Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Re: The total positive topic on what you like in KS6.66

Post by Rabbit Burner » Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:01 pm

Law wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:09 pm
Rabbit Burner wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:52 pm

Would be even nicer if they did the river packs even smaller and simpler, with the example above we would rather not have the t junction and prefer another straight.
I thought about that, but I noticed that with two sets, those can combine for a convenient total loop. It’s a lava 8!

I do see the appeal of putting that in the other river set, though. Or an X-intersection. I just don’t have a use for the transition piece, so really I just would have preferred something else. But I do appreciate that the accessories set is mostly stuff you won’t want multiples of. I can see people complaining if they want big rivers and need 5 T-intersections but not 5 magmafalls or 5 transitions. (Still, I would expect DF to show off a large river set by the end anyway, so that people can just get a massive river of magma comprised in a cool way with a precise number of pieces and maybe 2 or 3 magmafalls but not extra transition pieces).
Lava 8 - nice - coming from a Law photoshoot at your nearest DF forum in 2020.

You can use the diagonal and curve to make a staggered straight, makes more sense with 2 sets - diagonal - curve - curve - diagonal
You could also use the T Junction as a straight especially with a lava floor adjacent to it.

Which leads us thinking we now need some floors ......
That with the soon to released Volcano and Hellgate means this is not going to be the cheap KS we thought it might.

Still that's not a bad thing, we get lots of lavery goodness :)
Mythrassian Lagomorph Hivemind Minion of the Flaming Bunny Clan

GardenDM
Minotaur
Minotaur

Post by GardenDM » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:21 pm

Law wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:09 pm
Rabbit Burner wrote:

Would be even nicer if they did the river packs even smaller and simpler, with the example above we would rather not have the t junction and prefer another straight.
I thought about that, but I noticed that with two sets, those can combine for a convenient total loop. It’s a lava 8!

I do see the appeal of putting that in the other river set, though. Or an X-intersection. I just don’t have a use for the transition piece, so really I just would have preferred something else. But I do appreciate that the accessories set is mostly stuff you won’t want multiples of. I can see people complaining if they want big rivers and need 5 T-intersections but not 5 magmafalls or 5 transitions. (Still, I would expect DF to show off a large river set by the end anyway, so that people can just get a massive river of magma comprised in a cool way with a precise number of pieces and maybe 2 or 3 magmafalls but not extra transition pieces).
I really want to see two magma falls stacked vertically! It won't be a perfect vertical situation due to the runout, but I think will look cool nonetheless.

Law
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Law » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:09 pm

Rabbit Burner wrote:

Valorian_Seneschal
Orc
Orc

Post by Valorian_Seneschal » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:01 pm

Nina, Valorian Seneschal

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:52 pm

Law wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:13 am
I really like the smaller, cheaper add-ons. This really does feel like a throwback to the early campaigns. It also reminds me of the resin days, when there were fewer sculpts and if you wanted big you just bought multiples. Case in point - $55 for a very basic magma river with just one each of a straight piece, a T-intersection, and two kinds of corner. That makes for a super cheap buy-in for someone who just wants a little taste for a smaller layout but has no intention of doing a Hellscape Apocalypse Now. And it also makes it easy to expand your river slowly - you’re not getting it in $200 chunks, you can add bit at a time. Buy two sets, and now you have four corners and can make a small lake. (Technically you can also make an oval river but it will look kinda odd). Buy three or four and now you can really do some fun stuff. And you’ve still barely hit $200. It’s flexible and convenient.
Though we would have liked an extra straight in this pack, 4 seems to be a decent sweet spot - though it will cost us more than $200! but as we are johnny foreigner here and in a distinct minority we wont hold that against you ;)

So individual add-ons for straights corners, T junctions, diagonals etc would be best for the backer.

However we do understand that DF have to worry about mold contents and not end up with lots of sculpts unsold.

But we would have put the T junction in the Magma River Features add-on and put a second straight in the Magma River add-on.

period3
Orc
Orc

Post by period3 » Thu Jun 20, 2019 10:17 am

astolat wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:14 pm
The texture on the light panel undersides is an awesome idea! I was leaning towards trying something like the nanoleaf option, but if I can use the light panels as either light panels or 8x8 tiles, that doubles their utility. I would personally love for them to be more like the Erinthor mountain large floor texture instead of flagstones, but anything it winds up being is great.
Give that this is a hellscape ks, I want cracked lava floors like the spout floors. If light can shine through the bottom as well, then that would be great too.

Erinthor bottom would be my second pick. I don't need more flagstone.

Law
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Law » Thu Jun 20, 2019 9:13 am

I really like the smaller, cheaper add-ons. This really does feel like a throwback to the early campaigns. It also reminds me of the resin days, when there were fewer sculpts and if you wanted big you just bought multiples. Case in point - $55 for a very basic magma river with just one each of a straight piece, a T-intersection, and two kinds of corner. That makes for a super cheap buy-in for someone who just wants a little taste for a smaller layout but has no intention of doing a Hellscape Apocalypse Now. And it also makes it easy to expand your river slowly - you’re not getting it in $200 chunks, you can add bit at a time. Buy two sets, and now you have four corners and can make a small lake. (Technically you can also make an oval river but it will look kinda odd). Buy three or four and now you can really do some fun stuff. And you’ve still barely hit $200. It’s flexible and convenient.

Stormfury
Ogre
Ogre

Post by Stormfury » Thu Jun 20, 2019 8:14 am

Talistran wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 4:45 pm
Oh, and I love the KS2 transitions and even the magma to negative space (even if I'm not a fan of negative space) is well done. :)
This would be my favorite pieces as well. I've been moving more into negative space builds as well, but you always need both (IMO) as you'll sometimes want lava or water on top of the ground. Ie mountain.

Love the KS2 Transitions to help with that.
He who laughs last, thinks slowest.

Xeno Syncretic Order - Salvation Through Unity

blakoutsun
Goblin
Goblin

Post by blakoutsun » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:32 am

Nate mentioned in the live stream that he accepts bribes and that Rabbit is already ahead of the game! It seems those bribes (awesome mini btw) go a long way. Time to figure out some bribes for water tiles...

Rabbit Burner
Minotaur Lord
Minotaur Lord

Post by Rabbit Burner » Thu Jun 20, 2019 6:27 am

AnimeSensei wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 7:45 pm
Nate mentioned in the livestream just now they are looking at doing the resin pieces from the AHBL pledge level as an add-on, so I'm super happy about that. :D
We are too :D

No intention of getting them - unless of course they are super super awesome.

But I know many old time DooFers are keen on these and should not have to spend thousands to get them.

We would have been stunned if DF did not provide an alternative add-on to get these.

Return to “Kickstarter 6.66 Discussion”