Post by Rabbit Burner » Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:11 am

Talistran wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:52 pm
Rabbit Burner wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:41 pm
AnimeSensei wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:42 am

Not necessarily.

I'm one of those backers and am only there as I've always done the big all-in pledge before, but I'm not seeing the reasoning why I should stay there as of yet. Even with reveals later, it would take a LOT for me to stay there as it's so much for so much repetition.

If I do stay at the AHBL level, it will only be because I would plan on selling my 3 extra repeat sets after delivery.

I get why they have it; it increases the numbers of pieces purchased, which makes the margins better, but it's really not a good PR move. I really think they should have stopped at a 3rd Circle pledge or 3rd Circle + Add-ons bundle.
So waiting til the last few days to start finalising our pledge. Just like DoD and CD.

In DF we trust.
Meh. I think you mean that you trust in the system that has been solidified for DF KSes... because if we trusted in just DF, we would have missed out on a lot of cool things over the years. People complain about some things that don't make sense, DF responds, making a better project. And they still make a few mistakes (some major and some minor) along the way... that could have been avoided if people didn't just sit on the sidelines "trusting" in DF.

You get to sit there because of the system that involves a lot of "players" besides DF... you and your 47 meals worth of rabbit friends. ;)

P.S. This is not saying that DF isn't instrumental in all of this, obviously, they are. I love their product, ideas, and willingness to listen to feedback. DF is awesome!
Thank you you telling is what we meant and how the 'system' works. :D

And there was us just thinking that we agreed that this current issue was odd and that we looked back on our previous experiences with DF and felt that DF would provide a suitable alternative to getting these add-ons and resin sculpts.

Maybe you are assuming that our lack of complaining and only agreeing that this is an issue, pointing out that we got another 2 weeks to run and our asking for magma river add-ons is us sitting back. Well that's your perogative.

We just prefer to suggest changes rather than complain, especially as there are still 2 weeks to go and we trust DF to listen to backers as they have a track record of doing so.

Honestly in this case we think they already have an alternative add-on to get these so called chase pieces. They just have not released it yet.

One thing that is undisputed is that DF are awesome.

But what would we know we are just 57 rabbit meals 😁
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

Talistran
Ogre
Ogre

Re: Compatibility with Resin Hellscape

Post by Talistran » Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:22 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:09 pm
The whole reason I'm being so vocal about the AHBL pledge level and its issues is solely BECAUSE Dwarven Forge has historically taken backer input into account. They strive to be a better company all of the time, and have changed mid-campaign before to make better products and offerings to their backers. It's one of their strengths. They know they're one of the most respected names in the D&D hobby, yet don't get a big head and feel they know better than their customers. They are humble in that aspect and it is a good thing, as they have more loyal backers because we all feel involved in the process.
Agreed 100%

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:09 pm

The whole reason I'm being so vocal about the AHBL pledge level and its issues is solely BECAUSE Dwarven Forge has historically taken backer input into account. They strive to be a better company all of the time, and have changed mid-campaign before to make better products and offerings to their backers. It's one of their strengths. They know they're one of the most respected names in the D&D hobby, yet don't get a big head and feel they know better than their customers. They are humble in that aspect and it is a good thing, as they have more loyal backers because we all feel involved in the process.
102 Resin and 212 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Talistran
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Talistran » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:52 pm

Rabbit Burner wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:41 pm
AnimeSensei wrote:
Rabbit Burner wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:00 am
So far 47 backers seem to think they are worth it.
Not necessarily.

I'm one of those backers and am only there as I've always done the big all-in pledge before, but I'm not seeing the reasoning why I should stay there as of yet. Even with reveals later, it would take a LOT for me to stay there as it's so much for so much repetition.

If I do stay at the AHBL level, it will only be because I would plan on selling my 3 extra repeat sets after delivery.

I get why they have it; it increases the numbers of pieces purchased, which makes the margins better, but it's really not a good PR move. I really think they should have stopped at a 3rd Circle pledge or 3rd Circle + Add-ons bundle.
So waiting til the last few days to start finalising our pledge. Just like DoD and CD.

In DF we trust.
Meh. I think you mean that you trust in the system that has been solidified for DF KSes... because if we trusted in just DF, we would have missed out on a lot of cool things over the years. People complain about some things that don't make sense, DF responds, making a better project. And they still make a few mistakes (some major and some minor) along the way... that could have been avoided if people didn't just sit on the sidelines "trusting" in DF.

You get to sit there because of the system that involves a lot of "players" besides DF... you and your 47 meals worth of rabbit friends. ;)

P.S. This is not saying that DF isn't instrumental in all of this, obviously, they are. I love their product, ideas, and willingness to listen to feedback. DF is awesome!

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:41 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Rabbit Burner wrote:
Not necessarily.

so 46 backers then ...... or in fact now 49 :D

We do agree that AHBL should not be the only way to get the bonus add-ons and the resin pieces - but we suspect there will be an alternative method before the end of the KS.

As for PR, we think its premature to say either way as we don't even know what any of the sculpts are, but it could be argued its unnecessary as it provokes this type of reaction. But for us it adds to the drama of a DF KS :)

And honestly the resin we are not interested and the AHBL is not on our wants list so we have a different point of view.

We have seen what we want but are not prepared to buy the whole encounter to get them. So waiting til the last few days to start finalising our pledge. Just like DoD and CD.

In DF we trust.
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

Talistran
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Talistran » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:27 pm

scott102303 wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:23 am
I'm in the same boat as you, Nielsene. In at AHBL for now, but not sure if I will stick with it to the end. The value of this bid is not as good as the all-in bids of the past, pending what the bonus stuff ends up being.
Same here. I worked up the value and the "discount" for buying the 3rd level is less than 2% discount over encounter and add-on pricing. 4.5% if you get the Illuminated. Which is still less than HALF of what the discount has been in the past.

Granted, it may be higher in the AHBL... but then I have $600 worth of electronics sitting around collecting dust 99.99999998976555448990099876899% of the time.

Talistran
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Talistran » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:24 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Rabbit Burner wrote:
Not necessarily.

Agreed 100%.

Hell, I would have likely pledged for TWO 3rd Circle + Add-Ons bundles to get 2x the resin pieces... without a bitter taste in my mouth. But since they're forcing me to... I'm pretty upset. I thought they had finally started listening to "chase pieces" in KS6. And then I thought they were listening to "Smaller for the LOVE OF GOD, SMALLER and LESS EXPENSIVE KS'es"... but I guess smaller and less expensive overall is ok but they chose to significantly increase the cost of each piece :)

geekjeff
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by geekjeff » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:39 pm

jasdotcom wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:02 am
Have photo stills been posted anywhere yet showing pieces from this Kickstarter next to original resin Hellscape pieces? As a niche theme, I'm only interested in complimenting my resin sets with something similar that adds variety.

If the resin and Dwarvenite pieces aren't visually compatible, I would definitely be interested in a pledge level offering an alternative paint scheme. Lacking that, I may be interested in commissioning someone more talented than me to paint a few sets :D
I have very chunky screen grabs from the livestreams yesterday, but I know that a compatibility build with exactly what you're looking for is in the works for today. We should have some good resolution photos fairly soon.

zenako
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by zenako » Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:28 pm

AHBL just seemed like overkill to me. I would be hard pressed to use just the standard 3rd circle of Hell with perhaps a few add-ons. I have no compulsion for completionism with DF (which I cannot say for other collections however...). I selected a 2nd circle of hell painted as my starting point and I am reviewing what level it makes sense to step up to or to just go the 3rd cicle. Depends on what we know will be available as add-ons in the PM, which might remain unclear for sometime. The sooner some of that info is known and shared, then the sooner backers can more accurately predict their final support levels and boost their pledges to support the KS and perhaps open even more stuff up.

scott102303
Orc
Orc

Post by scott102303 » Mon Jun 17, 2019 11:23 am

I'm in the same boat as you, Nielsene. In at AHBL for now, but not sure if I will stick with it to the end. The value of this bid is not as good as the all-in bids of the past, pending what the bonus stuff ends up being.

Return to “Kickstarter 6.66 Discussion”