Wow :)

astolat
Orc
Orc

Re: Wow :)

Post by astolat » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:30 pm

aaaargh, I want the capstone pieces! But I don't have room for SIX RINGS OF HELL, omg. Dwarven Forge, you can have my wallet, just have mercy on my groaning shelves.

hunter_something
Orc
Orc

Post by hunter_something » Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:22 pm

ilionblaze wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:46 pm
I went for illuminated 2nd before really having a chance to peruse things, just based on budget. But I see so much of what I hoped to get in the third encounter so I need to think about what to do. Pick up encounter three later on? Go for it once the pledge manager opens and see if I can get that portion un-illuminated? Just break the bank? Decisions decisions....

As far as price, I mean it's cheaper than all in on KS VI! Lol. Actually I was pretty close suggesting it would be around the cost of underdoom.
Lol I did that exact same thing, though I've taken the plunge to step up to 3rd because that river is just too cool. I may lose my nerve and switch things up later, but for the moment this seems like my best bet :)

ilionblaze
Goblin
Goblin

Post by ilionblaze » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:46 pm

I went for illuminated 2nd before really having a chance to peruse things, just based on budget. But I see so much of what I hoped to get in the third encounter so I need to think about what to do. Pick up encounter three later on? Go for it once the pledge manager opens and see if I can get that portion un-illuminated? Just break the bank? Decisions decisions....

As far as price, I mean it's cheaper than all in on KS VI! Lol. Actually I was pretty close suggesting it would be around the cost of underdoom.

geekjeff
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by geekjeff » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:45 pm

The drawbridge piece itself should be compatible with the KS4 Gatehouse, and yes the Hellgate tower uses the same winch & chains as the KS4 drawbridge upgrade. Nate mentioned that part of the KS4 Gatehouse could work with the Hellgate too, I'm sure we'll have a compatibility build or video with more of that.

Tobi did a quickie build at the end of the livestream. Those KS2 narrow passages used as hellish Crenellations were pretty hot, and this stuff looks SO good with the KS4 Necromancer decor packs.
Last edited by geekjeff on Sun Jun 16, 2019 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GardenDM » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:15 pm

Talistran wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:26 pm
Riley wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:20 pm
The Gate is beautiful- and breaks down into useful components!

Still not sure I want any significant amount of lava, but I am in for the decorative pieces.
Yah, I saw that and I'm hoping that it mixes well with Castles pieces. Necro bridge on the KS4 gatehouse? Yes, please :)
Nothing confirmed that I've heard, but the winch is the same part from KS4, so that's a good sign on potential compatibility:

https://dwarven-forge-collector-catalog ... ge_Upgrade
(4-GH-015)

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipP ... 5WYVdJZllR

period3
Orc
Orc

Post by period3 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 1:13 pm

It is pricey, but has a DF Kickstarter ever been cheaper than an earlier one?

zenako
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by zenako » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:32 pm

In for a painted 2nd tier and looking at what makes sense to add. Probably have to let the whole KS mature a few days...

Talistran
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Talistran » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:26 pm

Riley wrote:

Still not sure I want any significant amount of lava, but I am in for the decorative pieces.
Yah, I saw that and I'm hoping that it mixes well with Castles pieces. Necro bridge on the KS4 gatehouse? Yes, please :)

AstroCat
Orc
Orc

Post by AstroCat » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:25 pm

So all in without going totally nuts is like $1900, still pretty pricey!

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:22 pm

Riley wrote:

Feeling about the same, I may be able to get out of this one cheap.
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

Return to “Kickstarter 6.66 Discussion”