can't afford these anymore.

DWChancellor
Ogre
Ogre

Re: can't afford these anymore.

Post by DWChancellor » Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:23 pm

Yes, the above. Having some really big lava floor tiles like the forest tiles from last year would be a terrific way to quickly open up with the river sculpts shown so-far. Wouldn't be surprised to see that in Wildlands next year.
DW, Chancellor of Valoria, Formally Privy Councilor of Valoria

szabbran
Orc
Orc

Post by szabbran » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:55 am

zenako wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:52 pm
Talistran wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:40 pm
It takes time to make an impact and the answer "too late to make a change" is too common. This is why we start asking for changes immediately... Because sometimes DF has a good idea they haven't shown us yet, and sometimes they need to be shown why their thinking was a little off. ;)
And to show where specific backer demand might lie. I know I would be interested in a lava river pack, that included mostly single path tiles (vs intersections and junctions). If you have a flow moving away from a source, I like to have a few feet of table covered at least, and perhaps more. If we are on a demonic plane I really do not need that many walls or edge pieces to bound the area, just "flat" tiles of cool looking terrain to navigate past.
I'm way behind and catching up on forum posts- but Zenako I thought this was a very cool idea and a great point that I hadn't considered before. If I'm sendin my characters to the Nine Hells, big, expansive open hellscapes vs rooms with lots of walls makes a lot of sense and could be a cool environment. Definitely changes how I potentially approach my buy-in for this KS.

Stormfury
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Stormfury » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:41 am

Gargs454 wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:33 pm
That would also make sense (and sounds like a fun weekend!) As I said earlier though, I didn't mean for it to come out demeaning and if it did I apologize.
I certainly didn't take it that way, so no need to apologize. Just giving my 2 cents. ;)

Thanks on the compliments. Yes it has been extremely fun and the guys all were taking photos non-stop at the event. I'm planning for 2020's session but it'll be more sea based as I've recently 3d printed and painted a Galleon and 2nd Frigate. Fun stuff. For pics you can view my thread here: viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6826&p=159320#p159320.
He who laughs last, thinks slowest.

Xeno Syncretic Order - Salvation Through Unity

Gargs454
Orc
Orc

Post by Gargs454 » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:33 pm

Stormfury wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:26 pm
Gargs454 wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:10 pm
I'll be honest, I've always been a bit surprised at the number of people who go "all-in". Not so much due to the cost as I realize that there are plenty of people who are fortunate enough to have more disposable income than me, but rather at the fact that I just can't visualize the use for that many pieces at once. I realize that my gaming group certainly doesn't represent every group, but I know that we would not be able to get even remotely through an entire DoD layout in one session. Heck, it would likely take at least three sessions. Granted, we are very much a beer and pretzels group, but I'm not even sure that the entire DoD would have fit on any of our tables.
I can give my take, fwiw. I have friends who visit every couple of years and we do a mega weekend game. Usually a long 3-4 day campaign. As part of this, I prepare usually 5-6 months in advance and prepare 'dungeons' about a month or two in advance. This takes up a lot of tiles. I use heavy cardboard/foam boards, like science projects, to build out scenes and I store them off in another room. Then as we go through the campaign, I bring out relevant scene, we play and then after set aside it. To save having to rebuild between battles, it's all prepped and ready to go. For a weekly game, you likely would only need 1 or maybe 2 locations so you could adjust week to week.

That said, you might also have a really giant table and build out locations for doing a massive battle or non-rpg tabletop games like battletech, warhammer etc. These aren't exclusive to RPGs. ;)
That would also make sense (and sounds like a fun weekend!) As I said earlier though, I didn't mean for it to come out demeaning and if it did I apologize. Those sound like really awesome times and yeah, rebuilding in the middle would really suck. Even doing a small rebuild in the middle of a session takes time.

And yeah, they can definitely be used for other games too -- though I have a tendency to drop my money on other terrain types for those lol. Although CBS would be great for some games.

MrMorden
Ogre
Ogre

Post by MrMorden » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:36 pm

Rabbit Burner wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:56 am
Crazy Americans ......
We are the craziest people for sure...except maybe for Brits. :mrgreen:

Stormfury
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Stormfury » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:26 pm

Gargs454 wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 3:10 pm
I'll be honest, I've always been a bit surprised at the number of people who go "all-in". Not so much due to the cost as I realize that there are plenty of people who are fortunate enough to have more disposable income than me, but rather at the fact that I just can't visualize the use for that many pieces at once. I realize that my gaming group certainly doesn't represent every group, but I know that we would not be able to get even remotely through an entire DoD layout in one session. Heck, it would likely take at least three sessions. Granted, we are very much a beer and pretzels group, but I'm not even sure that the entire DoD would have fit on any of our tables.
I can give my take, fwiw. I have friends who visit every couple of years and we do a mega weekend game. Usually a long 3-4 day campaign. As part of this, I prepare usually 5-6 months in advance and prepare 'dungeons' about a month or two in advance. This takes up a lot of tiles. I use heavy cardboard/foam boards, like science projects, to build out scenes and I store them off in another room. Then as we go through the campaign, I bring out relevant scene, we play and then after set aside it. To save having to rebuild between battles, it's all prepped and ready to go. For a weekly game, you likely would only need 1 or maybe 2 locations so you could adjust week to week.

That said, you might also have a really giant table and build out locations for doing a massive battle or non-rpg tabletop games like battletech, warhammer etc. These aren't exclusive to RPGs. ;)
He who laughs last, thinks slowest.

Xeno Syncretic Order - Salvation Through Unity

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Wed Jun 19, 2019 5:56 am

John D wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:52 pm
Oldent's reference is spot on - It was the Saturday Night line-up.
Fantasy Island was on right after love boat - before streaming you had to sit thru the really bad shows before the really mediocre ones started. ;)
Crazy Americans ......
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

Saxon1974
Orc
Orc

Post by Saxon1974 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:34 pm

scott102303 wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:07 pm
Saxon1974 wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:01 pm
Anyone know when the next big KS is coming after this one?
January for KS7 Wildlands.
Thanks. I gotta save some for that one

ForestZ
Ogre
Ogre

Post by ForestZ » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:31 pm

John D wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:52 pm
Fantasy Island was on right after love boat - before streaming you had to sit thru the really bad shows before the really mediocre ones started. ;)
I remember there were a couple of cross overs between the shows too, weren't there?

John D
Orc
Orc

Post by John D » Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:52 pm

Return to “Kickstarter 6.66 Discussion”