Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: can't afford these anymore.

Post by Arcarius2001 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:14 pm

Spiropolous the Minotaur wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:22 pm
This one isn't to high in price?
4a1f090cf8eeaf8f71714d4cfdc6cfc7_original.jpg
Which is why that is what I chose along with the stone banks and doors. I am in for just a bit over $200 (for now). I don’t need too much lava as I have some KS2 and Hellscape stuff already. Storage space is becoming an issue but these look great and I want to keep current on my collection, and my backer shields! 😉

Oldent
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Oldent » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:57 pm

Rabbit Burner wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 3:39 pm
With Oldent for Magma River and then some banks and some light panels.

We watched the Facebook video stream and the Youtube audio and it was passable and got in sync toward the end - bonus.

All sculpts are cast in translucent yellow and that is the unpainted option.
I am going to get some light panels for sure. I like the idea of linking them with a power source.
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

period3
Orc
Orc

Post by period3 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:46 pm

Doleo_DF wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:43 pm
There is barely any discount for going the pledge level route this kickstarter. I'll likely 1st circle + addons. I'm willing to go big if it saves me a higher %.

2nd circle "River Styx Phantasmal Filter" just seems way out of place to me. Its like a greenish ghost river with lava round it. I think this would have looked way better as an option in the KS6 underdoom. Although, I also feel that this hellscape kickstarter should have been part of KS6 and the dreadhollow should have been KS6.66 or left for KS7.

Fun thought to picture the underdoom encounter cast in translucent purple / blue dwarvenite with KS6.66 underlight effects along with the "River Styx Phantasmal Filter" instead of the necrotic sludge terrain tray.
I agree with the river filter seeming a bit out of place. I like it though, and if it's in my yet-to-be-determined budget, I'll get it for use with KS6 std. paint.

Doleo_DF
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Doleo_DF » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:43 pm

There is barely any discount for going the pledge level route this kickstarter. I'll likely 1st circle + addons. I'm willing to go big if it saves me a higher %.

2nd circle "River Styx Phantasmal Filter" just seems way out of place to me. Its like a greenish ghost river with lava round it. I think this would have looked way better as an option in the KS6 underdoom. Although, I also feel that this hellscape kickstarter should have been part of KS6 and the dreadhollow should have been KS6.66 or left for KS7.

Fun thought to picture the underdoom encounter cast in translucent purple / blue dwarvenite with KS6.66 underlight effects along with the "River Styx Phantasmal Filter" instead of the necrotic sludge terrain tray.

kodiakbear
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kodiakbear » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:36 pm

dice4hire wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:08 pm
Stretch goals for cavern paint jobs?
If I bought pre-painted caverns those would be the most exciting stretch goals so far. But what I want is large banks in unpainted gray Dwarvenite.

Mobius
Orc
Orc

Post by Mobius » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:35 pm

Spiropolous the Minotaur wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:22 pm
This one isn't to high in price?
That's the exact pledge I'm going for. The key is to not be a completionist and except that you can't get everything. I wanted a little bit of lava to spice up my Caverns and outdoor builds, and I think that pledge combined with a few add-ons will be perfect.

I put small (by DF backer standard) pledges for each project, and I find that DF does a good job at creating at offering some smaller pledges and Build-you-own-pledge options that let me get some good stuff for well under $500.

Vegomatic
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Vegomatic » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:25 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:47 pm
My biggest issue is the fact that there is an all-in pledge level, and then there is an all-in pledge level x2. Why is the All Hell Breaks Loose level even a thing? 😕 Why are we being forced to spend an extra $2,000 for 2 resin pieces and buying everything all over again? (3rd Circle pledge level is $1,875 while the AHBL pledge level is $3,934.) I usually go for the highest pledge level to get the best discount, but this pill is hard to swallow. It's kind of insulting to the whales to assume they are gullible enough to buy the kickstarter TWICE. This resin pieces and add on packs have a lot of work to do to get my goodwill up in this pledge level.

And for a smaller kickstarter, an ultimate pledge of almost $4k is to much.... I feel DF should have stopped at the 3rd Circle pledge level.
Patience. You *know* they never show their hand at the outset. There are also three bonus packs to be unlocked in that pledge level... perhaps they will be something awesome! just sayin....

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:08 pm

And again fake stretch goals and encounters. I am very disappointed. I was really hoping for something different, but no joy. Stretch goals for cavern paint jobs? I will take a good look and probably cherry pick a few small things, but I cannot see spending much here.

A smaller KS for 3500 bucks?????? I think DF does not know the word smaller. I must agree that the 3500 is poretty artificial though, just being a double of the previous level.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

MrMorden
Ogre
Ogre

Post by MrMorden » Sun Jun 16, 2019 5:04 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:47 pm
My biggest issue is the fact that there is an all-in pledge level, and then there is an all-in pledge level x2. Why is the All Hell Breaks Loose level even a thing? 😕 Why are we being forced to spend an extra $2,000 for 2 resin pieces and buying everything all over again? (3rd Circle pledge level is $1,875 while the AHBL pledge level is $3,934.) I usually go for the highest pledge level to get the best discount, but this pill is hard to swallow. It's kind of insulting to the whales to assume they are gullible enough to buy the kickstarter TWICE. This resin pieces and add on packs have a lot of work to do to get my goodwill up in this pledge level.

And for a smaller kickstarter, an ultimate pledge of almost $4k is to much.... I feel DF should have stopped at the 3rd Circle pledge level.
If that's where you think they should have stopped, then that's what you should buy. I don't get the complaint about not wanting to buy the 2x set. Just don't then! It's clearly designed for people that want a full table of coverage.

So far I think this is a nice KS. Still pricey, but smaller than Caverns Deep if you want everything, and "only" $1875 for essentially everything with LED lighting. Less than I spent for Caverns Deep by a good margin.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:47 pm

102 Resin and 212 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Return to “Kickstarter 6.66 Discussion”