What fresh hell are you getting?

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: What fresh hell are you getting?

Post by Rabbit Burner » Thu Sep 26, 2019 7:00 am

Not overriding here

We cannot wait to get hold of our trees, of course will then want to burn them down in a fiery lava river inferno :)
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:37 am

Is anyone's desire for their hellscape overiding their desire for their CD?

Not at all in my case, but it could happen.......
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

DullandRusty
Goblin
Goblin

Post by DullandRusty » Tue Sep 24, 2019 11:35 pm

They may, but i still went in for a small 5 pack. For lava or for under the dreadhollow with a teal filter ontop surrounded by banks pieces will make a really cool negative space magical lake...the perfect kind to find an enchanted sword in if you want to mimic the lady of the lake from king arthur

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Fri Sep 20, 2019 4:24 pm

I just cannot escape the feeling DF will have something better soon with those. I know better light panels than pure white are out there.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

John D
Orc
Orc

Post by John D » Fri Sep 20, 2019 2:15 pm

I got a dozen light panels.
I'm usually the hold out for non-tile DF stuff, but decided that illuminated lava is just the right kind of epic spectacle (if it all works right). Plus, I saved a lot of $$ with Unpainted this time, so it feels like a win.
Time will tell, but I'm not stressed one way or the other.

NiandoBG
Orc
Orc

Post by NiandoBG » Fri Sep 20, 2019 11:28 am

I‘m quite curious what will happen to the light panels.

I have the feeling that many have cut them due to coverage.
I guess they have a lower margin due to procurement than dwarvenite tiles additionally the factory needs to cast dwarvenite in different colors, something what they don‘t lake. At least we are told that story by DF.

So I would not be surprised if we don‘t see them in future KS... :(
more than 2,800 self painted dwarvenite pieces :)

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:16 am

We think unlit lava will be fine, but lit lava will look amazing.

But when you looking to maximise coverage and minimise cost, they are an obvious pass.
We think, like we suspect a lot here, we will look at adding some in future.

Our intended use for lava is over the top of existing tiles which makes using led panels problematic.

But for cinematics (which is something we hope to do in the future) they will look fabulous and be worth the extra setup time.

We hope they are popular enough for DF to pursue in future Kickstarters as you need enough panels to cover an individual build - meaning that they can be reused for non lava builds - should DF go down that road.

Once you have enough you do not need more - assuming you do not want flashing multi-coloured ones .......
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

Doleo_DF
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Doleo_DF » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:10 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:57 pm
I went without the panels because I couldn't justify the cost.

Let me ask this: If DF were to make a set that was normally lighted (Catacombs, certain DoD encounters, etc.) and offered a cheaper unlit version (let's say $35 off on Catacombs for instance), which would you buy? I'm sure there are plenty of us that would take the discount and get unlit.

While I really, really, REALLY like the way the Hellscape pieces look backlit, for a large encounter I need the 5 or 7 pack and that's over $200 just for lights.

Don't get me wrong, I love my LEDs in some of my pieces, but in this instance I couldn't justify the cost for the "coolness factor," especially because I can light them up myself with something else.
I also passed on the light panels. The light panels are more of a piece of technology. I have a feeling that the light panels will be an available option again in KS7. If they are, there is also a chance that (like all technology) it will be better when KS(7, 8, 9...) launches. Perhaps, they may even have RGB or other effects down the line.

Tenbears
Goblin
Goblin

Post by Tenbears » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:06 pm

I didn't pass on them as they looked way too cool lit up. :)

Ten

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:57 pm

I went without the panels because I couldn't justify the cost.

Let me ask this: If DF were to make a set that was normally lighted (Catacombs, certain DoD encounters, etc.) and offered a cheaper unlit version (let's say $35 off on Catacombs for instance), which would you buy? I'm sure there are plenty of us that would take the discount and get unlit.

While I really, really, REALLY like the way the Hellscape pieces look backlit, for a large encounter I need the 5 or 7 pack and that's over $200 just for lights.

Don't get me wrong, I love my LEDs in some of my pieces, but in this instance I couldn't justify the cost for the "coolness factor," especially because I can light them up myself with something else.
102 Resin and 232 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Return to “Kickstarter 6.66 Discussion”