are working at the same time. I have no idea of the reality though. Still it does make sense unpainted could come a bit earlier though as I imagine a third side, packing, is also working as soon as possible.

MattM77
Goblin
Goblin

Post by MattM77 » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:51 am

So I said to myself....." I will just take it easy on this Kickstarter...."

Reality....up at around 1400 US for things...thus far...........sigh...

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:48 am

kodiakbear wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:36 am
I feel the same frustration about unpainted verses painted . I keep wishing DF would send out all the unpainted sets ASAP, rather than waiting for painted sets to get done.
Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, yes... :)
I'll get nothing till :?: , because of no encounters 1-6 in my order. All unpainted...
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

kodiakbear
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kodiakbear » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:36 am

dice4hire wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:09 pm
i do not know for a fact, but likely the KSVI shipping in July will not include ROW. The early shipping last time did not either. So I get to wait three months or so watching other people get stuff. That is immensely frustrating, especially since I may well be among the closest 100 customers to the factory itself.
I feel the same frustration about unpainted verses painted . I keep wishing DF would send out all the unpainted sets ASAP, rather than waiting for painted sets to get done.

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Thu Jun 20, 2019 5:09 pm

i do not know for a fact, but likely the KSVI shipping in July will not include ROW. The early shipping last time did not either. So I get to wait three months or so watching other people get stuff. That is immensely frustrating, especially since I may well be among the closest 100 customers to the factory itself.

Blunderbuss
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Blunderbuss » Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:47 pm

Rabbit Burner wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:01 pm
There is a definite psychological element to a KS.

We sink more money into a KS than we ever would at a retail store for the same product even if it was the same price. Because it is a KS (we think), you kind of assume your getting a deal, for us its desire and value, if we want it and we think its good value and we can afford it we pledge, even if it has no discount over retail.

We like the result of pay, forget, nice surprise in the post a year or so later :)

For DF Kickstarters its more because there is nothing like it on the market and the level of modularity is exceptional and to support such an outstanding company.

Also if we all kept our money for retail. There would be no retail.
I like to get involved in the Kickstarters not just for money saving (which we are seeing less and less of), but also because pledging helps DF to put out more pieces.

Now, we can all debate about how “stretch goals” now aren’t really free, and that DF already knows what it’s going to be offering, and that the whole process is really just smoke and mirrors to lure us in...

But as long as I’m going to buy it all anyways, might as well get it first from Kickstarter. :roll:

Return to “Kickstarter 6.66 Discussion”