can't afford these anymore.

nielsene
Ogre
Ogre

Re: can't afford these anymore.

Post by nielsene » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:50 pm

There was some talk about how 'Essentials' doesn't really work this time around, but I think that might be a little off -- from eyeballing it, you can basically subtract Encounter 1 from Encounter 2 and Encounter 3. Basically treat Encounter 1 as your universal pack, then add on some extras from 2 and 3. The likely groupings (as divided by section headers) don't quite work, but I think things could be re-organizes. I think an essentials 1-3 could drop about $300 using that approach. (There might be a bit more that could be pulled out of 2+3, but that requires more spreadsheets than I have time for right now

Pizzabagel
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Pizzabagel » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:26 pm

Whoops beg your pardon. I read the posting incorrectly.

geekjeff
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by geekjeff » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:18 pm

Pizzabagel wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:56 pm
Nate mentioned in the Comments that they may have the painting video tonight after 8pm EST!
Clarification - he said they shot a painting video today, and it should be released by tomorrow. It won’t be in the 8pm update today.

Macroreds - no, we don’t have painting videos for KS6 yet. We fast tracked one for lava, so people can make a better informed decision whether they want to try the more complicated lava paint job.

marcoreds
Orc
Orc

Post by marcoreds » Mon Jun 17, 2019 7:14 pm

Btw, did they put out a painting guide for KS6 caverns that you know of?

Just to check if I just missed it.

Pizzabagel
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Pizzabagel » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:56 pm

Nate mentioned in the Comments that they may have the painting video tonight after 8pm EST!

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:33 pm

Nate said tomorrow for a painting video, but not sure how detailed it will be. I am not really worried about painting anything but the large magma flows. I am also looking forward to seeing the video as the price savings for unpainted are a lot higher this time around.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Pizzabagel
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Pizzabagel » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:28 pm

I’m trying to exercise some restraint myself. There’s a substantial cost savings in buying unpainted, but I don’t have confidence in my ability to paint these complex translucent pieces. I’m very glad they are working on a painting video to be out soon. That will help me decide.

icestormganon
Kobold
Kobold

Post by icestormganon » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:18 pm

Unfortunately, I won't be going all in on this one myself. I was hoping for below 1k. I haven't really taken the time to go over all the pieces in this yet, but could there be an option like in KS6 for a build 1 encounter at a time instead of buy all the parts for 3 encounters for a cheaper option? That kind of goes with the idea brought up of not needing all the light pads

One thing I'm noticing is there doesn't seem to be a lot of playable space in the builds. KS6 sort of had that going on as well, but this seems to be worse because of how many lava pools there are. I mean, it looks beautiful, but it looks to me like I'm going to have to get some add on packs of the non-pool floor.

Talistran
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Talistran » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:29 pm

zenako wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:52 pm
Talistran wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:40 pm
It takes time to make an impact and the answer "too late to make a change" is too common. This is why we start asking for changes immediately... Because sometimes DF has a good idea they haven't shown us yet, and sometimes they need to be shown why their thinking was a little off. ;)
And to show where specific backer demand might lie. I know I would be interested in a lava river pack, that included mostly single path tiles (vs intersections and junctions). If you have a flow moving away from a source, I like to have a few feet of table covered at least, and perhaps more. If we are on a demonic plane I really do not need that many walls or edge pieces to bound the area, just "flat" tiles of cool looking terrain to navigate past.
EXACTLY!

Talistran
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by Talistran » Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:29 pm

geekjeff wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:56 am
Oldent wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:17 pm

I am less concerned for the cost than the strange configurations. Why are there less straight Magma river sections than curves.?
An all Straight Magma River pack may be something to consider if funding does well, you're not the only one who has mentioned it. Repetition is a problem, visually, without an alternate sculpt and that ups the cost quite a bit. You can possibly disguise some of that repetition with diagonal jogs, and maybe using the T intersection pieces and covering up the T leg with scatter terrain (which also uses up some of those pieces in the current assortment configs.)

What kinds of designs do you have in mind which require many straight segments? Lava Moats? Or something else? I'm sure you have something specific in mind.

I think it's a reasonable set to want, I don't know if it's in the cards.
I want more straights as well:

Diagonals help straights too... just not so many corners. ;)

Lava moats for castles
Wargaming river down the middle of the board

I don't want to buy 12 extra corners just to get the straights and/or diagonals that I need

Return to “Kickstarter 6.66 Discussion”