Compatibility with Resin Hellscape

Blunderbuss
Goblin
Goblin

Re: Compatibility with Resin Hellscape

Post by Blunderbuss » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:56 am

Talistran wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:51 pm
I'm still pretty upset that they put capstones in a useless "all in" that is just "double" everything the next biggest pledge" instead of just letting backers buy two sets IF they want two sets and make the "cool stuff" available in the 3rd Circle Pledge.
This is my one beef with Hellscape.

All-in-all, I think this is a solid KS and another strong showing from the folks at DF. I’m still weighing how much I want to participate (i.e., should I invest in a very-cool-but-somewhat-niche cavern subtheme, or should I take the opportunity to grab the cities and castles from prior Kickstarters that I missed?), but I expect I’ll throw in for a few basic cavern pieces that didn’t make it into KS6, at the very least.

It is disappointing, though, to see the return of “exclusive” capstones that can only be obtained by dropping nearly $4K - especially as this eye-watering pledge is simply a double-serving of the full Hellscape layout (and three additional add-on packs, which I imagine will be purchasable separately as well). KS6 was exceptionally good at making all pieces available to everyone, and it seemed to be wildly popular among backers; this feels like a step backwards to me.
Last edited by Blunderbuss on Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GardenDM » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:42 am

Talistran wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:56 pm
Arsolos wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:04 pm
That would be extremely disappointing if the transition pieces were only available at the AHBL level. Some sort of transition is probably the difference between me spending $200-300 on a couple random pieces of bling and $1,200-1,500 to get enough hellscape for an elaborate setup to integrate with my existing Hellscape. Seems to me like that type of transition piece would want to be available at a reasonable cost since it would likely lead to people like me who are already invested in resin to go much larger on this kickstarter.
Honestly, I don't believe DF will make a transition piece be the big cap stone piece. It would be a Fool's Move.

1) Lots of people will NEVER buy the AHBL level and they have old Hellscape pieces they want to transition.

2) Lots of people who WILL buy the AHBL level don't have old Hellscape pieces and will be pissed if their "cool capstone" is a crappy transition to a set they don't care about.

I'm in the 2nd group, IF I buy the AHBL.
I suspect you're right about this. My bet is that the resin pieces are going to be amazing show-stopper collectibles and due to their rarity will go for $$$ if any AHBL backers ever decide to part with them.

Talistran
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Talistran » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:56 pm

Arsolos wrote:
That would be extremely disappointing if the transition pieces were only available at the AHBL level. Some sort of transition is probably the difference between me spending $200-300 on a couple random pieces of bling and $1,200-1,500 to get enough hellscape for an elaborate setup to integrate with my existing Hellscape. Seems to me like that type of transition piece would want to be available at a reasonable cost since it would likely lead to people like me who are already invested in resin to go much larger on this kickstarter.
Honestly, I don't believe DF will make a transition piece be the big cap stone piece. It would be a Fool's Move.

1) Lots of people will NEVER buy the AHBL level and they have old Hellscape pieces they want to transition.

2) Lots of people who WILL buy the AHBL level don't have old Hellscape pieces and will be pissed if their "cool capstone" is a crappy transition to a set they don't care about.

I'm in the 2nd group, IF I buy the AHBL.

Talistran
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Talistran » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:51 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:21 pm
I'm guessing the bonus resin pieces at the AHBL pledge level is a resin Hellscape to Dwarvenite Hellscape transition piece.

Why else would they be doing pieces in resin when the past 7 years have been all about Dwarvenite?
Gosh, I hope not. What a specific useless piece to most people?

My hope is that the extra resin capstone pieces are SO fantastic or so big (Nate mentioned that they were BIG) that they couldn't be done in Dwarvenite.

Wait, I changed my mind. I hope that they ARE resin Hellscape to KS6.66 transition pieces... then I don't have to even bat an eye at not getting the AHBL pledge level. ;)

I'm still pretty upset that they put capstones in a useless "all in" that is just "double" everything the next biggest pledge" instead of just letting backers buy two sets IF they want two sets and make the "cool stuff" available in the 3rd Circle Pledge.

kenshidark
Kobold
Kobold

Post by kenshidark » Sun Jun 16, 2019 11:12 pm

Arsolos wrote:
That would be extremely disappointing if the transition pieces were only available at the AHBL level.
I definitely agree, especially for international backers since the lighting panels are only being provided to comply with American outlets (meaning we'd need to get transformers just to use these items). It would have been nice to see an option that didn't require the lighting panels and also received the resin pieces, or most preferably just buy the resin pieces as stand alone items even if there is a decent mark up. But I guess we're just going to have to wait and see whether these resin pieces are as substantial as we're speculating.

Arsolos
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Arsolos » Sun Jun 16, 2019 8:04 pm

scott102303
Orc
Orc

Post by scott102303 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:53 pm

They are likely doing the bonus pieces in resin due to limited demand - they don't want to create molds for them. I'm thinking availability will be very limited to entice the AHBL pledge, since money savings doesn't seem to be the carrot.

Arcarius2001
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Arcarius2001 » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:26 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:21 pm
I'm guessing the bonus resin pieces at the AHBL pledge level is a resin Hellscape to Dwarvenite Hellscape transition piece.

Why else would they be doing pieces in resin when the past 7 years have been all about Dwarvenite?
The lava entrance pack transitions from caverns to hell so you may be right. Keeping my fingers crossed.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Sun Jun 16, 2019 6:21 pm

102 Resin and 212 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Arsolos
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Arsolos » Sun Jun 16, 2019 4:05 pm

Thanks! A transition piece between the Resin colors and this set's colors would be amazing and would significantly add to the value of this set.

Return to “Kickstarter 6.66 Discussion”