What fresh hell are you getting?

John D
Orc
Orc

Re: What fresh hell are you getting?

Post by John D » Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:31 pm

I'm landing somewhere between 1600~1700 (unpainted).
That's a fairly big chunk to paint, so I'm kinda glad this is wrapping up. Coverage should let me stretch to a 3'x3' table with 2/3rds illumination - combine that with Caverns (KS2 & CD) and I've got a pretty big spread - add Erinthors and I'll run out of table.
I threw in what I could to unlock SGs, will top off the rest in the PM.
Looking forward to getting some Caverns Deep pieces soon(ish) - I must build crinkly cave walls!

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:17 pm

William wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:10 pm
AnimeSensei wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:56 pm
I went from the 3rd Circle down to the $10 create your own pledge due to timing of funds. (Bought another collection, surprise surprise... ;)) I'll have to load up in the PM.
It is a surprise, where do you hear about these "collections"?
Two ways. I have developed a reputation. :lol: When someone needs funds for say a new kickstarter, sometimes I get people reaching out to me. Other times, I find them randomly. I found this one on a different forum. I try to keep my eyes and ears open. I'm one of the few that offers cash now, and not in installments, and that helps.
102 Resin and 212 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

dice4hire
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by dice4hire » Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:12 pm

Pledge Total: $ 142

Main Pledge
1 X Build Your Own Hell ($12)

All Types of Addons
1 X Wall of Fire Pack - Unpainted ($20)
1 X The Volcano - Unpainted ($27)
1 X Lava Cave Entrance Pack - Unpainted ($15)
2 X Lava Core Pieces - Unpainted ($48)
1 X River Styx Lava/Stone Terrain Tray - Hand Painted ($20)

My baby pledge, which nevertheless has everything i really want. No magma or mis or really devilish decor, just some laval to fit into my existing caverns. I may add the large stone banks in grey dwarvenite in the PM though.
A pretty decent Docent of Valoria

William
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by William » Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:10 pm

AnimeSensei wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:56 pm
I went from the 3rd Circle down to the $10 create your own pledge due to timing of funds. (Bought another collection, surprise surprise... ;)) I'll have to load up in the PM.
It is a surprise, where do you hear about these "collections"?
Sir William of the Basalt Region of Mythras
( aka: Rock Breaker Bill - Column Barron of BRoM )

zenmaster
Orc
Orc

Post by zenmaster » Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:05 pm

Thanks everyone for sharing here. It is helpful tp see ideas shared!

I have waffled between --

3rd circle non-illuminated and a 5 light panel panel set (with a few add-ons)
2nd circle illuminated with bunch of add-ons (much of encounter 3) so as to get the magma river megapack and fewer walls and floors (have KS2 stuff I am happy to use and like negative space) Figuring out the banks pack strategy still eluding me at the moment

I think I have settled on 2nd circle illuminated base pledge for now. Might upgrade in PM if I can't figure what mix of add-ons I want.
Dungeon Crawl Classics enthusiast.

combs1ng
Orc
Orc

Post by combs1ng » Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:11 pm

Pizzabagel wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:04 pm
astolat wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:36 pm
I, er, have crept up a bit higher. :P I'm landing at roughly $2700, going the hellraiser + river megapack route, with loads and loads of banks, a bit of walls, all the lemure floors I can get my hands on (many unpainted so I can kitbash them to get variety), some unpainted magma river to try painting in an eerie green of some kind, and 7 + 1 light panels to have multiple power supplies and the flexibility of two separate areas. One each of the two resin pieces, the hellgate, and the pedestal of pain, and an unpainted 'devil's doorstep' to do in an alternative paint. Very excited!
That’s really smart. I hadn’t thought about needing an extra power supply.
Damn these good ideas and reading this forum! I didn't think of it either but now its rolling around int there :idea:
"The price of wisdom is eternal thought." - Frank Birch

Pizzabagel
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Pizzabagel » Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:04 pm

astolat wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:36 pm
I, er, have crept up a bit higher. :P I'm landing at roughly $2700, going the hellraiser + river megapack route, with loads and loads of banks, a bit of walls, all the lemure floors I can get my hands on (many unpainted so I can kitbash them to get variety), some unpainted magma river to try painting in an eerie green of some kind, and 7 + 1 light panels to have multiple power supplies and the flexibility of two separate areas. One each of the two resin pieces, the hellgate, and the pedestal of pain, and an unpainted 'devil's doorstep' to do in an alternative paint. Very excited!
That’s really smart. I hadn’t thought about needing an extra power supply.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:56 pm

102 Resin and 212 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

astolat
Orc
Orc

Post by astolat » Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:36 pm

Pizzabagel
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Pizzabagel » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:15 pm

I envy Law’s self discipline at $346. You are stronger than I am.

I think I will be able to stick to my $1.5k budget after all by going with Build Your Own Hell and dropping all walls and corner pieces and focusing mostly on lava rivers, banks, floors and specialty pieces (gotta get the hellgate, Pedestal of pain, volcano and resin pieces!). Still debating about light panels.

I will likely regret it later, and will spend the next two-three years waiting for web store restocks and paying extra shipping, but hey....

Return to “Kickstarter 6.66 Discussion”