What fresh hell are you getting?

jazzman
Orc
Orc

Re: What fresh hell are you getting?

Post by jazzman » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:16 am

I keep reminding myself that even though I have CD coming, these pieces ALL glow with light underneath.

I want enough to make a large room. At a minimum I am going with Encounter 1 and TWO trifecta packs as they will get me two plain lava 4x4 corners I want. Also hellraiser and the entrance.

I hope the Hellraiser pack will get the rupture talons as stretch goals. I hope you don't have to get encounter 2 just to get them.

zenmaster
Orc
Orc

Post by zenmaster » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:38 am

AstroCat wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:11 am
I'm trying to stay in the 2k zone budget (all painted). I'm in officially for the 3rd level of hell pledge as my base line and for sure will add a 7 light panel bundle, Lava River transition pack, resin pieces.

After that I have to figure it out a little bit, predict what will be "easy" to get later and what won't.
These are my parameters exactly, and my planned pledge is almost the same as yours.

3rd level of hell painted
7 light panel pack
Lava River transition pack
Large Stone Banks (cavern paints)

-- Probably going to pick up the terrain tray multipacks as well. (love the terrain trays)
-- Was not going to get the Lava-cavern transition pack, but the compatibility photos of them are really cool.
-- Would kind of like another magmafall piece but the magma features pack doesn't seem worth it to me, so I'll be happy with the 1 I get in the pledge level.
-- No interest in the resin.
-- Waiting to see what the "volcano" is all about
Dungeon Crawl Classics enthusiast.

AstroCat
Orc
Orc

Post by AstroCat » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:11 am

I'm trying to stay in the 2k zone budget (all painted). I'm in officially for the 3rd level of hell pledge as my base line and for sure will add a 7 light panel bundle, Lava River transition pack, resin pieces.

After that I have to figure it out a little bit, predict what will be "easy" to get later and what won't.

AnimeSensei
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by AnimeSensei » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:05 pm

I'm similar.
102 Resin and 217 Dwarvenite Sets/Packs Owned

Pizzabagel
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Pizzabagel » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:27 am

Still crunching numbers and debating whether or not to exclude walls and corners. As usual, the pledge levels have the best overall value. I’m still well over budget...
Current plan is:
3rd level of hell pledge
7 light panel bundle
Large stone banks
Lava stone banks
Lava River transition pack
Magma River Pack x2
Magma River Straight
Cavern Stone Banks x2
Lava Caverns transition
Sprouted Floors Transition
....and if I win the $100 contest: Resin Hellgate!!

kitenerd
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kitenerd » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:58 am

promind wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:08 am
kitenerd wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:13 pm
My pledge keeps getting easier - i love my resin Hellscape so i am adding unpainted rivers, painted bling & door and staying in budget... for now!

Gate is an easy pass - i like my old one better!
How much resin hellscape do you have kitenerd? Are you planning on combining your resin with the new hellscape you get?
I have one of each and a few extra bits - enough for a cool encounter room but not a table full - i will pick up another Hellscape one of these days (no rush - no space - it will be a good deal or i will be patient) Hellscape 2 has too many floors and not enough walls

I am just planning on rivers and getting unpainted so i can match the older gray scheme (and i may green stuff to create variety - specifically turning a T intersection into a straight) - i'll get the door and maybe some goodies painted

It is a pretty specific environment that i need to "make an excuse" to game in - doesn't typically come up in our adventures (lower level mostly)
"Miniatures?, sure sign of a petty mind!" - 'The Women' 1939

promind
Goblin
Goblin

Post by promind » Tue Jun 25, 2019 1:08 am

kitenerd wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 12:13 pm
My pledge keeps getting easier - i love my resin Hellscape so i am adding unpainted rivers, painted bling & door and staying in budget... for now!

Gate is an easy pass - i like my old one better!
How much resin hellscape do you have kitenerd? Are you planning on combining your resin with the new hellscape you get?

szabbran
Orc
Orc

Post by szabbran » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:12 pm

Argh the forum ate my reply.

Thanks for following up! Totally hear you on the possible structural integrity issue. Re: increased cost, O wasn't suggesting that an extra 2x2 floor piece be included to fill the notch in the proposed design, just that one from am existing set could be dropped in if needed. Not sure how that would impact encounter composition though.

Regardless, I always appreciate how responsive you all are to feedback.

geekjeff
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by geekjeff » Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:02 pm

szabbran wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:49 pm
@GJ this is why I think mixing the banks with the trifecta ledges will solve some problems (+ hopefully keep things more organic feeling). But do you know why the large curved bank doesn't have the same notched design as the large curved trifecta ledge? Seems like that approach would really make the banks much more versatile.
I had similar thoughts about it as far as versatility go, but I really worry there might be casting/warping complications doing that piece with a 2x2 notch removed. Remember, the Trifecta ledge you mention is a full 11mm thick floor piece throughout, but the Banks would taper down to a very thin bridge of plastic right there at the center. Increased versatility wouldn’t be worth much if the pieces won’t sit flat on the table.

Even if it worked, it would also cost substantially more to do that curve as 2 pieces instead of 1, and I don’t know that the packs which include it could absorb that kind of cost overrun.

I’ll mention it to the team, but I think a change is pretty unlikely.

szabbran
Orc
Orc

Post by szabbran » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:49 pm

geekjeff wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 2:45 pm
Riley wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:33 pm
The 4x4 large convex bank will not play well with the 4x4 magma river tiles, and the 2x2 convex bank is currently very hard to obtain.

To really make lava overflows work well, we will need better access to:

- 2x4 straight banks
- 2x2 convex banks (not currently in any add-on)

A whole add-on set of smaller KS6-style lava banks would probably be useful, but the small KS6-style convex bank is essential.
Good to note that the KS6 sized curved bank is handy for bordering Magma flows like this, thank you for pointing that out.

It is in an addon though, the Lava Stone Banks pack. It contains the smaller straights and concave curves too - same composition as the KS6 Banks, just in Lava paint scheme/Infernite casting material.

It’s gone missing from the Google Gallery right now, but it is in the pledge manager:
@GJ this is why I think mixing the banks with the trifecta ledges will solve some problems (+ hopefully keep things more organic feeling). But do you know why the large curved bank doesn't have the same notched design as the large curved trifecta ledge? Seems like that approach would really make the banks much more versatile.

Return to “Kickstarter 6.66 Discussion”