Compatibility Photos

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: Compatibility Photos

Post by Rabbit Burner » Tue Jul 09, 2019 7:42 am

Oldent wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:16 am

How about some more inspirational builds with DOD while the PM is open and DOD is in stock! :idea:
Nate did a compatibility build with DoD but it was on his twitter feed and does not appear to be in their You Tube Channel.
There were a bunch of pictures of it in KS Update #18.

The more we think of the lava river, the banks and the volcano, there is nowhere you cant have a eruption and lava flow.

You just need a flat surface to put them on, DF have shown compatibility with other DF builds. But there is no reason you can add this to any setup, especially battle mats as they are deliciously flat :)

Definitely running a W40K Cities of Death game with added volcanos and lava flows, our desert and even our winter boards are going to be getting the lava treatment :D

Would be nice to have an end banks representing the leading edge of the flow, though a couple of convex curves would do the trick.
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

Oldent
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Oldent » Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:16 am

I like to look at it like this. What do I need to build what I want Vs what can I do with this Cool stuff.

I want to use all of these new detail part with my DOD. I want to use all of the volcano and magma parts with my Pirate game. I want the lava floors for Massive Darkness.

During a kick starter They need to think about selling the new stuff. Between Kick starters they need to think about selling all of the stuff.

How about some more inspirational builds with DOD while the PM is open and DOD is in stock! :idea:
OldmanWillow AKA OldEnt. Customer and fan from 1996 onward!

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:56 am

Love the use of the grates as bridges.

Would like to see more compatibility builds going into the campaign as that is what a lot of backers want to see, and they are always a good source of ideas.

There is probably a sweetspot where you kick off a KS and still have your staff working on it and engaged with it, rather than fully engaged on KS7 and so detached from this KS.

Never a good thing for a projects timescales than having staff multitasking on different projects.

But it does seem they are rushing through the final graphics and builds etc
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

Talistran
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Talistran » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:53 am

combs1ng wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:24 pm
gwhansen wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:47 pm
I was surprised that they waited until the end to do any compatibility pics with DOD.
Yes, my thoughts exactly. I think it was a mistake on their end to post DoD pics so late when it opened up my eyes (and mind) to what you could do creatively.
Agreed. I think dwarven forge really needs to wait another month or two and take some good pictures and video, instead of launching the kickstarter half-cocked

kodiakbear
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by kodiakbear » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:41 am

I think they wait to do these compatibility builds till a bunch of the Stretch Goals have opened up.

Personally I would do them before the KS started and do one with less Stretch Goals mixed in and one with about 75% of the stretch goals mixed in and just only ever show the one that is most advantages. But if they move the SG around due to our reaction when they leak a picture that might not work.

combs1ng
Orc
Orc

Post by combs1ng » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:24 pm

gwhansen wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:47 pm
I was surprised that they waited until the end to do any compatibility pics with DOD.
Yes, my thoughts exactly. I think it was a mistake on their end to post DoD pics so late when it opened up my eyes (and mind) to what you could do creatively.
"The price of wisdom is eternal thought." - Frank Birch

gwhansen
Goblin
Goblin

Post by gwhansen » Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:47 pm

Fealorn
Kobold
Kobold

Post by Fealorn » Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:38 pm

William wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:23 am
I had convinced myself I was O.K. with passing on the Magma Rivers and then on the day or so these two pictures were released. If you look at the picture names, you might get a clue how I feel now. ;) :lol:
Darn it.jpg
Dang it.jpg
Now I'm gonna probably piss off the wifey, just Great!!! :?
These pictures also changed my mind significantly on what I wanted. It's hard for me to visualize uses for pieces until I see them or have them in hand. These pictures made me increase my pledge.

Riley
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Riley » Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:15 pm

Thanks to everyone who has already provided more information, before I even finished posting my question.

Riley
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Riley » Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:12 pm

DWChancellor wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:06 am
Not clear how much retail there is going to be for these pieces. Nate made a comment on that in one place or another.
Oh? That would be a shame, and a loss for them (from me, at least). Money is tight(er) this summer, and in general I’m looking to shift from KS to DF retail. It’s just too hard to speculate on what I will want, and in what quantity, more than a year in advance.

Does anyone have any additional information on what Nate said, or meant?

Thanks!

Return to “Kickstarter 6.66 Discussion”