can't afford these anymore.

LordDust
Minotaur
Minotaur

Re: can't afford these anymore.

Post by LordDust » Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:12 am

I'd love to get into this one for a wee bit, but our original summer care solution for my eight year old didn't work out and I'm dropping nearly as much as my mortgage for summer care. So all my hobby spending is on hold until pretty much Gen Con.

nielsene
Ogre
Ogre

Post by nielsene » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:25 am

Talistran wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:15 pm
AnimeSensei wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:13 pm
Sad day. I just dropped my AHBL pledge level. First time I'm not going all-in. Bittersweet for me.
I'm sorry. I think that there will be several who follow, if not a large number.
Yeah I still need to wait and see what the special resin pieces are, and what the bonus add-ons 2/3 are. Since currently dropping to 3rd Circle Illuminated + 3rd Circle Painted is looking very good to me (Saves ~500, and doesn't end up with too many light trays....) I don't mind the double purchase. I probably would have ended up close to that in add-ons. maybe a different arrangement, but close enough and its easy....

Seraphis the Bland
Orc
Orc

Post by Seraphis the Bland » Tue Jun 18, 2019 12:15 am

I'd like to see an add-on pack like 'The Miser's Trove,' just a nice selection of lava river pieces, statistically agreeable, a la Old Ent's suggestion- set up with all CD standard paint tiles around it, some floors, some walls, maybe use that lava fall in an elevated build.... In the end, what I really want is just some new blingy hazards for my dungeon or caverns or (soon to be) wilderness.

Talistran
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Talistran » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:15 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:13 pm
Sad day. I just dropped my AHBL pledge level. First time I'm not going all-in. Bittersweet for me.
I'm sorry. I think that there will be several who follow, if not a large number.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:13 pm

102 Resin and 212 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

John D
Orc
Orc

Post by John D » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:57 pm

Although, I was just going over Enc 3 and I don't remember what I thought I'd cut out - it all looks good.

Okay so, (Unpainted prices) Enc 1 pledge 79 + Enc 3 add-on 569 + Lights 7-pack 225 is 873. Then top off with Volcanoes, Straight Rivers, and ??. Say a grand for 6 sq feet of Burning Hell.
I can afford that.

news breaking edit (not really) - the average pledge on the KS right now is 778.

DWChancellor
Ogre
Ogre

Post by DWChancellor » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:47 pm

I'm with Kitenerd. I'm sitting at Encounters 1-3 right now, but I can't honestly say that will win out over a make-my own pile of basics + a bling pack or two.

I want a volcano/hellscape/plane of fire set. Makes for a terrific one-off or dragon's lair. But I'm not pulling it out often enough to justify my collecting itch.
DW, Chancellor of Valoria, Formally Privy Councilor of Valoria

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:42 pm

For me it will be an issue of whether Core 2 or Core 3 become cost effective vs. the basic lava and walls and corner packs - waiting for those components to be priced out so i can start really comparing piece counts snd dollar amount to find my sweet stuff
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

John D
Orc
Orc

Post by John D » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:33 pm

Core 3 has everything I want a taste of as far as repurposed CD sculpts and some new Lava tiles - It's my idea of a Universal pack, with Enc 1 being the Starter set. I don't want everything that comes with Enc 3 so I'm hoping Core 3 can shake loose as an add-on.

I know, still only day 2....

nielsene
Ogre
Ogre

Post by nielsene » Mon Jun 17, 2019 9:05 pm

OK just did a bit more spreadsheeting, does look like An Essentials 1-3 could be done, IMO. Basically treat the combination of Encounter 1 and a Trifecta Terrain Pack as your universal starting point. I suspect this would be about a $400-$450 savings over a 3rd circle. The tricky bit is figuring out how do this with the minimal amount of new skus, and avoiding extra pieces/extra packing labor when assembling the full build 1-3 out of these reconfigured sets. (There's a few more things that are shared between 2 & 3, but not in complete add-on proportions and that doesn't seem worth pulling out/complicating).

Given the simplest approach (as stated, pulling Encounter 1 plus Trifecta Terrain out, subtracting those from the Core/other bits of Encounters 2 & 3). Means no new SKUs are needed to support Essentials 1-3. However it does add a few extra pieces, when including a 3 full copies of Encounter 1 into the full build in order to reconstitute it, would be more expensive than the original (and this a no go as those prices have been set/published).

Splitting Encounter 1 (so one additional SKU) into the universal portion and a core portion, would solve that problem -- but the core potion is kinda tiny -- a diagonal wall, a cascading pool corner, a swell wall right, and the alter). I'm not DF, but it looks like me like this could be an effective solution. Most importantly you can still make 1st Circle w/o new pieces filtering into it; and Essentials 2nd Circle (savings of 1 1st circle), Essentails 3rd Circle (Savings of 2 1st circles and 1 trifecta terrain)

The even more aggressive Essentials version could pull some of the banks from 2&3 into an "universal bank" offering, which could probably get the Essentials 3rd Circle down to sub 1k. However the banks are not as shared between the two, so you end up with odder sub-component skus.....

Return to “Kickstarter 6.66 Discussion”