Light Panel Size (s)

dmalcolm
Kobold
Kobold

Re: Light Panel Size (s)

Post by dmalcolm » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:15 am

One question/concern about the transformers for the panels: annoyingly, different countries have different standards for electrical voltages, frequencies, and the pin configuration for power outlets. Hopefully DF has considered this complication. (I moved from the UK to the US many years ago: from 240V to 110V and different shaped plugs etc).

blakoutsun
Goblin
Goblin

Post by blakoutsun » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:40 am

In the Livestream, Nate mentioned that there alternative light sources available and simply addressed why DF decided to make/sell their own. It was a nice look behind the screen of DF and is a great example of why I love this company. Keep up the great work guys.

As for sizes, I agree smaller ones would be nice, but I think getting multiple and underlaying an entire build might be just as simple and would eliminate the 1 floor height difference caused by having only one section of light box.

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:09 am

If I had the funds, I would push some design norms.
Just can't afford it, so oh well.
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Mon Jun 17, 2019 6:03 am

dice4hire wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:02 am
It will be another consideration for builds though. I wonder how Law will handle it????????
We like that they are not madatory but optional, more options, while more complicated gives the builder more more ways to create some amazing builds.

Someone is going to do a glowing 8" Magma falls :D

Ooohh double height castle walls with Hellsgate and Magma falls flowing over the castlke walls feeding the moat. Welcome to Hell!

We can see Castle Necromancer theme packs flying off the shelves.

Law will be one of the first to push its build potential, be really interesting to see how he gets those tight moody shots in a red glowing hellscape.

This KS is sneaky COOL!
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Mon Jun 17, 2019 5:02 am

It will be another consideration for builds though. I wonder how Law will handle it????????
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:53 am

Half expecting to get enough light panels for whatever length of Lava river we go for.

The way we read it at the moment pre KS6.66 dwarvenite will not bleed light (but possibly through the cracks inbetween sculpts). Any KS6.66 showing lava through cracks (such as banks will bleed light).

So not concerned about blocking out parts of the light panel, the build ontop will do it for us where its applicable.
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

geekjeff
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by geekjeff » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:00 am

Don't have good answers for that right now, it should become clearer when the next batch of prototypes arrives. Have a little patience (hard, I know)!

There are connectors of some sort on multiple edges to connect them. I haven't heard anything about magnets in the Light Boxes. My gut says that would be an iffy idea, with magnets also in floor tiles which go on top of them.

John D
Orc
Orc

Post by John D » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:58 am

William wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:51 am
I gather the foamcore are to bring up tiles 'not' on the light panels. To put it another way, the foam pieces are risers surrounding the panels where needed for a specific build.
Got it. that makes sense now.

Really need to see this stuff - the intro video (edit - I meant livecast - Intro video was great!) showed a lot of Nate, but not enough of the tablefull of dwarvanite in front of him.
Last edited by John D on Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:55 am

How does it daisy chain? Are there male/female connectors on the sides? Magnets to hold metal nubs tight to complete a circuit? Wires you need to manually connect?
102 Resin and 212 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:51 am

I gather the foamcore are to bring up tiles 'not' on the light panels. To put it another way, the foam pieces are risers surrounding the panels where needed for a specific build.
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

Return to “Kickstarter 6.66 Discussion”