Ogre
Ogre

Re: Wow :)

Post by Talistran » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:57 pm

kitenerd wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:45 pm
Riley wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:01 pm
The beatings will continue until the dead horse gets itself up off of the living room carpet, and cleans up the mess it left behind? :)
Do you think that when they finally move the dead horse there will be a fresh set of newly designed water tiles underneath it?
Please for the love of all that is holy, let this be true! ;)

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:54 pm

all in perfect scale.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:45 pm

Riley wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:01 pm
The beatings will continue until the dead horse gets itself up off of the living room carpet, and cleans up the mess it left behind? :)
Do you think that when they finally move the dead horse there will be a fresh set of newly designed water tiles underneath it?
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

Elizb01
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Elizb01 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:40 pm

geekjeff wrote:I hear you loud and clear about wanting the ability to buy those resin pieces (that nobody has even seen yet) without buying the Big Big pledge. I don’t know yet whether that’s going to be an option.
I've thought about the resin pieces (which, I guarantee, people will ask for no matter what is revealed ;) ). I know that mass production for resin may be an issue. IF that IS a consideration, it might help to limit the number that people can add to their pledge. so that you are not having to try to produce thousands (and, of course, make it pricey enough that DF does not suffer for offering it). Of course, I am by no means an expert on what goes on behind the scenes, so if it is not feasible under any circumstances...I'll pout, but I'm almost certain I'll live :lol: !

geekjeff
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by geekjeff » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:27 pm

I hear you loud and clear about wanting the ability to buy those resin pieces (that nobody has even seen yet) without buying the Big Big pledge. I don’t know yet whether that’s going to be an option.

geekjeff
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by geekjeff » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:24 pm

There are pretty clearly other things which are not included in the Third Circle pledge - there are 3 as yet unannounced addons there too, which All Hell does include.

Have a little patience, please. We’re barely over a day into this with 13+ days to go.

Riley
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Riley » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:01 pm

Talistran
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Talistran » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:34 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:29 pm
geekjeff wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:40 pm
AnimeSensei wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:47 pm
Is there a reason why the AHBL pledge level is only offered in Illuminated?
It’s meant to be the ultimate pledge, all inclusive. Enough lights to illuminate all the glowy pieces, nothing else you’d need to buy.
But the 3rd Circle pledge is already 'all-inclusive" with the exception of the resin pieces and the add-on packs. Why not just let people get the 3rd circle pledge, buy the add-on packs if they want them, and have an add-on for the resin pieces?

I'm sorry to keep beating a dead horse, but why have a pledge level that is just buying the kickstarter twice? The backers who want those resin pieces have no choice in their pledge except to 1) spend $4k or 2) don't.

What if I already have a light table and I don't want the light panels? What if I don't care if my builds are illuminated? What if I only have so much to spend and want the terrain but the thing I can cut out is the light panels and still be happy? What if I only want 1 of each encounter?

For those of us who like to have the specialty pieces, being shoehorned into a set pledge that is 50% stuff we already are buying once, and then 50% of that are existing sculpts from CD seems pretty egregious to me.

I don't care if it costs a little more to get those resin pieces a-la-carte. I don't think anyone does. Have them free in the AHBL pledge level. At least open them up to people who don't have $4k to drop but still want to be a loyal customer.

Same goes with the light boxes. Don't force people to buy something; give them the choice. You have options in ALL of the other pledge levels for illuminated or not.
If it is a dead horse you're beating, it is a dead horse in the middle of the living room and SOMETHING needs to be done about it. :) I'm tired of stepping on maggots.

You're 100% right IMO.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:29 pm

geekjeff wrote:
AnimeSensei wrote:
It’s meant to be the ultimate pledge, all inclusive. Enough lights to illuminate all the glowy pieces, nothing else you’d need to buy.
But the 3rd Circle pledge is already 'all-inclusive" with the exception of the resin pieces and the add-on packs. Why not just let people get the 3rd circle pledge, buy the add-on packs if they want them, and have an add-on for the resin pieces?

I'm sorry to keep beating a dead horse, but why have a pledge level that is just buying the kickstarter twice? The backers who want those resin pieces have no choice in their pledge except to 1) spend $4k or 2) don't.

What if I already have a light table and I don't want the light panels? What if I don't care if my builds are illuminated? What if I only have so much to spend and want the terrain but the thing I can cut out is the light panels and still be happy? What if I only want 1 of each encounter?

For those of us who like to have the specialty pieces, being shoehorned into a set pledge that is 50% stuff we already are buying once, and then 50% of that are existing sculpts from CD seems pretty egregious to me.

I don't care if it costs a little more to get those resin pieces a-la-carte. I don't think anyone does. Have them free in the AHBL pledge level. At least open them up to people who don't have $4k to drop but still want to be a loyal customer.

Same goes with the light boxes. Don't force people to buy something; give them the choice. You have options in ALL of the other pledge levels for illuminated or not.
102 Resin and 212 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

zenako
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by zenako » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:54 pm

geekjeff wrote:
AnimeSensei wrote:
And if it did not include everything, some folks would probably ask about why not as well. So at least this way it is internally consistent.

Return to “Kickstarter 6.66 Discussion”